Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Would like to edit the above regarding rates: my wife tells me that 12/24 and 12/31 are not included in this Thai promo for nationals. This fact was confirmed by the operations manager who directly told me, "why do you think you are entitled to a suite upgrade when we can sell these suites for 30K baht on these nights"! Said manager also told me that we were wrong to think that Diamonds are entitled to a suite upgrade (even when one is available) and in fact this property is doing it by the book. Meaning one category upgrade up to a suite provided availability is there - so if we book the cheapest rate available (deluxe?), we will get upgraded to an executive room (same room actually but higher floor) ... and not to a suite!
Most regulars here (me included BTW) are very well aware that the regularly provided upgrade here has been to Executive Rooms for many years now. As I stated elsewhere they will (somewhat reluctantly, I must say) upgrade Diamond (regulars particularly) to the Suites. This applies especially if one has made a direct connection with a member of the management. Of course, many other properties apply these policies too. Not saying I like it, LOL, its just the way it is. Despite the aforementioned I will always make this property my first choice when in Bangkok because I like it!
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Would like to edit the above regarding rates: my wife tells me that 12/24 and 12/31 are not included in this Thai promo for nationals. This fact was confirmed by the operations manager who directly told me, "why do you think you are entitled to a suite upgrade when we can sell these suites for 30K baht on these nights"!
Which is true/kind of makes sense, right ?
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Which is true/kind of makes sense, right ?
It would make sense if it's true that fools would pay a thousand $$$ for a mediocre room just to watch fireworks when watching from the pier can be gratis!

It would also make sense (or dumb sense) if the property is in it for the short-term gains versus encouraging repeat loyal guests who usually pay higher rates than the locals. Without government-subsidy, I doubt these high-so wannabes can sustain a return visit!
Chang11 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Lots of hotels in Thailand have historically had crazy New Year's Eve rates.

However, Christmas Eve next week, you can pay 2500b more for a suite here vs. the lowest rate, which is in line with what they normally upsell their suites for.
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kevino
Lots of hotels in Thailand have historically had crazy New Year's Eve rates.

However, Christmas Eve next week, you can pay 2500b more for a suite here vs. the lowest rate, which is in line with what they normally upsell their suites for.
I quoted you verbatim what the manager said ...30Kb per night is not in line with "normal"! We are staying 14 nights here - that would be a fortune!

Also, in previous years, we always booked Panorama or Family suite dependant on the availability. Booked suites either in cash or on points to avoid asking for upgrades. But I'm telling you this year is different, the website was very quirky to begin with and it didn't let us book extended period of time. So, I checked day by day (one room at a time because we need 2 rooms) keeping a written record until I accumulated the info needed to book as a block. Was able to book Family Suite when it showed up for 2 nights. BTW, we were here before the vaccine for the NYE 2020/2021 in two rooms facing the bridge.

At any rate, I was upgraded to a Panorama Suite until the 23rd for King room facing the bridge. The kids' double room is facing North but thankfully on the same floor. On the 23rd will be moved to an executive room facing the bridge. Where the kids will be is yet to be determined ... stay tuned.

The enormous pork calderon at Iconsiam:
​​​​​​
Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The manager obviously misspoke. He meant NYE. Maybe he was assuming you wouldn't be willing to move to a non-suite NYE if he upgraded you the other days. You could have easily clarified with him by asking how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite on any day other than NYE. I assume he would have said something around 2k baht per night.

Yes, I saw in your Flicker feed that last year (12/31/20) you were not in a suite NYE.

Hilton is not Hyatt and not SPG/Marriott and has been running behind both those chains for 15+ years. Trying to play catch up a few years ago Hilton said Diamonds "can" be upgraded to a suite. It's not a guaranteed benefit like it was with SPG, then Hyatt, and then Marriott.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines

Welcome amenity today

Got a Diamond upgrade to Executive room (suites were available, but denied for upgrade)

Afternoon tea choices in the lounge on 31st floor

Evening happy hour snacks at the lounge: 2 hot, 2 cold choices

Evening happy hour: Edam cheese and vegetable sticks

The lounge on 31st floor is open again. Earlier in the year was told it is permanently closed, it seems they changed their mind. Hotel seems very busy.
kevino, NoY and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fims
The lounge on 31st floor is open again. Earlier in the year was told it is permanently closed, it seems they changed their mind. Hotel seems very busy.
This is certainly good news if they decided to leave the lounge on the 31st floor. This was at least for me still one of the reason to return to this property despite the (lousy) Diamond treatments from the upgrade aspect.
Just waiting for the world to return to some sense of normality.

Cheers!
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:37 pm

Those photos just make me want to be there again. I hope it's sooner rather than later!
NoY and GagaPilot like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by 11277m
Those photos just make me want to be there again. I hope it's sooner rather than later!
Too bad Thailand just reinstated the 7-10 days quarantine requirements and canceled "Test & Go" scheme!
11277m likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Too bad Thailand just reinstated the 7-10 days quarantine requirements and canceled "Test & Go" scheme!
Yes, sadly, except if you have already got your Thailand Pass approved, then you can still travel Also, 7 day Sandbox still operational for Phuket travellers
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:48 pm

UPDATE:
Spectacular 5-minutes Christmas eve fireworks show over the Chaophraya River last night with a tiny Christmas tree setup for both rooms (thanks to Khun Wink):

​​​​​​

The kids made out like bandits with their upgrade to an executive double XX03 facing the bridge, while we have to contend with the elevator humming noise (all night long) on the same floor XX17. Reason given, this is the best they can do given the high occupancy rate! Executive rooms are the exact same as the other types of rooms except they are on higher floors 25-29. This is for sure designed to circumvent the Hilton written upgrade policy (subject to space-availability of course). Hilton written policy does not at all mention one category upgrade only. This upgrade "policy" is property-specific which I tried to address inhouse but faced a huge push back from management. Will take it directly with Hilton later.

Food at Flow breakfast remains formidable with great service to boot. The occasional hickups are just that, occasional. Not the SGS, but still great breakfast. Shout-out to Khun Chaveem (?) and Khun Pete!
​​​​​​
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
I just spent two nights here and am happy to report I had probably my best experience yet. Booked a family suite and was upgraded to a panorama suite, which was immaculate. The upgrade was not proactively offered but I kindly asked at check-in and the agent was surprised to see one suite available.

Food offerings were limited in the lounge, but they had a variety of cocktails on offer, plus beer and wine. Very nice to sit outside at dusk with a drink.

Breakfast was in the main restaurant and it exceeded expectations. Huge variety of food offerings and very good quality too. Beware of the pigeons if you sit outside.

I can't wait to return but unfortunately it will likely be a while as things currently stand.

Sohan, IndyHoosier and freefalcon like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:56 pm

Any recent review for Millennium Hilton Bangkok? Booked a few nights for July, currently booked family suite but looking to upgrade to panoramic executive suite. Is there a sofabed panoramic executive suite?
Old May 21, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Just had 2 stays here last week. Both booked as Family Suite and upgraded to Panoramic. As Diamond the upgrade is primarily the view (Panoramic on the river end of the building, Family at the other end). The suites are otherwise quite similar and the benefits are granted to Diamonds anyway. There are no sofa beds in the Panoramic but one person could sleep on the sofa if you request bedding. Since the renovations the suites also have a 2nd separate toilet on the lounge section.

I was happy to be back (used to be a very regular visitor but obviously not so over the past 2 years). The lounge was pleasant (many trainee staff who are not up to speed yet but trying). Breakfast is only at Flow Mon-Fri but also in the lounge at weekends. Otherwise the lounge opens from 10am for coffee and lounging, afternoon tea was very nice and so was Happy Hour (5-7pm). Complimentary pressing was returned quickly. The shuttle boat is not operating.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.