Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Hilton Fort Collins {US-CO}

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050531/315123.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation

The Hilton Fort Collins to Bridge Colorado's Old West with the New
Tuesday May 31, 6:00 am ET

FORT COLLINS, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2005--Located at the foot of the majestic Rocky Mountains, the new Hilton Fort Collins, which opened last week, brings a new level of comfort, hospitality and amenities to Colorado's scenic and fast-growing Front Range region. This 255-room hotel was previously operated under a different brand name, and has received $8 million in improvements to become a Hilton hotel, including renovation of all guestrooms, the lobby, the business and fitness centers and the exterior of the building.

Originally built as an army camp in the 1860s, Fort Collins today is a modern city that is home to Colorado State University, a thriving technology industry, and boasts several galleries and a slew of dance, music and theater companies. But traces of the Old West can still be found in Fort Collins, such as in the city's charming Old Town District, which attracts visitors from throughout the region for its dining, shopping and entertainment.

The Hilton Fort Collins is owned and managed by John Q. Hammons Hotels, Inc., and operated under a franchise license agreement with Beverly Hills-based Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT - News).

"The new Hilton Fort Collins will welcome our guests with the sense of hospitality and service Hilton has long been known for," said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, Hilton Brand Management, Hilton Hotels Corporation. "We are excited to be a part of the growth of this appealing city and to serve guests and residents with outstanding meeting facilities, amenities and services."

The hotel features a nine-story atrium that brings the outdoors inside with lush foliage and a new water feature. Each of the thoroughly renovated rooms includes the Hilton Serenity Bed, high-speed Internet, spacious work desk, 27" television and two phone lines. The ninth floor has been designated as an Executive Floor, which provides added exclusivity and amenities, including a comfortable lounge that serves a continental breakfast each morning and wine and hors d'oeuvres each afternoon.

With 18,000 square feet of technologically-advanced meeting space, the Hilton Fort Collins is an ideal choice for meetings and conferences. An attentive staff and on-premises business center are available to facilitate a wide variety of meetings.

When it's time to revive and rejuvenate, guests will enjoy the indoor heated swimming pool and a newly upgraded fitness center. In addition to the hotel's fitness center, guests can check out a Hilton Travel Fit Kit, an in-room mini gym designed by Bally Total Fitness.

The city of Fort Collins offers the feel of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city. With an average of 300 days of sunshine annually, the city is an enjoyable place to visit year-round. Several major employers are located near the new Hilton Fort Collins, including Colorado State University, Hewlett Packard, Poudre Valley Health System, Eastman Kodak, Agilent Technologies, Celestica Colorado, LSI Logic, Advanced Energy Industries, Anheuser Busch, Woodward Governor and Waterpik. Opportunities for outdoor recreation abound, as the hotel is just 30 miles from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, and within a few miles of skiing, golf, and tennis. The Historic Old Town District draws visitors from around the region for its shopping, dining and entertainment options, including Colorado's largest selection of micro-breweries.

Travelers staying at this hotel have the opportunity to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest reward program, allowing guests to earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay at more than 2,700 hotels worldwide.

GETTING THERE

The Hilton Fort Collins is the area's premier new full-service hotel. The address is 425 West Prospect Road, Fort Collins, Colo., 80526. Phone: (970) 482-2626. For more information or to make reservations, contact Hilton Reservations Worldwide at 1-800-445-8667 or visit www.hilton.com.

Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I stayed at the Fort Collins Hilton in June for 5 nights so I wanted to give a mini-review. Overall I was very pleased, it's a really nice place. I initially tried to do the online check-in and that was a waste of time. The system only offered me a smoking or pet-friendly low floor room with two double beds. When I arrived they had instead booked me into a top floor, concierge level room as a gold member upgrade. The concierge room was very nice and allowed two free alcoholic drinks (beer or wine) and a nice assortment of hot snacks & cheeses. Breakfast was the usual fruits, cereals, bagels, etc. The room stayed open all day and offered a frig full of water and soft drinks. It was really hot the week I was there so I stocked up on lots of bottled water. They also had a library of books you could check out. The hotel has a pretty nice workout room and indoor pool. All of the people at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance to the Colorado State campus. I had a couple of room service meals and they were fast and very tasty.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
A mini-mini review. Just returned from a short stay at the Hilton Ft. Collins. A pleasant hotel. The staff was all (and I mean ALL) super-friendly and helpful whether riding in the elevator or calling the front desk. ^ ^ The location is across the street from the southern-most portion of the CSU campus. It is an atrium-style hotel with the rooms all on the outer walls and the hallways all looking down into the large atrium which contains a lounge and restaurant. High speed wired internet connection is available in the room for $10/day. I had no problems with set-up. I cannot comment on room upgrades/exec floor since I am a mere Blue HHonors member, but a standard king room was spacious and well-furnished. :-:
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:58 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Anyone stayed in Presidential Suite?

Anyone ever stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Hilton Fort Collins? Looks like the rate is quite reasonable so wondered if the reason is that maybe the suite is less than Presidential?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I had a very nice stay here last weekend. Despite it having been 10 years since the last review in this thread, the general description hasn't changed except the property is showing a bit of wear (I'm not sure when its last update was completed). At checkout the MOD mentioned the property (both guest rooms and public areas) would be going through renovations starting in a few months.

The club lounge does not have evening appetizers or a cocktail hour on the weekends, but is accessible 24 hours for soda and water. Weekend breakfast in the lounge included fresh fruit (pineapple, melon, berries), yogurt, breads & pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Weekend breakfast is served until 1030.

As a Diamond I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite (original booking was a King + sofa). In larger markets it would likely be classified as a standard or executive suite, but it's likely one of the nicest ones in FT Collins and we were quite pleased with it.

Self-parking is $8 overnight.

As others mentioned above, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to future stays at this property when I need to stay in the Ft Collins area.

Last edited by cawhite; Jul 27, 2016 at 11:07 am
Old May 27, 2022, 10:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just a note that this was one of my better stays at a US Hilton ever. There is a good executive lounge with a decent spread for breakfast and great views of the mountains to the west.

Everything seemed to be updated and staff were helpful and friendly, going above and beyond to assist.

Convenient to University and downtown.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:58 am

Diamond, one weeknight stay two weeks ago. Booked cheapest room available as I would only be there for a very short period of time and the room was cheaper than some of the other chain hotels in the area.

Check-in, room, and facilities were all fine. I'll note that the front desk staff were all dressed professionally - branded button-down shirts. This is something that I am seeing less and less of in US full-service hotels.

I was upgraded to what I think is considered the deluxe king mountain view room. It is a huge room - if it had a dividing wall for the sleeping area, I'd consider it a jr. suite.

Being a US Hilton, I hadn't considered looking at other room types, and I assumed that a lounge was non-existent. And I was not offered lounge access upon check-in. It was not until I went to write this review and noticed the previous post that I discovered that there were executive floors with lounge access. Being still in the area, I stopped back by the property to inquire about whether or not I should have received access, being a Diamond, but not being on an executive floor. Front desk staff told me that only those on executive floors received access. I've already posted in the lounge access thread about this. Bottom line, I had a pleasant e-mail exchange with the GM, chalked it up to staff turnover/training, and received points as compensation. This experience reminds me to not make assumptions.

The F&B credit did not apply correctly and it was promptly fixed.

My only other comment regards parking. My parking was free as all of the gates were up when I was there. Not sure if this is the norm as other reviews mentioned paying for parking.
LSEGallipot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.