Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Three primary property names for Phoenix proper:

- Squaw Peak
- Tapatio Cliffs
- Arizona Biltmore

All three have detailed threads here.

My own personal experience:

- Squaw Peak - 2 stays - both fantastic with great treatment as Gold (1) and Diamond (1). One personal stay, one business. Would happily go back.
- Arizona Biltmore - 2 stays - both okay, no real elite recognition, no upgrades...but no real issues either. Business trips where I didn't have much choice...I wouldn't go back if I had a choice.
- Tapatio Cliffs - 0 stays, but I want to try it. Most FT reviews are pretty good.

There are of course lots of other Hiltons in the area but these three are the more "resort-y" ones. I've probably done 10-ish area stays (combined) in these non-resort-y places; none were remarkable stays (either positive or negative).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Thank you. I will have to do some research but I was hoping to find one of the Hilton resorts you mentioned with a beautiful view and some hiking opportunities. Would one of these fit the bill?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
In addition to those that pinniped mentioned, there's also a Doubletree resort in Scottsdale (not far from Old Town) and the Boulders in way north Scottsdale (maybe even Carefree).
There could be a few others that I'm forgetting.

I think much depends on when you are going, what you want to do, and if you're planning any side trips, such as Sedona. Of course budget can definitely come into play.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:46 pm

I am just looking for a Hilton in early December. Someplace with a spa and cheerful. Probably not 30 miles from town. Someplace that might be near some hiking trails? Thanks very much.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Tapatio Cliffs has a spa and is just across the road from the North Mountain preserve with lots of trails including Shaw butte and is a nice hotel with lots of pools ( some of the hotel builidngs are up fairly steep hills)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:11 pm

I seem to be having a hard time finding out about the different parts of town in Phoenix in order to select a Hilton resort. Years ago, I remember being awed about the Phoenician and thought the grounds were lovely. Not too interested in staying in Scottsdale unless there were rooms with views. Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: US,HH
Tapatio has just finished their room remodels and they do look much refreshed.
And as mentioned, right across the street from North Mountain so plenty of hiking.
Some of the rooms have great views, just check with the front desk when you check in. I was in the main building this last time facing towards the main pool. It is centrally located as well.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by mphall
I am just looking for a Hilton in early December. Someplace with a spa and cheerful. Probably not 30 miles from town. Someplace that might be near some hiking trails? Thanks very much.
You won't find a more cheerful and beautiful Hilton branded place than the Boulders. Hiking close, good spa, gorgeous grounds. Might be a bit expensive in December though.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hlight=phoenix
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Boulders is a really, really nice property. Spread out, very much full of nature, very peaceful setting. Resort fee covers all tips for resort staff (they offer golf cart based transportation service throughout the resort at all times; in off season when I was there the guys were just driving golf carts around to pick you up or drop you off randomly) which also simplifies that matter. I would highly recommend it. It is a ways out of Phoenix but Phoenix is a really spread out place. Just a really beautiful setting if you like mountains, desert landscape, and serenity.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:59 am

Any thoughts for restaurants with nice views. Hiking trails for city slickers with nice views. We're kind of stuck in Music City with lots of high rises so it's nice to see some nature. Many thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The Tapatio Cliffs has a spa and is just across the road from the North Mountain preserve with lots of trails including Shaw butte and is a nice hotel with lots of pools ( some of the hotel builidngs are up fairly steep hills)

Regards

TBS
Based on what you're looking for, I add a +1 for Tapatío Cliffs.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: US,HH
Originally Posted by mphall
Any thoughts for restaurants with nice views. Hiking trails for city slickers with nice views. We're kind of stuck in Music City with lots of high rises so it's nice to see some nature. Many thanks.
A Different Pointe of View at Tapatio has fabulous views.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
From what I've heard, Tapatio or Boulders would be your spot.

Squaw Peak was great but is probably farther from good hiking. I don't recall having a particularly great view of mountains or anything.

Biltmore is right on an urban trail system that follows a large man-made irrigation canal. Great spot to go for a run of any distance, but not a particularly "natural" area. I ran a 12-miler on it once (out 6 and back) and I never left residential/commercial development.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Personally, I think The Boulders is the one of the bestresort in the area (minus the $5 bottle of champagne they give in the romancepackage), very nice scenery and golf course. It is a little further away fromthe center of everything, it’s in Carefree on the edge of Scottsdale, but wouldrecommend it if you’re traveling as a couple. If you’re bringing kids with you,I would recommend either Squaw Peak or Tapatio Cliffs. The Biltmore is alsopretty nice from what I hear, but I haven’t had a chance to stay at that oneyet.

I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of those, butI really enjoy The Boulders, I live in the Valley and am thinking about another“staycation” there around Christmas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.