Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by BigJC
Stayed here about 18 months ago. It was built as an HS with actual bedrooms and offered the standard HS breakfast and weekday dinner. Cocktail hour along with dinner consisted of draft beer and low dollar bottled wine. A little bit further drive up from Old Town than the resorts but I thought it was a decent place to stay for the price point.
Thanks for the quick response! ^
I'll stick with this property then and see how it goes.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by atsak
Oh, there is something wrong with it . . . it's not up to Embassy Suites (or Hilton standards).
FWIW, everything you wrote is pretty much on par with my ES experiences, there is a reason I avoid them...especially the older properties.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
My fiancee and I will be hotel hopping in Phoenix this weekend trying to get some cheap stays in to qualify for diamond. Most hotels can be had for under $80. We'll be doing the Doubletree Paradise Valley on Saturday night since that gets good reviews on here. Any recommendations for Friday and Sunday night? The only night we won't have a car is Friday so we're looking at staying either downtown or near Tempe so we can either catch the light rail or hotel shuttle. All we really care about are nice rooms and a decent pool. The resorts look nice but the resort fee would make those properties a lot higher than other properties. We're thinking either the Doubletree or Embassy Suites Tempe for Friday since both are only $63. Any preference?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH D
There's a small chance people you don't want to meet are going to stay in the lowest priced hotels. I stayed at Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport, which is rather old fashioned, but it went for something like $63. Some guys in their 20s/30s were drinking beer from glass bottles in the pool area, even inside of the pool. One of them relieved his bladder against one of the shrubs, while a toilet was 100 feet away or so, but how could he know.

On my return trip stayed at Doubletree Suites Phoenix Airport, much nicer property, maybe $10 more, but no idiots this time. And no charge for parking where the ES did charge $6 or so. At both properties received an upgraded room (preferred view / location).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig
There's a small chance people you don't want to meet are going to stay in the lowest priced hotels. I stayed at Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport, which is rather old fashioned, but it went for something like $63. Some guys in their 20s/30s were drinking beer from glass bottles in the pool area, even inside of the pool. One of them relieved his bladder against one of the shrubs, while a toilet was 100 feet away or so, but how could he know.
What a ridiculous comment. The same behavior happens at high-end properties filled with drunk conventioneers, etc.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
We're thinking either the Doubletree or Embassy Suites Tempe for Friday since both are only $63. Any preference?
There's also the Doubletree Phoenix Airport (north), Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport (north, nearly across the street), both would be an easy walk to the 44th/Washington light rail stop.
There's also a Hilton Garden Inn in that area, but a slightly further hike, and I think closer to the next station toward Phoenix (I think 36th St?)

I've stayed at the Airport Doubletree and it was a good property. It is more suites, and the breakfast buffet was great too. If you like Chinese food, the Chinese Cultural Center is across another street (so also across from the Hampton).

As to other guests, I really wouldn't worry too much about that. I've seen some of that even at high end properties.

I think the ES Tempe is near Rural/US 60, which is a few miles from the nearest rail stop.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by smmrfld
What a ridiculous comment. The same behavior happens at high-end properties filled with drunk conventioneers, etc.
Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker and didn't mean to address anyone in particular. I was just trying to answer a question about a stay this weekend. Please take my sincere apologies if you feel offended.

In the past I used to spend countless nights at bottom priced chain hotels in the U.S. From my personal experience it made a lot of difference if you picked the lowest priced (major chain) motel or one that would be just a couple of dollars more.

Just forgot to think of the many conventions in Phoenix in July.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Thanks guys. I ended up booking the Doubletree Tempe last night and my fiancee said it was fine. I ended up having some flight issues and will fly in today so we'll be staying at the DT Paradise Valley tonight and somewhere near the airport or back in Tempe tomorrow. From what she told me she was treated very well with drink and breakfast coupons (even without me being there to check in but with her name added to the reservation) and the room was decent.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chandler-Fashion Center in March, and really enjoyed the stay. The free shuttle at a 5 mile radius was great, and the breakfast varied each day which I really like. Pool was also not too bad.

We are back in AZ for Spring Training March 2017, and I was looking at possibly booking the Hilton Phoenix Chandler this time, it is ~0.6miles from the Fashion Center, would this be walkable (not in midday heat perhaps but later of an evening?) Does anyone have experiences of this hotel? The pool area looks great and they also have a bar and a restaurant, whereas the Hampton was quite literally in the middle of nowhere and had no such facilities. My initial thought is that the Hilton is probably well worth the 40,000 extra points for 5 nights?

Also planning to stay a couple of nights up at the Doubletree Flagstaff, anyone stayed there recently?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Update on the Hilton Phoenix Airport:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27035938-post103.html
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Planning a long weekend trip to phoenix in february with our 2 year old. Came to the conclusion that Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort would be a good one as an award stay. I have enough points/free nights to stay at boulders or biltmore but am I correct in saying that you don't get enough for your points at those locations?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Planning a long weekend trip to phoenix in february with our 2 year old. Came to the conclusion that Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort would be a good one as an award stay. I have enough points/free nights to stay at boulders or biltmore but am I correct in saying that you don't get enough for your points at those locations?
Each one of those hotels are located in completely different part of the city, what are you looking to do?

If you want to more centrally located Biltmore or Squaw Peak would be good choices, the Boulders is way in north Scottsdale.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Each one of those hotels are located in completely different part of the city, what are you looking to do?

If you want to more centrally located Biltmore or Squaw Peak would be good choices, the Boulders is way in north Scottsdale.
just relax by the pool and enjoy warm weather and good food. I don't golf.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
just relax by the pool and enjoy warm weather and good food. I don't golf.
The Biltmore would a good location to allow wife to go shopping great dinning options there too.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Any suggestions for Hilton resorts in Phoenix?

Haven't been to Phoenix in a long time but Hilton used to have some nice resorts there. Has anyone been there lately and could recommend one of them?
Thank you very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.