Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Matching To Other Hotel Chains From Hilton Honors Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Matching To Other Hotel Chains From Hilton Honors Status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:57 am

Which FAX number to use for Status Matching?

William,

Which Fax Number should I use to gain Starwood Platinum status:

(512) 836-4002
OR
(512) 997-9046

The rep gave me the first number, but I've only been seeing the other number on these threads as the correct fax number.

Please advise, thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:31 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by rhuie15
William,

Which Fax Number should I use to gain Starwood Platinum status:

(512) 836-4002
OR
(512) 997-9046

The rep gave me the first number, but I've only been seeing the other number on these threads as the correct fax number.

Please advise, thanks!

william is in the starwood forum - try asking this question over there - actually there is a sticky at the top of the starwood forum that tells you what and where to send the info too
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Status Match to SPG (Platinum) and HYATT(Diamond)

I saw the one thread on the FAQ about Status Match but it seemed "themed" of people trying to get into HHonors, so I apologize if this should be there as well, this is for using HHnonos to get status match elsewhere

I have been a HHonors Diamond member for a few years and when I saw the above mention thread, I contacted SPG and Hyatt to request Status Match.

After faxing my account summary and copy of my HHonor cards, I was awarded status matches to SPG Platinum and Hyatt Diamond to 2/2010 in both instances.

Thank you to this forum and figure others have done this or can do this based on my experience
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
There is a master status match thread over in Travel Buzz.

Hopefully you plan to use your comped status as most companies only do the matching one time.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Status Matching at other Brands

I stay in the Canary Wharf area quite frequently and have finally reached the end of the line with the Hilton London Docklands. Their reconition of diamond status is patchy at best ... the last straw was last night I was rewarded with an 'upgrade' to a room next to a very noisy water pump!

Will any other chains match my diamond status with their equivalent should I join their reward programs? Brands I'm thinking of are Crowne Plaza, Raddison or Marriott.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Hyatt matches HH diamond to Hyatt GPP diamond. Check out the hyatt board for details.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:37 am
Community Director Emerita

Starwood matches Hilton diamond.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: Yes please
Radisson (or whatever they are calling themselves this week) have just status-matched me.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
IHG/Priority Club (ie Crowne Plaza brand you mentioned) matched me to Platinum - very fast at doing so.

Marriott were hopeless - confused, slow etc. And they don't match 'status', rather they take the stays you had with HH and match the STAYS to their program - so you may be Diamond in HH (like me) but if your stay activity is lower than what is required for Marriott tiers then you will not get matched. I only got a Marriott silver (only benefit = more points). I qualified for HH Diamond on base points, but Marriott only look at stays it seems. YMMV!

Last edited by msnz; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:12 am Reason: Added Marriott info
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:30 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Marriott doesn't normally do status matches. Instead, you would probably be offered a Challenge most likely to Gold (mid-tier level, 15 nights in 90 days) but Plat Challanges (18 nights in 90 days) aren't completely unheard of.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've received Hyatt Diamond from Hilton Diamond... haven't tried SPG, don't want to waste that one yet... Marriott gave me nothing, not even matching my nights... though Marriott did give me gold just for signing up for an Air France Flying Blue account.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
I've stayed at the Canary Wharf Marriott several times. If staying long-term, they have Executive Apartments, not too different in price than normal rooms and they have kitchenettes. Still a very nicely furnished room, mine was 2 rooms, but imagine they have a studio singel room option as well for a better price. Complimentary do-yourself laundry faciliteis too.

Be wary though, you do not accrue marriott rewards night points at Executive apartments, but do earn the miles per dollar spent. I sent a letter however with the complaint (as I was unaware and not getting the night credits made me miss platinum status by that number of nights, and I stayed there in December!) they kindly granted me Platinum for the next year anyway for asking.

For long-term, it's perfect, and adjacent to the DLR to get easy access to tube and other rail servies.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by msnz
IHG/Priority Club (ie Crowne Plaza brand you mentioned) matched me to Platinum - very fast at doing so.

Marriott were hopeless - confused, slow etc. And they don't match 'status', rather they take the stays you had with HH and match the STAYS to their program - so you may be Diamond in HH (like me) but if your stay activity is lower than what is required for Marriott tiers then you will not get matched. I only got a Marriott silver (only benefit = more points). I qualified for HH Diamond on base points, but Marriott only look at stays it seems. YMMV!
My experience as well - PC matched me to plat. Hence, when I finish requalifying for diamond each year I flock to Priority. It's Marriot's loss in my eyes, they told me "no". So I don't stay with them anymore.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Marriott is a bear to make Plat and with the loss of club bennies on weekends it really is not worth much anymore. Mariott Plat never guaranteed breakfast, it was just provided in the club if there was one.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:07 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kanerf
Mariott Plat never guaranteed breakfast, it was just provided in the club if there was one.
This is not true. Gold and Plats are guaranteed breakfast at FS hotels (except Resorts) M-Fs. If a hotel does not have a lounge, then the hotel will provide a Heathly Start breakfast in their restaurant.

Also, most every non-FS Marriott provides 7 days a week free breakfast to everyone who stays there. (Courtyards being the exception.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.