Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park {US-NC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park {US-NC}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park {US-NC}

I am looking for a hotel review on this Hilton Hotel. I am traveling to RTP in the near future and am considering this hotel.
Old May 11, 2005, 6:53 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
It is a Holiday Inn that has been recently refurbished and rebranded as a Hilton.
Old May 11, 2005, 7:39 am
Original Poster

review

Originally Posted by planeluvr
It is a Holiday Inn that has been recently refurbished and rebranded as a Hilton.

Well, thats depressing. I'll be staying there for 5 days for work. :-( Thanks for the review.
Old May 11, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice property. Maybe you can swap over to there?
Old May 11, 2005, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Ambassador
The Doubletree is nice.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:00 pm

I stayed at the Double Tree and it was very nice... Good breakfast in the AM, nice gym and it has a real nice walking/running track around a small lake in the back.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Wasn't Impressed

It wasn't impressive. Last time I was there (March) they were remodeling, so It may be better now.

However.. there's a nice new Homewood Suites that's walking distance from the Hilton and it was excellent.

The Doubletree is pretty good also.
Old May 11, 2005, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
The Homewood is my choice.. It's great. I've stayed in the Hilton when it was a Holiday Inn and was less than impressed.
Old May 11, 2005, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
I vote for the Homewood too. I got a nice corner room, and it was large. Breakfast was disappointing. They had the little hockey puck eggs.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

DoubleTree in RTP

I just booked my room at the DoubleTree in Rearch Triangle Park. Being a gold member will they automaticly upgrade me or do I ask when I arrive? Also, does anyone know what their upgrades are like? Has anyone stayed there? Reviews are welcomed.
Old May 18, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by crims0ntidefb
I just booked my room at the DoubleTree in Rearch Triangle Park. Being a gold member will they automaticly upgrade me or do I ask when I arrive? Also, does anyone know what their upgrades are like? Has anyone stayed there? Reviews are welcomed.
Nothing to upgrade you to.. it's an all suites hotel.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Time to bump a thread last updated when I graduated from college.

Pro's--service

Con's--everything else.

This place is a dump. I stayed on an el cheapy rate and I was upgraded to a 1bdrm suite. The suite was plenty large, but very beat up, stained carpet, dated furniture, the works. The stand alone shower was something out of a high school gym in styling. There was no water pressure to speak of and the head was coming off the wall. I think I was cleaner going into the shower than coming out.

The hotel is remodeling but they should have started it years ago. Everything is beat up, fixtures, walls, carpet, and furniture. I would be ashamed to work here and the owner is negligent for letting it get as bad as it is. The common areas were trashed. It was disgusting.

For golds/diamonds they have the standard full Hilton breakfast. However, eat at your own risk. The hash browns were quite possibly the worst I ever had. I was left wishing for the hash browns from the 3am Jacksonville waffle house. Everything else was meh at best, except for the muffins those were tasty. Beyond that eat at your own risk.

Service was amazing as everyone was nice and eager to help. It sort of made up for the lack of everything else, but not really.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Mrs. dwcatty and I stay at this property a couple of times a year on trips to Raleigh and like it. It has been in need of an update for awhile, but I would never have called it a dump. It was sold about six months ago and when the renovations are complete (February, 2013, we were told this past weekend), it will be rebranded as a Doubletree.

We, too, were upgraded to a suite on our recent stay. We were on the first floor, which has been renovated. There was new carpet, new furniture and we had no issues at all. We would recommend this property.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
interesting, had no idea.
Originally Posted by dwcatty
...and when the renovations are complete (February, 2013, we were told this past weekend), it will be rebranded as a Doubletree.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
Originally Posted by colpuck
Time to bump a thread last updated when I graduated from college.

Pro's--service

Con's--everything else.
+1
I just completed two night stay. I experienced noise issue since they do the construction work in the night. They worked until 9:20 pm last night. I think this trend will go on until Feb, 2013. By the way, I got an impression that the renovation will not finished on time after talking with the staff. This is slow season for the hotel so staffs are just playing around a lot. I was waiting in the breakfast area for good three minutes today while two staffs are just watching TV. I even say hello to them. I seated by myself. I agree with that hash potatoes were not good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.