Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by BabyKuma
Thank you for that info. I'm sure they will impose that fee since I received an email from the hotel that our Points Stay only covers 2 people and that the extra rollaway bed is ~7000yen (plus tax).
Are you a Diamond (or Gold?) If so, it's disappointing to hear that they would want to charge you for the rollaway. I requested a rollaway and, even though I ended up not being able to get it due to lack of availability, they never mentioned to me anything about a fee. Maybe they would've charged me a fee, had they provided me with one? I'm Diamond btw.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Are you a Diamond (or Gold?) If so, it's disappointing to hear that they would want to charge you for the rollaway. I requested a rollaway and, even though I ended up not being able to get it due to lack of availability, they never mentioned to me anything about a fee. Maybe they would've charged me a fee, had they provided me with one? I'm Diamond btw.
I’m diamond and booked for 3 on my points stay. I’m still happy that the Diamond benefits will cover 2 of us I’m okay to pay the extra for the lounge access and thanks to you, I know how much it’ll be so I’m not surprised I’m also glad I had the option of declining the rollaway. 7000 yen is a lot (for me) and it takes up valuable space in the room
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
A couple years ago as a Gold, I requested an extra bed several months in advance. Was told it would be 7000 yen a night, which I agreed to. When I arrived, I was told they had no beds available due to high demand, even though I asked for mine several months later. Wrote an unflattering message to Hilton on social media. A few hours later, I got a call that they had "found" another bed, and that it would be provided without cost.

I have had no problems securing a complimentary bed for my stays since.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
So I'm planning to stay here early May at the end of 2 week Tokyo-Osaka trip, just before flying back to SIN.

I was wondering would it be possible for me to send stuff using ta-q-bin to the hotel during those 2 week trip and collect them on the hotel when I checked-in?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sandyph
So I'm planning to stay here early May at the end of 2 week Tokyo-Osaka trip, just before flying back to SIN.

I was wondering would it be possible for me to send stuff using ta-q-bin to the hotel during those 2 week trip and collect them on the hotel when I checked-in?
Definitely. I would just make the hotel aware and they'll have them gathered for you.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Definitely. I would just make the hotel aware and they'll have them gathered for you.
ok great, I assume its ok to email them 3 weeks before stay (1 week before arriving in Japan) ?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sandyph

In my experience it isn't even necessary to alert the hotel - just include your reservation number on the taqbin slip and that would be sufficient. Most of the time the hotel would leave it at the concierge, but I've had quite a few experiences of the luggage having already been sent to my room when I arrived.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by elleana
In my experience it isn't even necessary to alert the hotel - just include your reservation number on the taqbin slip and that would be sufficient. Most of the time the hotel would leave it at the concierge, but I've had quite a few experiences of the luggage having already been sent to my room when I arrived.
Same. Every hotel, every time, in Japan. Probably done this about 10 times over the last 2 years.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:52 pm

even better, thanks elleana & Cynicor for the input
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Thinking of booking a points stay here in July. I need two rooms as there will be four of us (spouse & two kids). My question is will Diamond benefits (i.e. lounge access) be extended to all four of us or just the two in my room?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:16 am

Superb stay two weeks ago. Had a lovely King Bay Corner Suite that we got on the recent 50% off deal. Coupled with a 4th night free on the Citi Prestige, this was all of about $300 a night including breakfast. Great deal.

The Conrad continues to blow me away. The room was in perfect shape, their rain shower is the most powerful we have found in a hotel in Tokyo and their concierge is still the best of any hotel in Tokyo (tied with the Okura) - very quick responses and getting us into most every place we wanted. We really push our concierges hard with very difficult requests and the Conrad came through with flying colors.

We also split our stay with the Aman and I have to say I prefer the service and calmness of the Conrad.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by loofa133
Superb stay two weeks ago. Had a lovely King Bay Corner Suite that we got on the recent 50% off deal. Coupled with a 4th night free on the Citi Prestige, this was all of about $300 a night including breakfast. Great deal.

The Conrad continues to blow me away. The room was in perfect shape, their rain shower is the most powerful we have found in a hotel in Tokyo and their concierge is still the best of any hotel in Tokyo (tied with the Okura) - very quick responses and getting us into most every place we wanted. We really push our concierges hard with very difficult requests and the Conrad came through with flying colors.

We also split our stay with the Aman and I have to say I prefer the service and calmness of the Conrad.
I love this hotel and will be staying there a couple of times in July. But I would put up the shower pressure at the Tokyo Ritz up against any hotel. Damn near knocks you over.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:52 am

i booked the twin city room on points for an upcoming stay. It will be with 2 adults and 2 small children (Ages 7 and 5). The reservation would only let me book that room with 2 adults and 1 children. The reservation systems says kids can stay free in existing bedding. We are planning on having on having the two children stay in the same bed; do you think I need to email the hotel ahead of time?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:21 pm

What's (or was) the 50% off deal?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:34 pm

Probably a flash sale I would say. I booked at 50% off during a prev flash sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.