Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Nyurka
Yes, i booked an AXON reward today for a hotel that is a cat 7 and is 60K per night regular redemption. I booked it for 145K for 4 nights, got a certificate and a reservation confirmation.
So when we used and AXON in the past, the confirmation showed the regular point total instead of the AXON total. Did your new confirmation show 240k pts?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Good to hear it's still alive up to Cat 7. ^

Would be nice to see them issue new AXON's for 8, 9, and 10. But even the 145k for a Cat 7 can still be quite useful.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinniped
Good to hear it's still alive up to Cat 7. ^

Would be nice to see them issue new AXON's for 8, 9, and 10. But even the 145k for a Cat 7 can still be quite useful.
Likely they will and the delay is due to their discussing the point value due under the new scheme. After all, we have evidence of AXON's survival and anecdotes that the Citi credit card certs are good for all the new categories despite their current reading capping them at Cat 7. Therefore, it stands to reason that there should be AXON rewards for these new categories to cover the hotels in these new slots.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Mar 29, 2013 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Has anyone had the nerve to ask for a 5th night free with an AXON award?
My understanding is you get EITHER 5th night free at regular level OR AXON.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
So when we used and AXON in the past, the confirmation showed the regular point total instead of the AXON total. Did your new confirmation show 240k pts?
Yes, confirmation shows 240K points, but only 145K was deducted. In the past, this would have been 170K points on the confirm with 145K deducted.

This means Amex has to compensate Hilton Honors some equivalent for 95K for my stay, when in the past it was only 25K. I am curious what the new AXON deal would be, but it makes sense to book some now for cat 6 &7.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:48 am

I am curious if anybody tried to booked AXON for categories 8-10 over the phone. I am asking because the certs that come with Citi Reserve card work even though they say Cat 1-7, but there are folks on this board who booked cat 9 with them. AXON issues certs that say the same thing (cat 1-7).

If I have time, i might dial the diamond desk again and attempt a booking just to hear what they have to say....
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/03/poss...n-axon-awards/
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I saw that post earlier this morning, but it does not bring any new information not found already in this thread.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Nyurka
I am curious if anybody tried to booked AXON for categories 8-10 over the phone.....
Like there is someone here with 145K points left?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Well, I released a prior reservation to book after devaluation as the point value became better and saved 25K points. I would be willing to do this again, it was a bit of a rush to figure out vacation plans a year ahead and I am not sure I picked the best spots....
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
I book back to back Axon 7's for my March spring training trip every year, as long as my hotel stays 290K for 8 nights I'm not leaving HH. Why would I nothing has changed and I can churn the 50K/$1000 Visa card over and over to get the points. My $20K amex spend keeps me at Gold which gets me free breakfast and always an upgrade ( I give the manager a $100 gift car every year) which is worth about $500 for the 8 days.

For a guy like me who can' tell you the last time I paid for a hotel room HH is far and away the best deal going

This year I did change from he norm and booked one Axon and 3 nights at the Marriott ( go the 70K card and a business card to end up with 90k points) so I will mix it up from time to time but no other program is as good for me as HH
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I book back to back Axon 7's for my March spring training trip every year, as long as my hotel stays 290K for 8 nights I'm not leaving HH. Why would I nothing has changed and I can churn the 50K/$1000 Visa card over and over to get the points. My $20K amex spend keeps me at Gold which gets me free breakfast and always an upgrade ( I give the manager a $100 gift car every year) which is worth about $500 for the 8 days.

For a guy like me who can' tell you the last time I paid for a hotel room HH is far and away the best deal going

This year I did change from he norm and booked one Axon and 3 nights at the Marriott ( go the 70K card and a business card to end up with 90k points) so I will mix it up from time to time but no other program is as good for me as HH
It's not the credit cards that killed HHonors per se, it is the ability to churn them that has.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
It's not the credit cards that killed HHonors per se, it is the ability to churn them that has.
I've never done this with HHonors but do you really think so? They make money selling points. Where would they be without those sales? It's not like a hotel can sell out via point redemptions.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
I've never done this with HHonors but do you really think so? They make money selling points. Where would they be without those sales? It's not like a hotel can sell out via point redemptions.
I am of the belief that the recent devaluation of the top tier hotels is due to the endless churning of the credit cards, for the most part. Make no mistake, Hilton is to blame as Marriott does not let Chase provide an endless supply of bonus points for each sign up -- it is limited to the initial sign up and then that is it. If one re-ups for the card, there is not another sign up bonus.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So the AXON will continue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.