Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 22, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
To each his or her own, but I usually find myself time-rich and cash-poor, so I'd gladly walk 20 minutes a couple times to save 200 bucks.
The problem is you have to cross Times Square to get to the Theatre District from the east side. There are few things I would less like to do in NYC than cross Times Square. New Yorkers will go half a dozen blocks out of their way to avoid doing that.

Originally Posted by Dan72
I'm not so sure I'd want to spend four days so close to Times Sq.
That's a different issue. OP asked about hotels close to the Theatre District. And you could just as easily call the TS Central location "Bryant Square Park" but Hilton calls it "Times Square" because that probably sells better to tourists who don't know any better.

One of the reasons I would look carefully at HGI Central Park South-Midtown West over any of the properties on OP's list is that it's above TS and you don't have to walk through TS to get to the theatre district.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:33 am
mmo

Thanks guys! I've decided to stay at HGI Times Square central. We are there mainly for theater and with weather being unpredictable its probably the best choice. I had a nice stay at the HGI Central Park a couple of years ago. It was a good stay and we were right across the street from Studio 54 where Cabaret was playing). Thanks again!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:04 am

Just an observation: making a Manhattan reservation has become a minefield of potential hazards in the fine print. Rates that fluctuate wildly, day-to-day; prepayment requirements; 90-day cancellation periods (?!)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:17 pm

I'm interested in booking rooms at the Conrad NY for Apr 23-26 and am wondering what's the strategy for getting the best rate. Is the HHonors Discount rate on their website the best I can do? Total for the 3 nights is around $1500. I have gold status via AmEx Plat and am thinking of booking the lowest rate and hoping for an upgrade to at least a Hudson River view. Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by joscofra
I'm interested in booking rooms at the Conrad NY
I can't help but ask...why???
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:45 pm

Isn't it a good hotel? I'm looking for a really nice hotel in that neighborhood. Doesn't have to be Hilton, but I've got gold status with them. Also have gold with SPG. Is there another place you would recommend? It's for family coming into town and it's 2 blocks from my work.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Isn't it a good hotel? I'm looking for a really nice hotel in that neighborhood. Doesn't have to be Hilton, but I've got gold status with them. Also have gold with SPG. Is there another place you would recommend? It's for family coming into town and it's 2 blocks from my work.
Have you looked at the doubletree financial district or the Millennium Hilton? I just ordered the doubletree for March for $104 including taxes. And, since I did a price match, I get a $50 gift card, which means I got a hilton in Manhattan for around $50. BANGARANG.

But seriously check out the Millennium Hilton... 55 stories tall. Drool.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm interested in booking rooms at the Conrad NY for Apr 23-26 and am wondering what's the strategy for getting the best rate. Is the HHonors Discount rate on their website the best I can do? Total for the 3 nights is around $1500. I have gold status via AmEx Plat and am thinking of booking the lowest rate and hoping for an upgrade to at least a Hudson River view. Thanks.
If you must stay at that hotel and your company doesn't have a private corporate rate, then that is the best rate for those nights. I would find another equally nice hotel, like the Hilton Millennium, if you insist on a downtown location. Or even the W Downtown if you are willing to visit a different chain hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:59 pm

thanks for all the responses. The Millenium might be an option, but reading reviews and looking at the rankings on tripadvisor I don't understand why there isn't more enthusiasm for the Conrad. It seems like it's significantly above the other options in the neighborhood. Is it because it's very expensive? Or are there other problems? The trip is for a special occasion so I'm looking for a place where there really wouldn't be any disappointments.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
thanks for all the responses. The Millenium might be an option, but reading reviews and looking at the rankings on tripadvisor I don't understand why there isn't more enthusiasm for the Conrad. It seems like it's significantly above the other options in the neighborhood. Is it because it's very expensive? Or are there other problems? The trip is for a special occasion so I'm looking for a place where there really wouldn't be any disappointments.
I've stayed at both. Conrad is great and all suite but no way would I pay $500/night to stay there if the Millenium is less.

Millenium is more convenient to public transportation, there is a subway stop in front of it and another a block away.

The views from high floors will blow away the river views at the Conrad, especially the king corner rooms.

We usually book the Millenium with the MVP rate.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:45 am

thanks for all the responses. The Millenium might be an option, but reading reviews and looking at the rankings on tripadvisor I don't understand why there isn't more enthusiasm for the Conrad. It seems like it's significantly above the other options in the neighborhood. Is it because it's very expensive? Or are there other problems?
The main thing at least speaking for myself is that many of us have been spoiled by the Conrad brand standard, especially internationally. Then there is this property - no lounge, poor breakfast benefit, and while the hard product isn't bad, it's still a converted ES, not exactly something you're gonna tell the grandkids about one day.

The trip is for a special occasion so I'm looking for a place where there really wouldn't be any disappointments.
There is NO blow-them-away amazing hhonors property in NYC, unfortunately. We don't know the standard of luxury that you're looking for, but if you really want to go upscale (true 5-star), you'll probably have to go outside the brand...and pay for it. The best you will do within the hhonors portfolio, I agree with others, is probably the Millenium.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:15 am

Excellent. Thank you for the info. The only Conrad I've stayed at was in Hong Kong which was great, but more business-y than I like. But this isn't for me - I'm treating family who know NY a bit but don't come often.

It's not necessarily luxury I'm looking for, but a special experience. Great views would certainly be part of that, as would great service where one feels well-treated and taken care of without anything over-the-top that could make someone less used to pampering feel uncomfortable. And a spacious room, suite preferably, if they want to hang out there longer. I was tempted by the location of the Conrad because I love the gardens of Battery Park City by the Hudson and the immediate surrounding of the Millenium are more hectic. Family members are in their 80s so I was a little worried about that, but maybe not a problem.

If I get the Citi HHonors Reserve card which gives 2 free weekend nights, is the consensus still the Millenium? If so, then I'll book that.

Last edited by joscofra; Feb 7, 2016 at 9:21 am
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The Conrad is my goto hotel in New York, but $500/night is towards the upper end of their typical rates. While I have not stayed at the Hilton Millenium, based on all I have heard unless the rate differential is more than at least $100 less, you should go to the Conrad. I personally don't know anyone who prefers the Millenium to the Conrad and I personally would require a price differential of at least $150 to go with the Millenium.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
One other comment is that as a gold you are unlikely to get an upgrade if the rates are at the level you are quoting. This is a hotel with a decent percentage of Diamonds and Golds. The higher rates tend to be when the hotel is at higher occupancy, often during the week. There are limited riverview suites as that designation only applies to a few on each floor as only a third of the building can see through the space between two buildings and the Hudson. Also, if you are staying during the week, please note that 35-40% of occupancy during the week is Goldman Sachs which owns the hotel and whose headquarter is right across the back entrance so competition is quite intense for any sort of upgrade (it is also why its very much a business hotel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.