Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Do you have any idea of what you want to see while in New York?

If you will be spending any time at all downtown, there is no reason not to book the Conrad IMO. I know people are saying that it is "far" from tourist destinations, but nothing is that far in New York, plus the Conrad puts you in walking distance to Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, World Trade Center, 9/11 Museum, Tribeca, good eating/drinking at Brookfield/Westfield, etc. Plus it is simply a nicer hotel, and usually cheaper, than the Hilton Midtown or Hilton Times Square. If you must be in Midtown, try the Hilton Midtown or Hilton Times Square as the DoubleTree may be closed or under heavy renovation. The Waldorf is closed for several years, so that is not an option. The various Hilton Garden Inn hotels are also options.
I don't know everything we want to do, but Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island and WTC are definitely on the list. I am sure we will end up in Times Square and Central Park at some point. There was also talk of trying to catch a Mets or Yankees game. We would only have three days. I figure at least one of them will be spent downtown.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Since you're using points or certs, that may guide your decision. The normal HGIs and Doubletrees are 70K, the upscale hotels like the Hiltons and Conrad are 80K, and the London is 95K. If you are on a budget, you can stay in Queens (Long Island City) around 50K, but things will be even further - but still just a subway ride away. Also, if your main focus is downtown, then stay downtown. If it's only one day of the three is downtown, then maybe midtown is better.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
If you are not using points or certificates and the week you are visiting NYC happens to be one where rates are high, sometimes the Hilton Brooklyn is substantially less and its a nice little Hilton with decent places to eat around and right by subway for easy quick access into the city.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Miesque
If you are not using points or certificates and the week you are visiting NYC happens to be one where rates are high, sometimes the Hilton Brooklyn is substantially less and its a nice little Hilton with decent places to eat around and right by subway for easy quick access into the city.
Thanks. I will check it out if the more expensive options don't work out.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
Best NYC Hotel for Family of 4

Hi
Looking for some guidance. Have an upcoming family trip to NY. I travel regularly to NY but always for business, so this will be different trip for me. My go to hotel since it joined Hilton is the London NYC on W 54th. I like the space you get and that general are but prefer to be off times sq. No standard rewards at the London for a room type that would suit us.

From reading other posts, the best family suggestions seem to be:
  • Doubletree Suites (Times Sq) - no rewards availability for my dates
  • Conrad down at Battery Park - available but may be out of the way for us. Should I consider it?
I'm currently looking at a standard 2xQueen room at the Hilton Midtown. Good location but doesn't really inspire me! Any other suggestions? Wife & I are both HH Gold but not expecting much other than breakfast out of that.
TIA
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Since you're a Hyatt Diamond, consider the Hyatt House Chelsea. Hilton also has a few properties in that area (HGI, DoubleTree, Hilton). Good connections via subway to the rest of NYC and not as hectic as Times Square.
caj2310 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:36 am

Depending on which neighborhoods you're most interested in and your budget, you can try the Chelsea Savoy, 204 W 23rd Street, New York, NY 10011. It's not fancy or expensive but in a high-end neighborhood with a Whole Foods a block away.

You can also try The Empire Hotel at 44 W 63rd St, New York, NY 10023. Here's a mini-review I found on the hotel (bottom of page) that includes free things to do close by. I can't post urls yet. The review is at Free Time Journal and the review is Catch a Free Show in New York

I stayed at both. Just different parts of the city.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
Thanks both. I am trying to burn some HH points to keep costs down. As such, would prefer a Hilton Family hotel this time. Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:33 am

There are really no "inspirational" Hilton-owned properties in NYC. If I were you I would book on location, bed type (two queens), and cost (in points).
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
The Doubletree TS is being torn down at the end of this month so scratch that one off your list.

See the last few posts of this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...-us-ny-18.html and in paricular,
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30558564-post719.html
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01
Thanks both. I am trying to burn some HH points to keep costs down. As such, would prefer a Hilton Family hotel this time. Thanks
I haven't stayed in a Hilton family hotel in NYC so I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Hey chrisjohnston01, we had a very similar discussion on this topic in the NY thread, starting on November 16:

We debated midtown vs downtown, DT/Hilton vs Conrad, and so on. My advice there, and here, is to stay in Midtown to be in easy walking distance of many things, and take a trip or two downtown to see WTC, Wall Street, 9/11 Memorial. The closest thing to inspirational would be the Conrad, however.
caj2310 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:54 pm

The Millenium Hilton Downtown might be worth taking a look. It is next to the Westfield WTC mall and is within a walking distance to the most subway trains.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in NYC

Forgive me if this thread already exists, but I could not find it. Anyway I am booked at the New York Hilton Midtown mainly because it has an executive lounge and that’s what I care most about. But does anybody have any experience with the other properties in Manhattan and their executive lounges? What’s the best one?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:00 am

LOL, yes, other people have been to NYC, and yes this thread exists - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}
NWplatinum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.