Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:30 pm

The $1500 I mentioned for the 3 nights includes all the taxes for the Hudson view. If I compare the HHonors Discount daily rate for the lowest room rate before taxes the Conrad is $386 and the Millenium is $323. So it's not a huge difference. My nights are Sat, Sun and Mon, so maybe the last night will make the upgrade more difficult. Getting a great suite is important so maybe I need to book it directly and not risk not getting the upgrade. Also even if I use free certs from the Citi Reserve card I can't guarantee the better view room, can I?

Edit: Comparing Conrad Hudson view ($431) with Millenium King Jr Ste city view ($345) is more accurate.

Also I could transfer MR points to Virgin to HHonors and do points+cash, right? I don't see the option online though...

Last edited by joscofra; Feb 7, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by joscofra

Edit: Comparing Conrad Hudson view ($431) with Millenium King Jr Ste city view ($345) is more accurate.
The Conrad Hudson view is the slice you see between two buildings.

Millenium Jr. Suite on a high floor will give you views that will include the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building depending on which end of the hall the suite is on.

As I recall the Millenium Suite has windows in the bedroom and living area, where the Conrad river view only had a window in the bedroom.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise

As I recall the Millenium Suite has windows in the bedroom and living area, where the Conrad river view only had a window in the bedroom.

There is only one window and its in the bedroom (its not even the full width of the room or floor to ceiling windows). I would never recommend the place solely for the view and I love staying here (in fact I only pay the extra for the room when rates are really cheap). The hotel is also not very tall for Manhattan standards (top room floor is 15). In the hotel's defense, river or any other sort of "view" is a phrase that is much abused in New York real estate. If a view is important a high floor at the Millenium will definitely give you a lot more, but the Conrad has more of the nicer touches (robes, slippers, nespresso machine, rainfall shower, proper stemware in the room with a corkscrew).

I am actually thinking of taking the Millenium for a spin this 4th of July just to check out the City View Junior Suite specifically because it has views which is the one thing that is limited at the Conrad.

Last edited by Miesque; Feb 9, 2016 at 7:32 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There is NO blow-them-away amazing hhonors property in NYC, unfortunately.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by joscofra
It's not necessarily luxury I'm looking for, but a special experience. Great views would certainly be part of that, as would great service where one feels well-treated and taken care of without anything over-the-top that could make someone less used to pampering feel uncomfortable. And a spacious room, suite preferably, if they want to hang out there longer.
You're going to have to go outside Hilton for a "special" NYC experience.

Originally Posted by Miesque
There is only one window and its in the bedroom (its not even the full width of the room or floor to ceiling windows). I would never recommend the place solely for the view and I love staying here (in fact I only pay the extra for the room when rates are really cheap).
I like the view if you can get a room on the southwest (i.e, downtown riverside) corner, but agree it is nothing spectacular. More peaceful, really. Pretty nice at sunset and early morning when things are quiet.

I will add that the one time I paid $500+ per night at this property it was during one of those really generous HHonors promotions, and I scored over 60K points on a three night stay. That eased the pain of overpaying for the room somewhat
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Well, I am at the Hilton Times Square and while not overwhelmed, I am pleased.

Booked a bog standard King and was upgraded to a Dbl Queen on the 43th floor. (Hotel has 44 floors.)

The views are pretty decent over Times Square and beyond.

The room is not a three week old renovation, but it is fresh and spotless. New flatscreen and the windows are clean :-)

So far friendly staff and no complaints aside from the fact that it is 27F here and was 72F at home.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I have stayed at the Times Hilton and the Millenium. Millenium wins hands down. We had a Jr. suite overlooking the WTC. Subway literally out the door. Flag which was flying and damaged on 9/11 hangs in the lobby. To me, it was all very moving. Some front desk people were great (Louis was the best). Some not so good. Gold breakfast was the buffet in the cafe. Good experience overall.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Well, I am at the Hilton Times Square and while not overwhelmed, I am pleased.

Booked a bog standard King and was upgraded to a Dbl Queen on the 43th floor. (Hotel has 44 floors.)

The views are pretty decent over Times Square and beyond.

The room is not a three week old renovation, but it is fresh and spotless. New flatscreen and the windows are clean :-)

So far friendly staff and no complaints aside from the fact that it is 27F here and was 72F at home.
What would overwhelm you then?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
A suite and a decent lounge, probably? I take it you haven't spent much time at non-US hhonors properties.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I take it you haven't spent much time at non-US hhonors properties.
Or a true top-tier NYC property. Try Four Seasons, the Peninsula, etc. Or if you want to stay downtown, a Premier Suite at Trump SoHo
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I think Hilton Times Square is the best of the Midtown Hilton properties and the room size for Midtown is very good. I have always had a great stay and I am not keen on Times Square. Downtown is a different environment, and I prefer it, especially over at Battery Park City which is where the Conrad is located.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Well, I am spoiled, as I am often in Canada and my go to hotels are all Fairmonts. Hilton's footprint in Canada is weak. I've also been to some of best Fairmonts in NA, as well as some of the best hotels in Europe. You can see some of my reviews in the Fairmont forum where I am very active.

I've not stayed in all the NYC Hilton or Waldorf properties, but it has equaled or exceeded my expectations. I have a nice room on the 43rd floor and it has very nice views, it's quiet, everything works as expected and the staff is very competent and friendly. The concierge is really knows her stuff. I know Manhattan really well and her recommendations were spot on.

No disappointments at all and as it is Toyfair week, expecting a lavish upgrade is not in the cards.

We have an office which is an $8.00 cab ride away also makes it practical.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by FC flyer
I have stayed at the Times Hilton and the Millenium. Millenium wins hands down. We had a Jr. suite overlooking the WTC. Subway literally out the door. Flag which was flying and damaged on 9/11 hangs in the lobby. To me, it was all very moving. Some front desk people were great (Louis was the best). Some not so good. Gold breakfast was the buffet in the cafe. Good experience overall.
I stayed at the Millenium about two years ago and it was a great experience I will agree, but a Wall Street location did not work for this stay.

I do appreciate its recognition of history which in that area is only correct and appropriate.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, BA Amex, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec
Hi I have diamond status in Hilton (various others other with Amex Platinum) and have 2 nights in NY. I was thinking of going mad and staying at the Peninulsa but figured I wold proabably be better using one of the hotels I have status with. Somewhere around 55th Strret/Central. What would people recommend Waldorf Astoria, Towers of Waaldorf (are they comparable), somewhere else?
Am I likely to get an upgrade with Diamond (staying on a Friday and Saturday night). Would be good to have access to a lounge as travelling on own so somewhere to chill ane city watch would be good.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Chewbacca
Hi I have diamond status in Hilton (various others other with Amex Platinum) and have 2 nights in NY. I was thinking of going mad and staying at the Peninulsa but figured I wold proabably be better using one of the hotels I have status with. Somewhere around 55th Strret/Central. What would people recommend Waldorf Astoria, Towers of Waaldorf (are they comparable), somewhere else?
Am I likely to get an upgrade with Diamond (staying on a Friday and Saturday night). Would be good to have access to a lounge as travelling on own so somewhere to chill ane city watch would be good.
Unless, something has changed recently none of the NYC Hilton family properties have a lounge.

Read back in this thread a few pages and you will find quite a bit of discussion of possible midtown properties. There are also individual hotel threads for the properties you are considering.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Unless, something has changed recently none of the NYC Hilton family properties have a lounge.

Read back in this thread a few pages and you will find quite a bit of discussion of possible midtown properties. There are also individual hotel threads for the properties you are considering.
The Midtown Hilton has a lounge. But there are better Hilton properties in NYC without lounges I'd rather stay at. I'd rather have the hot breakfast buffet at the Times Square Hilton or the hot breakfast at the Fashion District Hilton (if you can get it) over the lounge at the Midtown Hilton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.