Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Doha West Bay {QAT}

Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for what has to be one of the longest-delayed Waldorf Astoria projects of all time, Waldorf Astoria Doha West Bay. This hotel was announced in 2013 for a planned 2016 opening, and has continued to slip and slip and slip despite the building topping out and undergoing a series of design tweaks. After all its delays, it seems the owners are going to miss the World Cup rush completely and plan to open this property in July 2023.

Hotel website is now live at the attached link.

khabah
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:41 pm

Considering booking this hotel for my honeymoon trip end of January 2024. About 2400QAR for 3 nights. Thoughts?

It seems cheap although recently burned by the new Melia Paradisus in Gran Canaria and ended up having to cancel due to non opening. Would hate the same, is it worth doing a back up or will Hilton cover me?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:30 am

Waldorf Astoria Doha West Bay

New property due to open In October have just booked a nights stay there in November.

It has a lounge and hoping for some nice diamond amenities 🤞

Any inside info floating around about facilities I can't find out much online.

HH777
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HH777
New property due to open In October have just booked a nights stay there in November.

It has a lounge and hoping for some nice diamond amenities 🤞

Any inside info floating around about facilities I can't find out much online.

HH777

Hi,

Looking at the website it looks like Executive Rooms grant access to the West Bay club.

I don't think Waldorf Astoria's give lounge access to Diamonds unless a Club room is booked ( ie Pearl Club room lounge access at the WA Dubai Palm Jumeirah ) so might be careful expecting lounge access on a standard room.

However full breakfast in the restaurant should be given

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 11, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Looking at the website it looks like Executive Rooms grant access to the West Bay club.

I don't think Waldorf Astoria's give lounge access to Diamonds unless a Club room is booked ( ie Pearl Club room lounge access at the WA Dubai Palm Jumeirah ) so might be careful expecting lounge access on a standard room.

However full breakfast in the restaurant should be given

Regards

TBS
Hey tbs Big fan,

Have tweeted them and got this response

"Absolutely! The Waldorf Astoria Doha West Bay (currently accepting reservations for Oct 1 2023 and beyond) will have an executive lounge, and Hilton Honors Diamond members will enjoy access as a benefit of their membership. - twitter staff"

woohoo!

HH777
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HH777
Hey tbs Big fan,

Have tweeted them and got this response

"Absolutely! The Waldorf Astoria Doha West Bay (currently accepting reservations for Oct 1 2023 and beyond) will have an executive lounge, and Hilton Honors Diamond members will enjoy access as a benefit of their membership. - twitter staff"

woohoo!

HH777

hi

Excellent news . Thanks for that HH777
I think that would be the first WA with a lounge available to HH diamonds free of charge.

I have a week off in early October but might be too close to the opening date ( in case of any opening teething issues)

Regards

Tbs
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have 2 nights booked here in early Sept - now it seems the hotel is not opening until Oct yet I have heard nothing from Hilton! I will leave it a bit but just trying to look for a comparable hotel if/when they walk me!

Regards

aks120
Old Aug 11, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hilton Honors Ambassador How long do I wait until the Waldorf Astoria West Bay Doha contacts me about my booking that is now before they open? I am less than a month away from my stay and would have thought I would have heard something by now!

Regards

aks120
Old Aug 11, 2023, 10:23 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by aks120
Hilton Honors Ambassador How long do I wait until the Waldorf Astoria West Bay Doha contacts me about my booking that is now before they open? I am less than a month away from my stay and would have thought I would have heard something by now!

Regards

aks120
Your tag did not work. More about that here.

My apologies, but frankly, I would not wait on them to reach out to you. I would recommend opening a case with customer service. You can do so by sending an email to the Twitter team using this email address: [email protected]

Wishing you the best of luck.

William
aks120 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:10 am

Just to close the loop on my issue, I was offered the other Waldorf Astoria in Doha but it was more expensive. Due to this, I was offered some points as well. They were very apologetic that the ‘relocations team’ had to picked this up and done something before now. However it does highlight the issue with booking hotels that are new! As the other WA was not where I wanted to be location wise, I am now off to the JW Marriott instead.

Regards

aks120
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:55 am

Up to December opening now.. my reservation is end of January so fingers crossed although not hopeful.
​​
Old Oct 10, 2023, 10:12 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This hotel is now open as of today.

khabah
Old Oct 10, 2023, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
This hotel is now open as of today.

khabah
Unbelievable! Now to decide between here and Lusail.. Here is 1000QAR cheaper for my stay. Keen to see any experiences if anyone stays
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: qantas silver, starwood gold, american express centurion
Has anyone stayed here yet? Was there Executive Lounge access for Diamonds?
jinyoungkim7 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
What a beautiful property. Just completed a one nite stay (on a 16 hour transit). On a Hilton Go rate, got a great rate for a one nite stay. Booked lowest room, and that was what I was given (Diamond). Room was big, new, well decorated, and many thoughtful touches. The one odd thing a noticed, for a hotel that was just opened, there were no international plugs in the room.

Staff was friendly and unobtrusive.

Was offered full breakfast in the restaurant but did not take it as had to leave hotel before breakfast was served.

Hotel located 10 min walk from a major mall, so many dining options within close proximity.

Would definitely stay here again.

Did not inquire about lounge.
135pilot likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.