Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by rangle4564
Tell me your a member of this Gold Chairmans ?
Does it get you velvet rope treatment when you staying at Hilton, Waldorf properties ?
I wish.... One of the main benefits of being Golf Chairman's is you get an automatic upgrade to a suite (the size of the suite is based on the hotels discretion)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Exclamation

Originally Posted by bthobe
I wish.... One of the main benefits of being Golf Chairman's is you get an automatic upgrade to a suite (the size of the suite is based on the hotels discretion)
Why hope?! This IS part of the program above Diamond @:-)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
So, the Golf Chairman status is a very small club?

Originally Posted by bthobe
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:11 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 11:13 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
As a 6-year Diamond, I think I've finally been initiated into the next tier.

I was checking into a regular King Suite at the ES Atlatna Galleria about a month ago, and the girl behind the counter gave me a certain look, followed by a special secret handshake, and voila! Next thing you know I've got a key to the $400 a night Presidential Suite..
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:34 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 11:13 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
As a 6-year Diamond, I think I've finally been initiated into the next tier.

I was checking into a regular King Suite at the ES Atlatna Galleria about a month ago, and the girl behind the counter gave me a certain look, followed by a special secret handshake, and voila! Next thing you know I've got a key to the $400 a night Presidential Suite..
Oh, maybe there are two secret tiers. My tier I never talk to the girl behind the desk, the GM runs out to greet me every time.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:53 pm

As a certain Oberfeldwebel (MSgt) Hans Georg Schultz would often say, "I know nossing... NOSSING!"

Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
One of the terms of your membership was that you agreed not to avow any knowledge of our agents or their operations. Please expect a visit from YOU MUST BE A CONRAD'S BEST GUEST TO VIEW THIS CONTENT to begin the member dismissal process.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JDiver
So, the Golf Chairman status is a very small club?
I am sure it is like ever other hotel chain/ airlines, CEOs & travel directors of big companies pushing a lot of travel get taken care.

Last edited by troyintn; Apr 16, 2011 at 7:30 am
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Maybe that would explain the 1500 Sq Ft suite we received in Hawaii recently. I must in the the club and don't even know it. Now that's secret.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
So based on all this, one thing that I find confusing. When reviewing the HH benefits by level, the Diamond status benefits are broken out by property (due to the by property variance). One property in particular lists an interesting note (bolding mine):

"Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort & Spa Benefits (choice of either Packages 1 or 2):
Package 1: (for HHonors Diamond Members)

Daily Complimentary Happy Hours (selected choice of beverages)
One bottle of wine
Complimentary 30 minutes Head and Back massage for member and one guest (one time only)
Fruit basket upon arrival (regular replenishment for subsequent days)
Package 2: (for HHonors Diamond Elites - who can also choose Package 1 instead)

Daily Complimentary Happy Hours (selected choice of beverages)
One bottle of wine
One half-day excursion for member and one guest
Deluxe fruit basket upon arrival (regular replenishment for subsequent days)"

So this seems to indicate some sort of difference in the Diamond level. It would seem to me that a 1/2 day excursion is going to be tangibly more expensive than a 30 minute massage. Simply a website error, or something deeper?

Link is here: http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/diamond.do
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:01 am

I just never heard of a Golf Chairman as a hotel status title...

Originally Posted by troyintn
I am sure it is like ever other hotel chain/ airlines, CEOs & travel directors of big companies pushing a lot of travel get taken care.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Level Above Diamond?

Perhaps this has been discussed before. Are there any other Diamond members that would like to see either:

1. A new qualifying level above Diamond or...

2. Increasing the current 28 stays/60 nights/100,000 points to maintain Diamond status or...

3. Maintain current qualifying thresholds but implement something systemic to acknowledge/reward long-term loyalty.

In my mind, the Diamond pool is far too diluted. I was in a property where 78% of the guests were Diamond members. There is no differentiation for the person that completes the minimum requisite number of stays/nights versus the true road warriors who spend say, 100+ nights/year in a Hilton property.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It seems to be a common newbie question: How should HHonors be different?

Here's one very recent thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...additions.html
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
@3Cforme - thanks for pointing me in the right direction. @smmfrld - yes, I was too lazy to research old threads. It appears this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. Ultimately, I have a decision to make about hotel loyalty programs for 2012. I'm leaning towards Marriott.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.