Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:20 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Hampton Inn in Paris, TN (KY Lake Area). Outside entrance.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

The Palm Beach Airport HI in Fl. has an outside corridor entrance. I really dislike that too...
Old Sep 25, 2005, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diam, Marriott Silver
Hampton Inn North in Albuquerue has outside entry.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up Hampton INN JAX

Decent property, with outside entry. Park free and ride the shuttle to airport.
In defense of outside entry, outside entry makes road trips a breeze just park right outside your room for easy luggage handling. Outside entry is safer in case of fire. Also some of those long inside hallways are downright spooky.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Hampton Inn, Union City TN. Based on the other posts, I'd say there is a trend building here for the TN properties.

Not a bad Hampton, but it can get a little tricky climbing the stairs to the second level, especially if it is frosty!

DF
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Just spent three nights at the Huntsville Alabama Hampton on University Dr. due to not being able to get home to Houston because of the hurricane. All but a few rooms are outside entry, but it was one of the nicest Hampton rooms I've ever stayed in. The place has obviously had a big renovation in the last few years, and the room was on par with most of the Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had a large window with shutters, the lamps were not the usual bright brass wall-mounted fixtures but were instead freestanding in a nice dark bronze color, and the floor in the bathroom and the room's entry area was tiled with reddish-gray ceramic tiles.

The property does have a building at the back that has about 30 rooms with an interior corridor.

While I don't really like exterior corridors, this property did at least have several elevators, and I would not hesitate to stay at it again.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 6:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Don't believe I saw these two on the list:

HI Birmingham-Irondale
HI Tallahassee I-10
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Outside entries

Orangeburg, SC. Not a bad Hampton, though.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Just spent three nights at the Huntsville Alabama Hampton on University Dr. due to not being able to get home to Houston because of the hurricane. All but a few rooms are outside entry, but it was one of the nicest Hampton rooms I've ever stayed in. The place has obviously had a big renovation in the last few years, and the room was on par with most of the Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had a large window with shutters, the lamps were not the usual bright brass wall-mounted fixtures but were instead freestanding in a nice dark bronze color, and the floor in the bathroom and the room's entry area was tiled with reddish-gray ceramic tiles.

The property does have a building at the back that has about 30 rooms with an interior corridor.

While I don't really like exterior corridors, this property did at least have several elevators, and I would not hesitate to stay at it again.
I agree with everything you said, i stayed at this property during Katrina's mess. It was a Great place
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
Exterior Corridors at a Hampton Inn

Made a Category 1 award stay at the Hampton Inn in West Memphis, AR, last week.
First time I had stayed at a Cat 1 property, and I happened upon what may be criteria for such, in that the hotel, which otherwise had a friendly staff, and a room nicer than the Hampton Inn in Midtown Memphis that I had paid to stay in the night before, had outside walkways.
My impression had been that HI had deflagged all such properties, so I was surprised to see it upon arrival, though not as disturbed as I was by the tornado that touched down just a few miles away in Marion (fortunately nobody hurt in that one) and by the quarter-sized hail that pelted my rental (no dings, thankfully).
Has anyone else stayed in a HI-flagged hotel recently with outside corridors?
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO they may have been selected for, er, "de-selecting," but that could take some time with existing contracts, room for negotiations, plans to upgrade a property etc. I recall how long it took to "deselect" (and finally demolish!) a really inferior property, the Miami Doubletree Club - probably the prototype for the "roach motel."
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:34 am
Original Poster

For more discussion of these properties, see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418319

Mike
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
There was an announcement within the past few years that outside entrance Hamptons would be dropped.

Haven't given it much thougt since then...Now thid thread.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:42 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
On my drive between Wilmington and New Bern, NC..say two HIs with outside entrances. They're stilllll out there.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: CO silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Las Cruces, New Mexico has outside corridors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.