Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:03 pm

Numerous choices Garden Inn Las Colinas good location many walking places to eat. Hampton Inn Las Colinas near Verizon Headquarters. These places are 15 miles from the BallBark that opened in 1995. Other choices would be Hilton Grapevine great location by Bass Pro Shop and then their is a Embassy Suites next door. They also have a Hampton Suites there.
Any questions just email me.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I would stay north of the airport in Grapevine at either the Hilton DFW Lakes or the Embassy Suites. They are both only a 15-20 minute dirve out to The Ballpark at Arlington - which by the way is one of my favorite parks in the country.

------------------
Seen a movie lately? Looking for a review about a movie you may want to see?
Then check out FT Movie Review to read or submit a review today!
Old Apr 13, 2003, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I can agree with any of the recommendations above...

... and of course you should not forget to e-mail those of us who actually LIVE in Irving for drinks or dinner one night if your schedule permits!

Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Overnighting at DFW - Advice

I have to do an overnight close to DFW and am currently holding a reservation at the Hilton DFW Lakes, after searching for previous posts. The reviews for this hotel seemed mixed. Any comments about lounge service - specifically will arriving after 7 p.m. negate any value to lounge access that evening?

I note that there are also 2 ES properties nearby, with the South location having been reviewed a couple of times. Any recent comments on it or the North location, which I could find nothing about? Also, there are Hampton locations North and South as well. The North property prices at almost as much as the full-service Hilton, whereas the South location can be had for $50 less. For those in the know, does this reflect the quality of the respective hotels? Thanks as always.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 5:38 am

What about the Homewood?It's close to airport and has a couple decent restaurants nearby.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I have stayed a couple of times at the ES north location. It is very nice and is connected via a covered walkway to a pretty good restaurant (Big Buck Brewery and Steakhouse). The walkway also takes you into Outdoor World and Bass Pro Shop, the most humongous sports store I have ever seen, with a bass pond right in the middle of it. There is a small shopping mall (nothing special) across a highway, but it is otherwise pretty much in the middle of nowhere. However, for just one night, and with Big Buck next door, I would recommend it.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 12:41 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
The Hampton's are out of the way to most activities around Dalls and Fort Worth. They are more than acceptable if all you need is a bed for the night...

------------------
AA member since 1981. Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....
Old Sep 6, 2003, 1:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TxLobo:
The Hampton's are out of the way to most activities around Dalls and Fort Worth. They are more than acceptable if all you need is a bed for the night...

</font>
Flight arrives around 6:00 p.m. and we depart the next morning, so you're right - all we need is a place to sleep. As much as I like Dallas, we don't plan on doing much and won't have transportation. I ruled out the Homewoods as they don't have airport shuttles.

Here how the rest stack up ratewise:

Hilton DFW Lakes $152
ES South $160
ES North $199
Hampton South $94
Hampton North $145

I'm just trying to determine if the Hampton South is that much worse than its sister hotel before I switch my reservation from the Hilton. $58 difference is significant unless the Hilton has a great lounge or something else, and the previous reviews haven't given that impression.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding DFW Lakes, I don't believe the lounge is available (i.e. no hors d'oeuvres in the evening or continental breakfast in the morning) on certain days. I would recommend calling the hotel to make certain. On the other hand, when the continental breakfast is not served, they give a full-breakfast coupon that you can use for the breakfast buffet.

* edited to add:
Just saw that your flight is 6 am the next morning; I think that's before breadfast starts even for the lounge.

[This message has been edited by ChaseTheMiles (edited 09-07-2003).]
Old Sep 6, 2003, 4:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I was in the South two weeks ago (Wed night) for one night, and in the North for one night (Thurs Night). The north was significantly better, they gave me a suite with stove and a full sized fridge, came by with the robe, water, and cookies. I'm sure that was an upgrade.

At the south they gave me a smoking room when I asked for a non smoking, and nothing special about it at all, just the water.

I paid $85.50 for the room at the South, $80.10 for the north, so you may want to double check the rates, but it's possible they are sold out of the $80 rooms. The rates were with the 10% AAA discount.

Venturing over to the Bass Pro Shop/Outdoor World is an adventure in and of itself, from the live bait machine outside to the dozens of rows of fishing poles, and just about anything you would ever want for outside use (and some incredible end of season deals on clothing)
Old Sep 6, 2003, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
The North ES is better, newer and better service. The Homewoods are great! The Hilton on the lakes, etc. is an older property. You are not talking about any distance at all, really, once you get out of the huge DFW airport. The Homewoods are very high on my list now after staying in the one at Lewisville, TX.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:24 pm

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
I've tried to book the north ES several times this summer as a weekend get-away for the kids, proximate to Grapevine Mills outlet mall/6flags/etc, with decent heated or indoor/outdoor pool and high-speed internet access being two requirements. Failed now, twice, as rates always seem to be $200+ a night (admittedly last minute bookings, still this is ridiculous). That's excessive for a weekend leisure rate IMO, and I am 99% certain its because of this property being attached physically to this BassProShop and/or conventions drawing strong weekend crowds. In both cases, "settled" for the Hilton DFW Lakes, and in both cases, complete happy about the choice.

DFW Lakes has a magnificant indoor pool (open I believe until midnight, so you could give that a try on this trip), and free highspeed (rolling out the wireless version as we speak) internet access. As a strong starwood fan, I continue to look for a starwood property in the DFW area w/ high speed internet and heated pool as a necessary combo, so have picked this specific Hilton DFW Lakes as our family's choice for most DFW stays. The breakfast rocks (free certs as a gold and the front desk never argues), and the formal restaurant looks appealing though we've never eaten a non-breakfast meal there.

In short, I can't speak of the Hamptons or the south ES, the north ES rates are inflated above NYC rates everytime I give it a try, and this Hilton DWF Lakes property is consistent, offers two critical criteria I need like few others offer, and in my view delivers a well-above-average stay experience. As for it being "older", I don't get that sense. It is very modern looking, and the room size is average to above average.

[This message has been edited by ILUVCITIBANK (edited 09-06-2003).]
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ILUVCITIBANK:

DFW Lakes has a magnificant indoor pool (open I believe until midnight, so you could give that a try on this trip), and free highspeed (rolling out the wireless version as we speak) internet access.
</font>
Thanks ILUVCITIBANK. Just the type of detail I was looking for. We'll be arriving from a 10 hour flight and it sounds like this might be a better place to unwind than a Hampton - lounge access or not. Despite the good recommendations above, I was finding $199 for the ES North a bit difficult to swallow too, especially since we'll miss the hospitality hour and the standard ES breakfast is nothing special.

Thanks to all for the advice. I hadn't expected this many answers over a weekend. I'll leave the reservation at the Hilton for now and monitor the rates.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:10 pm

Location: MSP - UA 1k, NW Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
DFW Hiltons

Any recommendations on the Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre vs. the Hilton Suites Dallas North? Normally I just pick one but for a one week stay it might be nice to know in advance if one is better.

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2003, 4:00 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
The Hilton suites IMHO is a better place to stay. Its less then a year old and you can walk to the galleria mall. There are many places to eat just up the street including fast food. Easy access to the tollway and LBJ (635)if your driving.

The other hotel used to be a doubletree and just made the switch about a month ago. The problem with this place is location. It sits on the wrong side of LBJ freeway (635) just getting to the hotel is a pain in the @#$. You know what they say location location location.

Anyway if your staying a week, I would go for the Hilton suites. It really is a nice hotel with great rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.