Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Berlin {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2001, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
By the way, the breakfast buffet was one of the most lavish I recall. We were bad and took meat, cheese, bread and fruit with us for the day and had a picnic lunch on the grounds of Sans Souci (sp?) later in the day.
Old Aug 5, 2001, 8:37 pm

rcs85551, you are absolutely correct, upgrades are worldwide. I am relatively new to Hilton Gold (couldn't let the 50k from EWRDC go by ) and just took the word from receptions at two Hiltons outside the US (Toronto - but I still got the upgrade, and Berlin where I did not get the upgrade). Thanks for waking me up

[This message has been edited by reisevergnuegen (edited 08-05-2001).]
Old Aug 6, 2001, 9:02 am

I was at the Berlin Hilton at the beginning of July. I am HH Gold and was automatically upgraded to the executive floor. I was traveling with my boss and he was upgraded along with me as I had made his reservation. I had a great view of the Gendarmenmarkt. Access to the lounge was nice, but I chose to have breakfast in the restaurant since the buffet is wonderful.
Old Aug 12, 2001, 12:26 pm

After my stay I could say that I never had so many problems in a hotel before. The first was that I had a reservation but Hhonors hadn´t faxed the voucher direct to the hotel as promised before.The whole check-in took about 20 minutes. I wasn´t upgraded to Executive floor(6th floor) and nobody told me that I have access to it because my status was not in their system so I just went there and was allowed to come in. The room (2035) I got was very far away from the elevator and I wrote in my profile that I prefer rooms close to the elevator and on higher floors (2nd floor). The room was clean but nothing special.No fruit etc.
When I asked the portier at the reception for a late check-out he said it´s not possible because the room is already blocked!
In the afternoon I went to the Executive lounge and asked there for a late check-out and a very nice person said that it wouldn´t be a problem. He just blocked another room for the the arriving guest. Then he asked why I wasn´t upgraded and I said : I don´t know."
He looked into his computer and said there is nothing about your status and he immediately changed it. After asking him for breakfast tomorrow morning he told me that the breakfast downstairs is much better and I´m invited to use it.The buffet was really great!This person in the executive lounge really cares about his guests!
The next morning I went to the swimming pool which is really nice to relax.
And my girlfriend wanted to use the sauna so I presented my Gold card to the lady at the counter and she told my girlfriend that she has to pay for entrance. I was wondering about it and asked why she should pay and the lady replied that only the Gold member has free entrance to the sauna! And the sauna is direct in the changing room so nobody is able to see if you use it.
I decided to check-out in the executive lounge and again a very nice person in the lounge.
I explained the situation at the sauna area to her and told me that all guests who travels with a Gold member have free entrance so she reduced my bill from this 15 DM.
I just had to pay 25 DM for the car parking and this is very cheap for 24 hours and a small bottle oj from the minibar for 6 DM.
The only thing I had to do was getting my parking card back at the reception. When I asked for it the portier said that I hadn´t paid the room and he won´t leave me before I do it. I said that Hhhonorsa wanted to fax the voucher and that it is not my problem if there is a communication problem between them. The portier replied that it isn´t his problem and that it´s my one. And his voice was not very calm! He tried nothing than checking his computer for the voucher!

I was really lucky because the person who talked to somebody of Hhonors yesterday walked around the corner and I waved him to come. The portier seemed to be really angry about this and then turned really smart as his boss? arrived. The boss said everything is okay and that I can leave now. He excused for his portier and I left the receiption after 20 minutes.

After all the bad things now the good ones. The concierge is very nice( a young blonde girl in my age) and the staff in the executive lounge is unbelievable friendly and helpful. Go there direct for check-in and avoid the normal receiption.

The view from the lounge opposite the Gendarmenmarkt is awesome at night!
Try to get a room with a Gedarmenmarkt view and call the hotel before you arrive to clear your Gold VIP status and ask if the works on the ceiling are finished or if you will get your wake up call by loud machines.

Tim
Old Aug 12, 2001, 7:16 pm

I stayed 3 times in the Berlin Hilton this spring and had no troubles of any kind. They upgraded me to executive floor without asking (Gold card) and the staff in the clubroom were wonderful. The evening "snacks" were extensive and delicious. The location is right in the middle of everything that's interesting in Berlin.

No, I don't work for Hilton and many times in European Hiltons they have refused to honor the Gold card program. But the Berlin Hilton is one of the good ones.

There was construction going on directly over part of the executive floor so you may want to stay away from that area.

Old Aug 13, 2001, 6:36 am

As Mileageslave mentioned the snacks were great! Enjoy a good drink and just look out of the window and see the Gendarmenmarkt at night. That´s real life!
Old Aug 13, 2001, 7:25 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I will keep my fingers crossed as I will stay there the next weekend.
But if the Gold benefits kick in, it seems to be a very pleasant experience.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 9:38 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Good news from the Hilton Berlin where I'm staying right now.

Very friendly staff, no problems so far - and a nice room on the 3rd floor with Gendarmenmarkt view.
The lounge staff is very friendly; we had breakfast up there this morning and it was very good and sufficient for my favouring the European continental style
Seems like the staff is well aware of the HHonors benefits...
Old Dec 16, 2001, 7:15 am

Berlin Hilton - Gold upgrade?

Hi!
We will stay at the Berlin Hilton next week. How do they handle HHonors Goldmembers? Do they get an upgrade easy? Any experiences with the complimentary breakfast?
Thanks!

Markus
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I've been treated very well at the Berlin Hilton as a Gold member. I was given a junior suite that was very nice (view of the domes at Gendarmenmarkt). When I returned three months later I was given the exact same room "since you liked it so much when you were here before," I was told upon check-in.

I was given breakfast at the Bel Etage restaurant on the second floor - very nice as well. If you're not offered this you can eat in the Executive Lounge on the sixth floor (the usual snacks and drinks are served there the rest of the day). Very nice view from up there as well.

Nice hotel - facilities and service are right up there.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:30 am

Same here. You might want to check in at the executive lounge right away... very friendly staff there.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:41 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I can also confirm that I have been upgraded to the executive floor. Check-in in the executive lounge was quite pleasant. The lounge is quite large. As rcs85551 stated, the staff there is very friendly.
Old Apr 22, 2002, 7:25 pm

Hilton Berlin

Planning a family stay for one week (two rooms) at the Hilton Berlin in August. Using points for pay for both rooms ( have lots of points, never used any HH points, travel way to much).

Looking for comments from recent stays. I searched the board and found several posts but those appear to be very old.

Specfically desire to learn about chance for upgrade rooms, exec lounge - do they have continental breakfast, daytime snacks, evening snacks?

Also curious about exercise facility on property, pool, and also location in proximity to mass transit. Are the restaurants good? What about room service?

Thanks,
James

Thanks,
James

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold
Old Apr 23, 2002, 9:03 am

This hotel is in a most convenient area! The metro station is within steps of the front door. Be sure to ask for an upgraded room with a view of the square. The hotel manager was very accomodating when we said we celebrating an anniversary. Full buffet breakfast came with the room (we were not using an award). The concert hall is within walking distance. We enjoyed a Louisiana jazz concert--- the best was watching how much the Berliners LOVE American music! Also the concierge was super helpful in giving directions, maps, advice. Have a wonderful time. We loved Berlin.
Old Apr 23, 2002, 10:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
This hotel is in a most convenient area! The metro station is within steps of the front door. Be sure to ask for an upgraded room with a view of the square. The hotel manager was very accomodating when we said we celebrating an anniversary. Full buffet breakfast came with the room (we were not using an award). The concert hall is within walking distance. We enjoyed a Louisiana jazz concert--- the best was watching how much the Berliners LOVE American music! Also the concierge was super helpful in giving directions, maps, advice. Have a wonderful time. We loved Berlin. </font>
Thanks for the info. Hearing your postive comments make me feel better about my choice. We would prefer to use mass transit rather than cab it everywhere.

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.