Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Berlin {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by j5rider
Yup...automatically upgraded as a gold with lounge access. They even prepared a grab-n-go breakfast for my early flight (ham sandwich on white bread, yogurt, Orange juice...).
No Lounge Access for Gold!!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a regular, I can guess which duty manager told you these lies :-(
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by hugolover
As a regular, I can guess which duty manager told you these lies :-(
Please help us to be aware... Which one?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT TOS prevents me from making such a declaration, but I am sure any regular knows who this officious person is.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Does any know if this Hotel has any room fit a family of 4 (2 adults/2 children)? If not, can I get 2 rooms with connecting door? Any suggestion for location with the best view? Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I was able to get 2 connecting rooms with a connecting door. 2nd room cost me 50%. I was lucky and parents room got upgraded from regular KING to 2-floor KING DUPLEX SUITE which is located on 6th and 7th floor. Marvelous view over the cathedral!

I did make reservation directly with the hotel in order to get 50% off 2nd room. It was 10 EUR more than a prepaid rate and /2 for the 2nd room.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by dabee69
I was able to get 2 connecting rooms with a connecting door. 2nd room cost me 50%. I was lucky and parents room got upgraded from regular KING to 2-floor KING DUPLEX SUITE which is located on 6th and 7th floor. Marvelous view over the cathedral!

I did make reservation directly with the hotel in order to get 50% off 2nd room. It was 10 EUR more than a prepaid rate and /2 for the 2nd room.
Thanks for update.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:24 am

new internet provider at the hilton berlin: no more swisscom, now ibahn (roaming partner: boingo, at&t, ipass). 25€ the day, only one speed available (really high speed: i tested 25mbit download, 3,3mbit upload).

no vouchers anymore, gold&diamonds do have to book it in the room and it was automatically removed from the bill.

also new: free wifi in the public areas of the hotel (didn't check it by myself).
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
This is a really nice property. I stayed for just one night recently, was upgraded from a basic twin room to a king executive (no suite upgrade, though), and had a thoroughly pleasant stay.

The Executive Lounge was fantastic. I visited multiple times in my 24 hour stay at this property, and enjoyed the refreshments on offer every time.

The location is great. There was a Christmas Market one block away, and great shopping and dining nearby.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:13 pm

One night stay as a HHD, Any Weekend Anywhere rate for EUR 119.

Check-in. Upgraded to an executive room. Check-in agent gave me the option of continuing check-in in the lounge.

Room. Executive room was rather small, but perfectly OK. Diamond amenity was a jar of sweet nuts (quite nice).

Lounge. I get the impression that the lounge is currently changing location due to refurbishment (?). Currently, the lounge is on the ground floor, next to the lobby. Lounge is nicely designed. Happy hour food options were not very exciting.

Breakfast. Chose breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant is a huge room. The breakfast was not terribly nice: even though the restaurant was quite empty (Saturday morning 7am), the staff did not pay much attention, and we needed to ask several times for new coffee. Egg station had prepared fried eggs that were very difficult to lift from their bowl and were cold. We didn't have a chance to try the breakfast in the EL (next time).

Location. Excellent.

I have two more nights booked in the hotel and am considering to come back in the summer as well. At a rate of 119 EUR a night, the hotel was fine. The excellent location trumps the lackluster breakfast.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by fptxenemit
Lounge. I get the impression that the lounge is currently changing location due to refurbishment (?). Currently, the lounge is on the ground floor, next to the lobby. Lounge is nicely designed. Happy hour food options were not very exciting.
Why did you get the impression the lounge is changing location? It is rather new and its location should be on the ground floor, next to the lobby, since the hotel had been refurbished completely step by step.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Breakfast in EL

Breakfast: I prefer having breakfast in the EL over the restaurant. The restaurant gets very busy when full. Well, so does the EL, but still it is more quiet and service is more attentive. However, we go early just to be sure of a nice table (and not having to sit on one the sofas which are totally unconvenient for eating - well at least when being more mature...) The EL has good offerings, eggs are made to order and coffee is much, much, much better. There is only one thing on the down-side in general. They used to offer yoghurt from Sterzing (South Tyrol, Italy) exclusively in the EL. This seems to be gone now.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I have an upcoming stay next sunday for 4 nights in a Duplex suite, I am curious what the upgrade will be

The hotel looks good on the pictures and the reviews are also pretty good so I am looking forward to my stay and will report back!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MrHilton
I have an upcoming stay next sunday for 4 nights in a Duplex suite, I am curious what the upgrade will be
Most likely no upgrade will be given. I did not receive any from a Corner Suite and was advised that they do not upgrade above a Junior Suite.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Most likely no upgrade will be given. I did not receive any from a Corner Suite and was advised that they do not upgrade above a Junior Suite.

I just called them since it's a flexible booking and they advised the upgrade is to a dome suite upon availability normally, If they would not upgrade I would be booking a lower category room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.