Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Berlin {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
5 minutes walk to a Lidl (route), or go to the Edeka inside the train station "Friedrichstrasse".
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by guiseppe
I was there last weekend and was very disappointed. As a Diamond I got a standard room and this was it. Ugly dark and noisy room, no upgrade available . Executive lounge closed , new lounge not yet opend. They had a small meeting room opened as a lounge, 8 tables and 50 people at the evening looking for same snacks, no luck for me- no free table, empty food.
At check-in I was offered complimentary breakfast, sorry I was on a breakfast incl. Rate.
No free water at my room, no amenities, no nothing.
I think it's not my favorite hotel in Berlin and for my next stays I will never come back :-(
strange, i was there the weekend 11/12-11/15. the new lounge was open.
but the whole executive floor 6 is still under construction. but we got a nice upgrade to a completely renovated and refurbished room in the 4th floor.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by hann
5 minutes walk to a Lidl (route), or go to the Edeka inside the train station "Friedrichstrasse".
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, i was there too last weekend and the lounge had already been open for 8 days, you are mistaken.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
Angry

It was exactly the last October weekend, seems I was only a few days to early to enjoy a lounge. But it wasn't only the lack of lounge.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it wasn't last weekend as ypou originally contended.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:18 am

No and that isn't possible, because my post is over one week old!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? because it was posted on Sunday the 21st, which was in fact five days ago, and I was referring to the weekend befors that, as you too seemed to be when the l;ounge was in fact open and had been open for about 8 days (so in fact the weekend before in fact). So now you say that it was the last weekend of October, which I too find extremely odd as was in fact at the hotel at that time as well, and the old lounge was in fact still open. So when in fact are you referring to? The first weekend of November? If you are going to impart such information and be so critical then you should be accurate, as quite frankly to date you have not been.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:31 am

Talking

Don't know what problem you have, it was the last October weekend , exactly from 29 til 31 October , is it ok for you to call it end of October? The check in clerk told me that the old executive lounge closed, but I did not controlled it personally. Can't imagine that it was not true.
If you need my exactly check in and out times per minute and our, please PM me, because I think it's interesting for the other users of this thread .
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My problem?

In post # 70 on the 21st of November you claimed that, "Executive lounge closed , new lounge not yet opend. ". The weekend which you obviously referenced was that of the 13th/14th. I was in fact there as was another poster and we enjoyed a new improved lounge located in the lobby.

In post #77 when called on it, you claimed that it was in fact the last weekend of October, which was in fact the last weekend that you strongly contended but in fact two weekends before that.

In post #79 with !!! you state that all is/was impossible because yyour previous post was over a week old!!!! Whwn it was in fact only 5 days old.

I then pointed out that I had in fact been in the Berline weekend the weekend which you contend (actually I checked out the morning of the 30 October, and that the old lounge was in fact opened, could it have closed later that day, perhaps, but that still means nothing in regard to your repeated false claims on this thread.

I am not going to PM you or do anything else. You don;t like the property, fine. You had problems, fine. But the least you could do is be accurate, and stop relying on repeated falsehoods to further your agenda.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:10 pm

Oh guy, don't bother me now. I have other things to do.
I'm out of this thread.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How passive agressive, wrong info, wrong info, and wrong info again, and then when called on it, not a, "I'm sorry, I guess I got my dates wrong" but instead some passive agressive, 'don't bother me now....". How helpful you have been.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:36 am

they were never that friendly at the hilton in berlin, but now it's getting worse.

as a hhonors gold member - no water in the room anymore.

they took away the signs in the elevator on which floor the executive rooms are.
at check-in i was told, they're limiting the access to the lounge and i should be happy since they gave me a better room (5th floor, couldn't make out any difference to the other ones i have stayed in) and breakfast voucher, but no access to the lounge.

what were your experiences with their policy for the new lounge?

thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nyc12345
they were never that friendly at the hilton in berlin, but now it's getting worse.

as a hhonors gold member - no water in the room anymore.

they took away the signs in the elevator on which floor the executive rooms are.
at check-in i was told, they're limiting the access to the lounge and i should be happy since they gave me a better room (5th floor, couldn't make out any difference to the other ones i have stayed in) and breakfast voucher, but no access to the lounge.

what were your experiences with their policy for the new lounge?

thanks!
Their lounge policy is fully in line with HH policy and the breakfast vouchers are good for full breakfast in the main restaurant. Bottled water appears not be a benefit at Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts and Doubletree properties. So I really do not see any point to complain as a GOLD member.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
The executive rooms are at the 6th floor and this floor is under renovation and will be ready in about 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.