Wiki Posts
Search

A little Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
A little Dissapointed

First I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the forums for a while now and decided to finally register.

I was recently trying to book a reward stay for 1 night at the Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview, and was unfortunately met with this screen,

We're sorry; there are no rooms available that meet your criteria at this hotel.
We recommend you try one of the options below:
- Try changing your dates or criteria and search again
- View Availability Calendar if you have flexible travel dates
- Select a different hotel from the list below

I was only looking for a standard room. Seeing as this was my first reward stay I had attemted to reserve, I am a little confused and dissapointed. I know there are plenty of rooms available, as there website shows, just wondering as to why I would not be allowed to book a reward stay?

I seem to remember reading on this site about "Diamond force"??. Is this at all applicable to a reward stay?

Many thanks for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Diamond force should work on a rewards stay. The reason it's coming up as not having a room available is because each hotel has a specific number of reward rooms for any day. If all reward rooms are already reserved, another guest trying to reserve one will be greeted with the message you received. Call the Diamond Desk, ask to book a reward stay at that hotel, on those dates. They should be able to put it through for you.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-D, SPG-Plt
Welcome to FT!

You can call the Diamond desk and if the hotel has any standard rooms available for purchase they can make it available to you for a rewards stay. Good luck

Originally Posted by AC_Cargo
First I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the forums for a while now and decided to finally register.

I was recently trying to book a reward stay for 1 night at the Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview, and was unfortunately met with this screen,

I was only looking for a standard room. Seeing as this was my first reward stay I had attemted to reserve, I am a little confused and dissapointed. I know there are plenty of rooms available, as there website shows, just wondering as to why I would not be allowed to book a reward stay?

I seem to remember reading on this site about "Diamond force"??. Is this at all applicable to a reward stay?

Many thanks for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Don't worry too much about this until you call in. I had the same thing show up on a few Conrad reward stay attempts. When I called in the CSR mentioned there were a lot of rooms open and I didn't need to Diamond push. She booked it over the phone and all was well.

Oh - I should add this happened to me when I was only Silver, with same result. So it seems you don't need to be a Diamond to have this work.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:28 am

Welcome to FT!
I was at this hotel a couple eeks ago and did a review.
Call the diamond desk, there's agood chance they can get you in.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by jabez
Welcome to FT!
I was at this hotel a couple eeks ago and did a review.
Call the diamond desk, there's agood chance they can get you in.

Any chance of a link for this review? I did a search, but found waaayyyyy too many results.

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by AC_Cargo
Any chance of a link for this review? I did a search, but found waaayyyyy too many results.

Thanks.
www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587418

FYI, if you left click on a poster's name, one of the choices that pops up is to see other posts by that FT'er.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.