Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Wow! That is great customer service!
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
I have stayed here twice with my 3rd trip coming up this Jan 08. Probably one of the best Hilton Properties. Very great staff - good location. I am looking forward to a summer visit too! I am just a Gold and I have always been upgraded.

On a side note: On my last trip I checked in 2 days before my birthday. The evening of my birthday when I returned to my room there was a chocolate cake, plates, and wine. I was very surprised and touched. When I brought it up with young woman at the exec lounge she stated she saw the date on my passport and wanted to do something nice for me since I was so far from home.

Very great service indeed!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
I have stayed here twice with my 3rd trip coming up this Jan 08. Probably one of the best Hilton Properties. Very great staff - good location. I am looking forward to a summer visit too! I am just a Gold and I have always been upgraded.

On a side note: On my last trip I checked in 2 days before my birthday. The evening of my birthday when I returned to my room there was a chocolate cake, plates, and wine. I was very surprised and touched. When I brought it up with young woman at the exec lounge she stated she saw the date on my passport and wanted to do something nice for me since I was so far from home.

Very great service indeed!
It's great to hear about another hotel that does this. The Hilton Arcadia in Phuket also did the same thing for me two years in a row during my birthday stays.

I really did enjoy the hotel when I stayed there two months ago during the snow. I loved the location and the service as well.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
It's great to hear about another hotel that does this. The Hilton Arcadia in Phuket also did the same thing for me two years in a row during my birthday stays.

I really did enjoy the hotel when I stayed there two months ago during the snow. I loved the location and the service as well.
The "birthday thingy" is not as rare as some might think the Cavalieri did the same for my wife on her birthday three years ago. ( Raspberry cake and sparkling wine) and the Paris Hilton did similar for mine the previous year.

SPG's Europa and Regina also sent up a cake and wine on the actual date of her birthday on the same trip as above.

mike
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:35 pm

I have to add my .02 cents. One of Hiltons better hotels. We where there in July when they where doing the carpet in the hallways. Staff goes out of there way to make you visit great. This hotel would be my 1st choice for any B.A. trip
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
"Typical" Point Stretchers?

Are there "typical" times of the year when the Hilton BA offers Point Stretcher awards, if any? I do not see any dates during the coming year in the hotel's website. I have seen reference to them earlier in this thread, but realize that it just may have been in its early years, before it established itself. I would like to stay here using points sometime in the next few months, and would be guided by the answers to this question. Thank you.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Early Check-in and Late Check-out? Best rooms?

Planning Jan '08 trip...

Wondering about any recent experiences with early check-ins and late check-outs? (earlier posts noted no problems with either from at least one experience, but nothing recent.)

I'd be looking for both early arrival and late departures, so wondering if paid extra day(s) are necessary. Hoping my Diamond status will help.

Also, read that best rooms are HHonors 8th floor and Executive 9th floor, but other than that any "good" or "bad" rooms on either one (e.g., corner room, noisy ones, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:59 pm

If you used higher status the folks on the 8 th floor are very helpful.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Corner rooms are huge and often on specials using VISA cards. Recommended! As to early check-in or late check-out, if available it's always possible - if not, the Lounge has people willing to store luggage, there is a shower one can use to clean up, etc.

Upgrade to Executive Floor? Don't bet on it - if available, they can do - but as a Diamond I have usually gotten a room upgrade and Exec Lounge access, not Exec Room (don't give those corner rooms short shrift!)

As for Iguassú, the Argentine side is much larger and one can spend 2 - 3 days exploring. But, I advise going on weekdays, as it really fills up with tourers (add Brasil and Argentina weekenders) weekends. I personally prefer (absolutely!) the Sheraton (it's on the edge of the park, and you get in early to see monkeys, toucans and macaws / parrots before the crowds come in from the main gate, and ditto late afternoon.

We left bags at the Bs As Hilton while we went to the Falls for 3 days - nice solution! And, the Hilton is easy walking distance of the Buquebús (take the fast ferry, and of course, your passport,) the best way to get to Colonia del Sacramento for a nice day out (again, weekdays are best, though not Mondays when lots of places in Colonia are closed.)

Puerto Madero is within easy striking distance of it all, but is more secure than most of Bs As, as the Marine (Navy) Police rule here, not the city cops - the Navy Police are not corrupt and broach no crime. And if you like beef, stop in at Cabaña Las Lilas (within a block) for some good bife - tender, grass fed and flavorful. For a traditional place, it's a longer walk to the Asadór Criollo Las Nazarenas, not to mention many other restaurants. Ay, ¡Si!

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 9, 2008 at 8:17 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
The 3 times I've stayed there, I got late checkout at 6pm! I assume it is a Diamond perk.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Chicago Wine Geek
The 3 times I've stayed there, I got late checkout at 6pm! I assume it is a Diamond perk.
They usually try to accomodate HHonors Golds and Diamonds with late checkouts in the 4 to 6 p.m. range upon request unless there is a huge convention at the place.

If they are not willing to do at least 4 p.m., a quick mention that Starwood's hotels in town have 4 p.m. checkout as a guaranteed benefit (even by way of AAA membership) has sometimes been sufficient for them to give that.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Thanks all for the responses. ^

I ended up booking a room for the night before, just to ensure early morning check-in won't be a problem. Last thing I want to do is arrive and get refused entry after travel.

Sounds like leaving late in the day shouldn't be an issue -- I'll remember to remind them of my diamond status (that generally helps) and that Starwood gives you 4 p.m. without question

Originally Posted by JDiver
Corner rooms are huge ...Recommended! ...
Sounds like they are worth asking for!
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by zimt_fly
To answer my own question some posts earlier, I have successfully managed to book a room at 140$ (incl. taxes!) from a local travel agency just before I arrived at EZE. I was picked up at the airport (25$), upgraded to the executive level (where you also have free internet)

I haven't been to the Hilton in a while and I can't remember about the internet. I thought that it was free in the executive level room but I cannot remember if it is wired or wireless. Does anyone here know?? I could not find anything on the Hilton website and searched here as well. I'm trying to decide whether I need to drag the whole laptop or can get away with the wireless blackberry. Thank you!!
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United 1P; Marriott Silver; Hilton-Silver
Originally Posted by TrishBOS
I haven't been to the Hilton in a while and I can't remember about the internet. I thought that it was free in the executive level room but I cannot remember if it is wired or wireless. Does anyone here know?? I could not find anything on the Hilton website and searched here as well. I'm trying to decide whether I need to drag the whole laptop or can get away with the wireless blackberry. Thank you!!
I was just at this hotel during the past week. Wonderful customer service. Internet in the room was not free on the executive levels, 8th and 9th floors. I'm Gold, BTW. The hotel does have 2 computers with free internet access behind the 8th floor check in area and near the executive lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by kimag
I was just at this hotel during the past week. Wonderful customer service. Internet in the room was not free on the executive levels, 8th and 9th floors. I'm Gold, BTW. The hotel does have 2 computers with free internet access behind the 8th floor check in area and near the executive lounge.
Is there any wireless internet? I don't mind paying because I can get reimbursed, but I don't want to drag the big laptop if I can just bring the wifi blackberry? Thank you!
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Yes, there was wireless paid internet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.