Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I was Guest of the Day!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

I was Guest of the Day!

We walked into the Hilton in Sunrise, Florida Friday evening late. There was a sign on the desk in a frame that said "Welcome Guest of the Day, XXXXXX" and it was me!!
They pick a random guest each day. I was given FULL breakfast coupons (vs. the cold buffet for HH members), a free movie (12.99 value), fruit, cookies, waters, candy bar and other goodies. A letter was enclosed that was signed (not photocopied) by each staff member. They really promote team work there. The stay was great as always. This hotel always goes out of the way when we are there and I have no reason to think they don't treat everyone the same way.
Any other Hiltons do this? I had never seen it before (even at this location).
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by fscher
They pick a random guest each day. I was given FULL breakfast coupons (vs. the cold buffet for HH members), a free movie (12.99 value), fruit, cookies, waters, candy bar and other goodies. A letter was enclosed that was signed (not photocopied) by each staff member.
Very nice touch! ^
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I've heard about this happening at other properties, mostly Hampton Inns. I suppose it all depends on the local management willing to put forth the effort. I think it is a nice touch. Doesn't cost them much to spread some goodwill.

I know my kids would get a kick out of hearing I was the "guest of the day" after returning from one of my trips. I would probably have to take the announcement with me as proof!

Congratulations.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Congrats:
Fscher believe or not I actually was in the lobby of that hotel last Friday evening ( around 1130pm) because I had booked a room there for my brother
( I got the points off course) at a great rate of $75.
Always did like that property and have stayed there lots of times ( its very close to my parents home) but they were undergoing some rennovations during my previous visit.

In any event we checking out Starwoods new resort The Atlantic on the beach.
mike
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:06 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
This is

a very cool thing--more hotels should do this
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:03 am

Had this a couple of times at the Doubletree in Palm Beach Gardens.

Good for the ego, I suppose.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:56 pm

They do this at the

HGI in Loveland, OH where I often stay. However, I'm always crestfallen when I walk in each night to find out I'm NOT the guest of the day. Nice touch though.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I was Guest of the Day at the Hilton in Ft. Wayne, IN a few years back.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Guest of the Day

I've been Guest of the Day before too at other properties --a nice perk above/beyond Diamond benefits. Typically, it includes a full breakfast when HHonors only provides continental + lunch or dinner w/drinks on the house. It's nice to see individual properties recognizing their own frequent guests above/beyond HHonors.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Congratulations, guests of the day! :-:

As some have said, it doesn't actually take that much effort or resource on behalf of the hosting hotel, but it creates a buzz, and it makes a guest (or a guest and their travel companins) a bit special. Wow, there's no need to be antediluvian with customer service in the hotel industry, imagine that!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:16 am

I rolled in to a Marriott property late one night and saw an announcement at the front desk that I was guest of the day (at 11:55PM). I received a welcome letter and a few assorted goodies. I couldn't help but form the impression that underpaid staff had each contributed a dime. I was touched, but disturbed. Worse yet, I was planning to shorten my two-week reservation to just one night; I'd had advance warning how dismal the property was. Felt really badly. Still do. It haunts me from time to time.

Not to be a downer on an upbeat thread...
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Not exactly guest of the day but Hilton Cleveland Beachwood has a bowl in Conceirge / Exec Lounge where you drop your business card for the weekly draw of 5k Bonus HHonurs points. Did not notice this till half way through my 11 month of stays and got it 4 times in 6 months.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:53 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
I saw this at the Homewood Suites in Warwick, RI. A nice touch.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:29 pm
dzh

Location: London, UK. Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, UA PremEx, AmEx Centurion
Is this not a violation of guest privacy / confidentiality?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 7:44 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dzh
Is this not a violation of guest privacy / confidentiality?

What!? Get a life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.