Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Anaheim - South {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Anaheim - South {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 8:06 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Arrow Embassy Suites Anaheim - South {US-CA}

I'm guessing this Embassy Suites just recently opened.

Anyone try it yet? Opinions?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 8:54 am

I expect to be staying there within the month. I have talked with the president of the Anaheim CVB and he says that it's a great property.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 9:08 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean the new one on Harbor? Stayed there last month for $89. Shares a Disneyland shuttle and a parking lot (crowded) with the HGI and Hampton. Overrun with kids and their debris (pool towels abandoned in lobby restroom, etc) as you can imagine. Very nice staff, although they seem to be working out some minor bugs (slow elevators, buttons on phone didn't connect with anything). Room service was prompt, food good and reasonably priced. Usual breakfast downstairs. Don't know if this was an "upgrade" but I paid for a king and was put in a double. Got the box of snacks and water. Big plus for this property is the free parking and the much lower tax rate in Garden Grove.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 11:40 am

Littleleaguemom brought up something to think about,when you (me) are staying. If it's a weekend or during springbreak,watch out for the kids. But that price for a LA area ES is excellent and will greatly rise after they are established.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:25 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Anaheim - South last week (Harbor Blvd, by Disney - Lion King decor). This relatively new ES has been great for recognizing Diamond and Gold with room upgrades, but they have now gone one better.

On checkin, instead of the usual breakfast coupon, I was issued a golden Diamond Pass coupon. Same breakfast buffet, but for the evening manager's reception, one has the run of the lobby bar, no restrictions. Very nice.

Any other ESs out there doing this?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

I've not heard of this yet - good news, especially if they will have this "Diamond Pass" at other ES.

OTOH, I did notice some upgrading of service to Diamonds at the ES SFO (Burlingame) on my most recent stay. Maybe this is an ES attemp to to differentiate Diamonds more than before, since everyone gets the manager's reception and breakfast perks.

Originally Posted by tartetatin2
Stayed at the Embassy Suites Anaheim - South last week (Harbor Blvd, by Disney - Lion King decor). This relatively new ES has been great for recognizing Diamond and Gold with room upgrades, but they have now gone one better.

On checkin, instead of the usual breakfast coupon, I was issued a golden Diamond Pass coupon. Same breakfast buffet, but for the evening manager's reception, one has the run of the lobby bar, no restrictions. Very nice.

Any other ESs out there doing this?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Embassy Suites Anaheim-South: any reviews?

I searched the forum, but saw no reviews on this property. I am staying there soon and would like any information on your stays there good or bad.

Cheers,

kings_29
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
I have stayed there twice, both times to go to Disneyland/California Adventure. It is a very nice property with great transportation to both Disney parks via the Anaheim Resort Transit trolleys for $3/person/day with unlimited rides. The property definitely caters to the Disney parks and most of the guests are families or tour groups. Have found that the Manager's reception is empty most nights due to most guest still being at the Disney parks. Breakfast fills up fast around 8 am and is steady until close. I had no issues with breakfast around 7:30 am. The rooms are standard for an ES and are in great shape. The noise factor is a little higher than normal due to the number of kids, but is unnoticeable when in the bedroom. Any other specific questions I can answer for you?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
I have stayed here twice. It's a fairly standard Embassy Suites. As a previous poster pointed out it can be overrun with kids at times. The last time I stayed there some unsupervised kids did the push-all-the-buttons trick in all the elevators which is a bit annoying if you are trying to get to the higher HH floors. If a major convention is on it will be primarily business travellers and you won't have this problem.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:58 pm

I like this property. At the time I stayed there, I was a Gold and was upgraded to a top floor suite with a Disney view. My little kids loved watching the fireworks from the room.

It is a fairly typical atrium-style ES. It shares a parking lot with the HGI and the Hampton Inn. Parking was free in the summer of 2005, despite the website indicating that a fee would apply. It does cater to Disney, meaning lots of kids, but given that I was there for the same reason, it didn't bother me.

The trolley to Disney was pretty good, not great. I did walk to the parks a couple of times -- it's a long way but certainly walkable if the weather is nice.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
It is an OK ES...a typical Disneyland property...and yes it is overrun with children and convention types. If Disneyland is your destination, it is perfect with the transportation. In addition, there is one of the best Thai restaurants in the country about a mile away...Thai Nakorn!!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:18 am

Thanks to all for the posts. So the ES sounds like what I was hoping. I was worried it might be a little tired with the constant Disney traffic. It sounds like my fears were unfounded.

Cheers,

kings_29
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: NWA, Spirit, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kings_29
I searched the forum, but saw no reviews on this property. I am staying there soon and would like any information on your stays there good or bad.
Happen to have just stayed at this property (and several others) on my vacation... that just ended.

Of the 3 Embassy Suites, 1 Doubletree Club and 1 Homewood we stayed at on the vacation, we enjoyed this one the most. Even without being upgraded it was the largest room - larger living area and bathroom than either of the two other ES units. Only downside for us was that our 2nd floor room was right behind the animatronic Lion and the door didn't seal tight against the weather-stripping, which meant the 3-yr-old was always opening the door to watch when it roared. Fortunately, said lion "sleeps" much of the time and is dormant after 9PM or so.

Pool's outdoor, so if the weather's icky it limits the non-park options, but we had sunny (if cool-ish) days all 5 we were there.

Anaheim Resort Transportation works well, but the buses can be too small at times and you'll end up waiting for a second one if you're part of the overflow crowd. And, if the park extends its hours due to the crowd, the buses don't seem to follow suit - we walked back one night after having been at Disneyland for 12 hours because they extended the park by an hour for a second Fantasmic show. If I had it to do again, I'd probably pay the $10/day to park at Disney instead of relying on the buses.

Hit me with a PM if you have other questions.

Jeff
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
Ditto the previous comments. The one item that wasn't mentioned is that the parking stalls are very small. There is an Italian restaurant near the property and parking is a premium. With the small stalls, I parked in the back, but when I tried to leave early in the AM, I could barely get into my car.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Vlaka
Ditto the previous comments. The one item that wasn't mentioned is that the parking stalls are very small. There is an Italian restaurant near the property and parking is a premium. With the small stalls, I parked in the back, but when I tried to leave early in the AM, I could barely get into my car.
I'm planning on flying in with the kids and not renting a car this time around. Since the whole time will be at Disney, I figured why pay for a rental car if it's only going to be parked. Yes, I know not having a car is anti-American . Sounds like there is plenty of places to dine nearby. Anyone have any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.