Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What's a "King Study" Room at Hampton?

Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Sometimes when I'm booking a Hampton, I see a choice between a King Study room or a King Standard room. An example is the Kansas City Airport Hampton. The price is usually the same. Does anyone know the difference and which one is better?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by zachary
Sometimes when I'm booking a Hampton, I see a choice between a King Study room or a King Standard room. An example is the Kansas City Airport Hampton. The price is usually the same. Does anyone know the difference and which one is better?
The King Study has a desk and the standard does not. There isn't a significant difference to me otherwise - I'll book the study if I need the work area.

Mike
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:44 pm

It depends on the property, some have a slightly bigger couch in a King Study, but in general, nako got it right - the main difference is a better desk.

BTW, that particular property (Hampton Inn KC airport) is a rather mediocre one. If the rate is much lower, I'd stay there, but not otherwise. The Homewood Suites is much, much better, and even the dated Hilton would be a better choice, IMO (and often not more expensive).

Last edited by Eugene; Aug 20, 2004 at 2:58 pm
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:45 pm

Hampton says a King Study has a sofa, usually a sofa bed. I've never stayed in a Hampton that didn't have at least a small desk in the room, no matter what the room category was.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk
Hampton says a King Study has a sofa, usually a sofa bed. I've never stayed in a Hampton that didn't have at least a small desk in the room, no matter what the room category was.
If you get a room with two queen beds, you stand a chance of not getting a desk. If this happens, you will have a 31" diameter round table as a desk. This has happened a few times to me but, I went back and got the room changed.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 1:36 pm

I always stay in king-bedded rooms in Hamptons, so I thought that explained it, but then this past Saturday at the Hampton Fairhaven (Mass.), I had a new experience. I stay at this outrageously expensive and shabby Hampton about two or three times a year, and I usually have to fight with them just to get the mingy bottle of water and lousy snack they promise, much less having someone change a burned out light bulb or get working batteries for the TV remote.

But this weekend I was pleased to find an L-shaped room corner room on the top floor with my bottle of water and lousy cookies already there...and no desk! Granted, I had a dining table seating four and a console table in front of the window, but no desk.

As an aside, on my way out to dinner, I stopped to thank the woman at the desk for the upgrade, and she said she liked that room best out of all the rooms in the hotel, including the suites. And in true FlyerTalk style, I left thinking "Suites? This hotel has suites? Why haven't I seen a suite here?"

Just when you think you've found the top....
Old Sep 13, 2004, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by zachary
At virtually all the Hamptons I've booked (or considered booking), the price is NOT the same. It's usually a bit higher for the King Study than for the King Standard.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 2:20 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
At virtually all the Hamptons I've booked (or considered booking), the price is NOT the same. It's usually a bit higher for the King Study than for the King Standard.
Its hit-and-miss. I recently booked two king study rooms for the same price as a standard king at the HI Sunset Hills/STL.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by boilermaker
Its hit-and-miss. I recently booked two king study rooms for the same price as a standard king at the HI Sunset Hills/STL.
You booked TWO standard king rooms for the price of ONE king study?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.