Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Nuremberg Hotel {DEU} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2003, 12:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Couldn't find anything in the archives.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I don't know much about the hotel. Some info is here:

http://www.discountberlinhotels.com/...-nurenberg.htm

While in Nuremburg it might be interesting to visit the Zeppelin Field I found it to be a rather moving experience. more info here.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 5:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
Stayed there a couple of times last year. Its a nice (former Scandic), well run property. Rooms are pretty new. Got a Business Room as Gold on the lowest rate. No Exec lounge/floor. They let me sign for breakfast, but it was removed (after I told them it should be free) from my bill at check-out.

Located at the border of the city, close to the autobahn, it is pretty much away from everything. So if you plan to visit the city, you will need a car/taxi. Free parking on front of the hotel.

Anything specific you need to know?
Old Aug 3, 2003, 8:11 am
Suspended

Correction: Former Scandic owned Holiday Inn like Innsbruck, Vienna Danube, London Docklands and Netherlands Royal Park, as well as perhaps Bremen and others.
Old May 16, 2004, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Hilton Nurnberg

Tried to find out info on the Nurnberg Hilton but found nothing doing a search. Am a Diamond and staying there soon. Is there anything I should know or expect there as I understand it is a converted Holiday Inn. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old May 16, 2004, 10:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130330

"Nürnberg" seems to have a couple of different spellings in english .

While searching, I found Nuremberg (which is the correct one), Nuernberg (which is the correct german spelling if no "ü" is available), Nurnberg and Nuremburg.
Old May 17, 2004, 10:19 am

Have stayed there twice, as Diamond got room 222 which seems to be the second biggest room they have. No Executive level, just fruit in room. Quite new and close to where my business is, not in downtown area, about 10-15 Euro taxi ride away
Old Jul 25, 2004, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Hilton in Nuremburg Germany?

Does anyone here have anything to comment on this place in terms of location and facilities? I can get a better rate there than the usual three star place my employer normally books for me and its location (near the Congress Hall/Documentation Museum if I'm not mistaken) looks okay for my daily commute to the office.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:08 pm

Done a search?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=nuremburg
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=nuremburg
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=nuremberg
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Cool. I should have thought of that so thanks! The threads confirm what I suspected and the place has some good rates for August.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH/Bonvoy Gold, AA, WN CP
The archives do a good job of summarizing the hotel. I stayed there in March and I thought it was a good way of spending 10,000 points. The breakfast was great. The European Hiltons offer so much more than the US Hiltons, it seems.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Presently at the Hilton Nuremberg (just checked in). Fairly disappointed in what was offered, but this is my first time at a Hilton as a Gold, so it would be useful to get feedback.

As noted before, no exec floor, but I was given a room on the 3rd floor (it looks like the hotel has only three floors). Room is small but nicely setup in terms of appearance. Only two pillows on king bed. Two bottles of water present in the room, plus a small letter, nothing else. Breakfast is not complimentary (18 Euros/day), nor is wireless (13 Euros/day). The location is better suited to cars than to public transit - it's 1 km (0.6 miles) from the Frankenstadion stop, and it's about 20-25 minutes by foot from the Congress Center (and that's if you don't get yourself lost, which is really easy to do - it took me 1 hour the first day).

Edit: Additional information...
The breakfast is complimentary to Golds and Diamonds, and they do offer room upgrades as well; however, they had me in as a Blue member prior to the stay, and I was quite satisfied with the room (it was small but certainly workable for a single person). Very comfortable (firm) bed - didn't wake up in the middle of the night as I often do on stays outside my hometown.

Gold amenity: 3 small chocolates, plus two pieces of fruit. I really liked the chocolates, but the fruit was really, really cold. Breakfast was quite comprehensive - 6 types of cereal, 6 breads, multiple breakfast rolls, 5 or 6 types of jams, smoked salmon, three types of cold sausages, several types of crossiants, fruit, at least 5 types of yogurt, and multiple hot dishes (bacon, eggs, potatoes, baked beans, Nuremberg sausages...)

No dedicated concierge desk, as far as I can tell, which made asking for information on the morning of check-out a bit complex (6 or 7 people and 2 front desk staff).

Overall: a B, in my book, with the only knocks being the location (not very convenient for me) and the high cost of the wireless. Service quite good, and food solid as well.

Last edited by gmax58; Sep 13, 2007 at 8:41 am Reason: Finishing details
Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:03 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
Originally Posted by gmax58
Breakfast is not complimentary (18 Euros/day)
Did you ask, if it's free for you as a Gold? Most german properties without Executive lounge offer complimentary breakfast for Gold's.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I've updated this thread with the last few days, along with my final impressions of the place.

Last edited by gmax58; Sep 13, 2007 at 8:42 am Reason: Removing irrelevant information
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just stayed here twice while in Germany, used it as a stop between my destinations. No breakfast for Diamonds if on a reward stay. Told at the desk both times, response: nothing if you are using points. When I complained a bit that every other property in the country and in Austria had given me breakfast with a reward stay, she shrugged. 15 minutes later a bottle of wine and stale snacks were sent up to the room. I guess that's the best you can expect there. Loved Germany but they can stuff this Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.