Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Nuremberg Hotel {DEU} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Nuremberg Hotel {DEU} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Got upgraded to a room on the third floor which was quite nice, no breakfast vouchers offered but I didn't ask. Unfortunatley during the night when going to the bathroom I tripped over my bag and fell onto the small desk next to the bed and seriously banged my head.

The emergency room is luckally only 5 mins from the Hilton so I got stiched up in no time and can now cure my concussion!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Trying to decide between this property and the Meridien as a SPG Platinum and as a Hilton Diamond...sounds like the Meridien offers more bang for the buck as a top-level member. Which is more convenient to the Christmas markets, does anyone know?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Trying to decide between this property and the Meridien as a SPG Platinum and as a Hilton Diamond...sounds like the Meridien offers more bang for the buck as a top-level member. Which is more convenient to the Christmas markets, does anyone know?
The Le Meridien is in the city center (where the Christmas market is) while the Hilton is on the outskirts of town.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The NUE Hilton is on the outskirts as mentioned before right next to the training grounds of FC Nuernberg soccer team. Usually you can watch the soccer player during training from your room in the mornings.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I stayed here on a reward stay in August. They offered me a room upgrade, but when I asked about breakfast they said that I could either have the upgraded room or breakfast. I chose to get breakfast over the upgrade to save 36 euros. They were pleasant rooms, nothing different from any other Hilton in Germany. The staff was friendly and they had free parking (which was nice because we did have a car). It's close to the old Nazi parade grounds and a subway stop, so you can see some history and take the train into town pretty easily. I'd definitely stay here again - at 10000 points, it's a bargain.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone confirm that no breakfast is offered on an award stay here? Ive never experienced that before and should hope that as a Diamond they do something to provide a nice experience.

Also, do they have a shuttle to the city center?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
I stayed at this property about a year ago right before christmas. The rooms were nothing special but they left a small bottle of wine and some fruit with a welcome letter from the manager. Breakfast was free with the award stay. I like this hotel but they don't have an executive floor or lounge and since the point rate for awards have doubled, It doesn't make it as appealing.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Can anyone confirm that no breakfast is offered on an award stay here? Ive never experienced that before and should hope that as a Diamond they do something to provide a nice experience.

If you have status you can reject the upgrade to get breakfast for free. At this property they told me it was one or the other at check-in. Make sure you ask though, or else they'll give you the upgrade and you'll have to pay for breakfast instead.

There was no shuttle into the city center. You could walk to the S-Bahn station or drive there.

Last edited by sorro; Dec 3, 2007 at 8:22 am Reason: to add shuttle info
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
There also is a bus stop across the street from the hotel so you can take the bus downtown also.
We have been given breakfast there as Diamonds and we last stayed there in Oct this year. Also put in a nice room on the third floor with a welcome amenity in the room for us with a note welcoming us back.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What would the upgrades be anyway if there is no exec floor and it seems there are few suites? We would prefer to have two free breakfasts than a so-called room upgrade anyway! How far is it to the bus stop nearby and how long does it take to get to the Christmas markets...any ideas? Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
What would the upgrades be anyway if there is no exec floor and it seems there are few suites? We would prefer to have two free breakfasts than a so-called room upgrade anyway! How far is it to the bus stop nearby and how long does it take to get to the Christmas markets...any ideas? Thanks everyone!
I got a very large suite above the hotel entrance overlooking the fountain July 2007. I would assume that is the best room per floor. I didn't ask and didn't get breakfast vouchers. There were a lot of baskets with apples around

FRA, BER, VIE, MUC and some others would be before NUE on my Christmas market preference list. Hilton FRA is also much nicer and better located than Hilton NUE. Hilton in NUE does not have lounge, Hilton FRA has an extraordinarily located but very well stocked executive lounge. I am flying my family to FRA over the next weekend for Christmas market. I was able to book confirmed Hilton FRA Exec room for an award stay @:-)
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dabee69
FRA, BER, VIE, MUC and some others would be before NUE on my Christmas market preference list.
I thought Nuremberg was Germany's oldest and one of the largest markets?!

What is the name of the train station closest to the Hilton NUE...hopping a train from FRA and want to end up as close as possible.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:44 pm
Suspended

I thought Nuremberg was Germany's oldest and one of the largest markets?!

What is the name of the train station closest to the Hilton NUE...hopping a train from FRA and want to end up as close as possible.

The name of the trainstation is Nürnberg Frankenstadion. That's five stations after Nürnberg Hbf (i.e. after Nurembergs main station). The S2 will bring you there every half hour. The bus, on the other hand, is the number 44. It runs about every 20 minutes on weekends.

Was there last night. Got an upgrade to a deluxe king side plus (large room), two breakfast vouchers and welcome amenities (i.e. the personal welcome letter, water, fruits, chips and nachos).

All in all I would say good value for money. And the staff were very friendly and professional ^ Would highly recommend this hotel!
Old Jun 7, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum

No shuttle and as a Diamond on an award stay four times in the last two years: No breakfast, no upgrade and sometimes no electricity (they trip the circuit breaker quickly though).

Last edited by kathiel; Jun 7, 2008 at 4:02 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
This place has a really, really good local-style breakfast, tons of salmon, nuts, grains, fresh breads... very rustic, or you can order American style breakfast fresh-made.

It's a bit of a long walking hike from the Messe, if you're going to a convention center gig - I stayed here for a week for an event at the Messe, and it was actually a hassle - no free shuttle, and those euro-exchange cab rides twice a day back and forth kinda got lame quickly. I'd stay on the train line up in town if I were to do it again, and zoom down to the Messe, getting off at the stop right there at the convention center. There's really nothing to eat around the hotel, it's sort of off by itself (other than a Burger King across the street). Very quiet neighborhood, too quiet for me.

Rooms nice, clean, beds good, but no free wi-fi for Diamonds or Golds - not even a free business center computer - which was not cool in my book - with the exchange rate, it was stupid-expensive for internet.

All staff: Desk, breakfast, etc. helpful, pro, and fluent in English.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.