Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Old Dec 29, 2002, 11:24 am

I booked the Conrad at 265 SGD, then a great Hilton E rate came up for the Hilton @ 150 SGD.

I have stayed at the Hilton many times before and find it okay, I like the location to the MRT its just so easy, especially as I have to go back to the airport for a few daily flights to KUL.
Its 5 mins from the hotel.

Plus the staff at the hilton are nice, especially Angeline in Kaspers bar....She is just knock out....
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:17 pm

There is a free shuttle that goes to the city mrt stop that leaves every 10 min from behind the Conrad. It runs 9-6 ck with the bellman for exact times. I like the Conrad the best!
Old Dec 29, 2002, 1:34 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Ferrari,

I'd go with the Conrad all the way!

BTW, they just added Point Stretcher dates. I was able to change my January reservation to 39,000 for 3 nights!
Old Dec 29, 2002, 2:21 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
As a Diamond, I got to use a 6 nite stretcher for 78,000 points........ a real bargin.

------------------
AA member since 1981.
Old Jan 2, 2003, 1:07 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Great stay at the Conrad over Christmas. I booked an executive floor room, ($225 SGD) so I'd be ensured of the lounge, etc. When I arrived, they took me to the exec lounge for check-in and told me as an HHonors Gold member I was upgraded to the Centenial Suite on the 25th floor (1 suite per floor with an OUTSTANDING view). Service was spectacular, was able to get the continental breakfast at delivered to my room at 4:00am as there was no lounge breakfast available before my flight. Yes, a little away from the shopping, but taxi rides were pretty cheap. LOTS of shops and eating near the Conrad, an Outback Steak House nearby, but didnt go there for dinner.

Added note: I stayed the night previous at the Grand Hyatt (am a Diamond) No upgrade there, no "welcome ammenity" and was put in a room facing the Marriotts parking garage and could hear the whine from the exhaust/air conditioning fans all night. Guess where I won't be staying the next time I'm in S'pore...
Old Jan 2, 2003, 2:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I got the Centennial Suite on the 8th floor. Not quite as good a view as the 25th floor would have provided, but we had the lounge for that...
Old Jan 28, 2003, 8:54 pm

Conrad or Hilton, Singapore?

First time in Singapore (apart from the airport), have a three night stay planned. Rewards nights are available for both hotels. Thoughts?
Old Jan 28, 2003, 9:57 pm

Programs: Many
No brainer, Conrad.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by unagi1:
No brainer, Conrad.</font>
Sure, in terms of quality and service, but what about location?
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:34 pm

Ok, I decided not to be lazy and did a search on this forum.. all questions were answered..
Old Jan 29, 2003, 7:26 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

Pay for this trip and take the triple base points at the Conrad.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 10:34 am

Conrad IS wonderful.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 10:22 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Conrad no comparison

------------------
AA member since 1981.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have a good e-mail address for the Conrad? I sent something to the address listed on the Conrad SIN website - but no response after 4 days.

I am checking in PS availibility for an upcoming trip.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2003, 8:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
No contest: stay at the Conrad.

Keep in mind that nothing is very far from anywhere to anywhere in Singapore, and cabs are incredibly cheap. And actually, I prefer Suntec City (where the Conrad is) to Orchard Rd. (where the Hilton is) any day in terms of location to some excellent shopping and dining.

Suntec City mall is huge and I found lots and lots of shops offering similar items as those to be found on Orchard Rd. The arcades at Raffles Hotel, which is a 10 minute walk from the Conrad, had some really unusual items. If you're into beautiful chocolates and comestibles, be sure to check out Thos Raffles at the Raffles Hotel.

And one of the best meals I've ever had was lunch with PremEx at the Longbar Steakhouse at Raffles. For SD$30 you have your choice of entree and free run of the buffet of exquisite salads, all kinds of fin/shell fish, lovely cheeses, fruit and gorgeous desserts. It's a steal of a deal. The wine list is good and reasonably priced. Lunch is served noon to 2 p.m.

La Pau Sat hawker center is a quick cab ride away and is open 24/7. Good cheap eats and yummy food. An order of chili crab, a pile of Nasi Goreng and a pitcher of Tiger beer can be had for a song.

Have a great time. Singapore a perfect three-day getaway.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 02-16-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.