Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Old Jun 20, 2002, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam

I'm speculating here but it looks like the hotel has not loaded any special rates beyond August. Either they don't plan to offer any (doubtful) or they have yet to determine what they will offer.

Try calling them or Emailing them ([email protected]) to see if they have any September special rates yet.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 8:38 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yep seems weird, but discounts are available and it's possibly, at least partly a location thing, as it the old business area at Orchard Rd vs a bit out of the way Conrad on reclaimed land, and just timing!

Again, I'd just stay at the Conrad!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 06-21-2002).]
Old Jun 21, 2002, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I prefer the Conrad myself, but if you want to stay at the Orchard Road Hilton ... don't forget to use the 40% off published rate coupon available at www.friendsofchangi.com
John

------------------
From a kiwi who can fly!
Old Jun 21, 2002, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Do a search because there are dozens of posts on each of these properties and the reasons people prefer one over the other. But there is no concensus of which is "best". In most cases, we have been staying at rates well under S$200 at either property, so the prices you are quoting have seldom been paid by any of us here.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 8:43 pm

Try:

http://www.reliance.com.sg

Its a rate from a travel agent so you won't earn hhonors or air miles, but for SGD$165 nett its very reasonable for the Hilton SIN.

I prefer the Hilton SIN because of its location and proximity to orchard road. However, i've heard amazing reviews about the conrad in SIN. Obviously the conrad in sin is newer. The exec flr lounge in SIN is nice, as is the rooftop pool.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 11:30 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There's also a triple miles rate at the Conrad. It's SG$10 more than the regular rate and you get a room on the upper floor if you're unable to upgrade.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 8:08 am

The Hilton is nice and better positioned for shopping. I'd suggest not making any reservation and booking on arrival at the changi hotel desk - right outside of customes. I remember getting the hilton for 175 Sin. $ which included b/fast and dry cleaning. Similar deals are almost always available because hotels use this avenue to get rid of their excess inventory. 5 stars could be had in the 125-150.
Old Jul 6, 2002, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, WN A-List Pref, MR LT Plat, SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
There's also a triple miles rate at the Conrad. It's SG$10 more than the regular rate and you get a room on the upper floor if you're unable to upgrade.</font>
Spiff, can you be more specific on the triple-miles rate? For my dates (20-22 Sept), I can see a "CONRAD SUPER SAVER (P3)" rate but it doesn't mention anything about triple miles.
Old Jul 7, 2002, 9:34 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by artiem:
... can you be more specific on the triple-miles rate? ... </font>

If I may intrude here, http://www.conradhotels.com/en/ch/sp...tyhocn=SINCICI

but just through 31 August 02 for triple points/miles.
Rich
Old Dec 28, 2002, 12:52 pm

Singapore Hilton Or Conrad.

I have stayed at the Hilton many times and find the MRT location very conveinant.

Does anyone know the location of the MRT to the conrad, ie. walking distance etc.
Also...Any opinions on the conrad.

thanks

Happy new year
Old Dec 28, 2002, 1:34 pm

Id you had not been to Singapore before I would not recommend the Conrad but-
The fact thast you know Singapore and are ued to the MRT. -
I think the closest is under the old Westin which is a bit of a walk. I usually get a $5 cab.
The conrad is much newer and the lounge has a wonderful view and the roms are very well appointed with great big windows.
The staff at the old Hilton are much friendlier and I enjoyed the lounge there but felt a little left out of the world as the windows are small and high.
Price would dictate it for me.sometimes the Conrad is cheaper than the Hilton.

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited 12-28-2002).]
Old Dec 28, 2002, 1:57 pm

we always walk to the mrt from the conrad..to city centre maybe??? but it did take us a few trips to learn how to do it efficiently..the trick is to walk above ground until you get the hang of it..those cavernous malls are VERY confusing and you can end up walking much farther than necessary..after june, when the rankings change we may have to become hilton bunnies, as the conrad is getting its just deserts..
Old Dec 28, 2002, 3:50 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
I agree with the comment about the Malls... they are quite a maze to get around, particularily Suntec. The MRT is actually very close, its just not real convenient to get to because of traffic patterns.

See my post about what I thought of the Conrad staff...... I found them to be AWESOME..

------------------
AA member since 1981.
Old Dec 28, 2002, 5:55 pm

Programs: Many
Others have stated correctly the location of the City Hall MRT station, currently the closest to the Conrad. Another, closer station is currently under construction.

Here's my cut (from memory) as to how to get to City Hall station thru the, and this is the key point, air conditioned underground passageway. You access this on the other side of the Convention Center from the Conrad. Go out the Conrad door on the same side as the lobby (not the side where the doormen are), go past Oscars restaurant and cross the street to the Convention Center. Enter the Convention Center and head diagonally to the left. You will go past a restaurant that is in the lobby. Go outside and on your right will be a bar Balaclava. Go past it and the next bar/restaurant (I forget the name). About 25m ahead is an escalator (down) entrance that you have to step up about 3 or 4 steps to get to. Go down the escalator and just head thru the mall tunnel. Overhead signs will point you towards City Hall/Raffles City/MRT. Its about a 15min walk if you dont stop in any of the stores.

Hope it helps.

Having said all of this, cabs in Singapore are REALLY inexpensive IMHO and well air conditioned IME.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is the biggest drawback of the CONRAD, no direct MRT link. One must walk back to the Raffles City station, a fair hike, or rely on cabs. It is pretty isolated from anything worth walking to, unlike the HILTON. But people who are car oriented find it convenient to their needs. And your kids will love the rubber duck you can bring home...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.