Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Old Jun 9, 2002, 8:50 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
STAM and TBS, thanks for your comments.
Old Jun 9, 2002, 1:24 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
The Hilton Boston Logan Airport is a new hotel, and it does have an executive level, full health club, high speed ethernet access and web tv, etc. I have stayed at the hotel many times, and am pre-blocked in to an executive room 99% of the times both as Gold or Diamond. The hotel recently began to offer a complimentary van shuttle from the property to about 5 stops in downtown Boston. The shuttle runs early in the morning for the rush hour, and then again in the afternoon. While this hotel is at the airport it is very nice, and if you can use the shuttle, etc. to get in to Boston that may work for you. You should check with the hotel regarding hours of the shuttle, etc. The regular shuttle which operates 24x7 will take you to the blue line airport subway, as well as all locations with in the airport i.e. terminals, water shuttle, etc.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 10:44 am

Hilton Boston Back Bay

I stayed there last year, however I was not Gold at the time. I'll be returning in a few weeks, can nyone reccomend particular room numbers that I should request as a Gold?
Old Feb 18, 2003, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I stayed there as a Diamond a few months back and was happy with room 2305. It's not a suite, but rather a nice sized King Nonsmoking room with 2 balconies and a view of the Charles River.

(Edited to add that as a Gold you will hopefully get breakfast coupons as I did. They were good for the very nice buffet. Enjoy!)

[This message has been edited by Westcoaster (edited 02-18-2003).]
Old Feb 19, 2003, 2:19 am

Programs: Nowt
Whoops, wrong thread!

[This message has been edited by Matthew Vandamm (edited 02-19-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:54 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Hilton Boston ack Bay : advices ?

I project to spend a week-end in Boston end of march. HHonors propose to me the Hilton Boston Back Bay (2 nights 60 000 points)

Is it a nice hotel ? Some advices ?

Herve
HH Gold
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Hilton Back Bay Boston is 55,000 points for a 2 night weekend stay. Make sure you use only 55,000 points, not 60,000 points.

Hilton Dedham, MA is not close to downtown Boston, but accessable using the MBTA Engine (and safe) Commuter Rail system. There it is only 45,000 points.

If you're coming in from France and don't know the area well, go with the Hilton Back Bay Boston (and make sure you don't pay *any* of Boston's ridiculous taxes for a free hotel stay).

SHADO
Old Feb 24, 2003, 6:21 pm

I live really close and could ask advice on room selection at the front desk if you like. Though I've never been to Dedham, if you're coming as a tourist, I recommend staying in town. It's close the the Sheraton, Prudential and Copley Plaza malls, Copley Square (old Anglican church, John Hancock Tower, Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, old main public library), subway stations (they call it the "T" here) and you can walk to Newbury St., South End and Back Bay neighbourhoods... You can even walk downtown or to Cambridge if you want. There's a rink at Northeastern (also close) and you can walk to the Symphony, the Museum of Fine Arts, etc. Cheers, Titus
Old Feb 24, 2003, 6:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I like that hotel when I'm in Boston, the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago it was sold out and stayed at the doubletree in Washington, that was good too.

The Hilton is right near most everything you would need including the T as soembody else mentioned, plenty of places to eat, etc.

The only complaint, and it applies to all of Boston, is it can be incredibly cold there so check the weather and be prepared.

Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:44 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Thanks for those informations.
Thanks Titus for this proposition but I've made the reservation anyway. The agent has ask for an upgrade. Wait and see ....
Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:24 pm

Stayed there last weekend. Gold upgrade was automatic (room #s ending in 14 or 15). They don't have an exec floor but breakfast vouchers were offered automatically with a great buffet.

If you don't have much luggage I recommend taking the T-subway to Hynes Convention Center, and from there it is one block to the hotel. Have fun.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 4:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GlobalNomad:
...If you don't have much luggage I recommend taking the T-subway to Hynes Convention Center, and from there it is one block to the hotel.</font>
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Global. However, especially if it's someone's 1st visit to the Hilton, I would not recommend the T from Logan.

To use the T, you need to take a shuttle bus to the T station, a train to the Govt Ctr stop, change trains to the Green Line inbound (but not the Huntington Ave line) and get off at Auditorium. After climbing up the steps you then have to walk 1 block south, then 1 or 2 blocks east (depending how you count), then another 1+ block south to reach the Hilton, and its location is not at all obvious from where you started. It's only a 5-10 minute walk, but easy to get lost on your first try.

Take a taxi, but tell the driver to go via the Williams tunnel - Kneeland/Stuart Street - Huntington, then turning right just after the Pru Ctr parking garage. That turns out to be faster and much cheaper than the frequently-used Storrow Drive route.

Old Mar 27, 2003, 7:02 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Recommendations for Hilton Boston Back Bay

I have a 3-night stay coming up. Any recommended rooms/floors I should request, or avoid? (preferably a King non-smoking).

I am HHonors Gold, so I assume I will get some sort of upgrade. Is there a breakfast in the executive lounge, or will I get breakfast vouchers?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 8:01 pm
Suspended

I know you're going to get the hotel city tax to pay for the big dig. Usually Boston gives very good service, but if you don't get any upgrade coupons or breakfast coupons, ask 'em! Boston thrives for rudeness!
Old Mar 27, 2003, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
No lounge, but when I was there in November they gave me breakfast vouchers good for a very nice buffet. As for a room number recommendation, someone else here asked the same question not too long ago. I looked up the room I had and posted it. If you do a search, you'll no doubt find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.