Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 1999, 4:39 pm
BIM

I stayed at the Back Bay Sheraton earlier this summer, and one of the Towers was completely closed for renovations (appeared massive in scale). Although my particular room wasn't bad, and the location is convenient, it probably bears revisiting once this work is finished (schedule?) to see how the place has changed.
Old Aug 12, 1999, 3:24 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
a bit late for info, but still....
I stayed at Back Bay Hilton many times over past 6-7 yrs (25? 30?), and most of the things described in this thread were true in the past. But I'm a junkie for miles! :-)
REcently, stayed there 4 times (this June-July), and the property and service are much improved. I actually got upgraded twice w/out asking! The suites were new and very nice. Other rooms were barely passable, though.
The prices are sky-high, though, and I continue to have problems getting these stays credited to my HHONORS accnt (so far, 2 of 4 are posted). Don't know if it's hotel's or program's problem.
Just my $0.02 worth.
Old Aug 13, 1999, 6:19 pm

MileJunkie -- Thanks for the additional feedback. You're right -- the hotel has made major efforts to improve their product and service delivery, and will be going through a major renovation later this year. As to the stay tracking issue you described -- could you please e-mail me the specific dates of stay along with your name and account number? We'll research this and identify what the issue is.

Thanks and regards,

Adam
[email protected]
Old Nov 2, 2000, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Hilton Boston Back Bay vs. Four Seasons

I will be in Boston the weekend of the 10th for 2 days. I can get pretty much the same rate for either and figured the 4 seasons, but wanted some input. Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2000, 11:05 am
Original Member

Run, don't walk to the Four Seasons Hotel. The hilton can be an unpleasant experience and the experience at FSH is always exceptional. They also have the best restaurant in town there. To me, it is a no brainer.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Agreed. Book Four Seasons ASAP! I enjoyed having afternoon tea there in view of the Boston Commons.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Thanks. Thats sort of what I thought. I just confirmed the booking.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 4:53 pm

Thanks. Thats sort of what I thought. I just confirmed the booking.
Old Nov 3, 2000, 3:46 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
If you search this forum using "Boston Back Bay", you'll find some very interesting complaint stories. It has been a disliked property for quite some time.

I understand thet they recently refurbished the property. I wonder if they refurbisshed the management and staff.
Old Nov 3, 2000, 7:47 am

How in the world can you get about the same rate at both properties? Generally one can't get into the Four Seasons for less than $500/night, and I can't imagine that the Hilton has the nerve to even set their rack rates at that level!
Old Nov 3, 2000, 7:57 am

The Four Seasons has an Incredible Corporate rate for my company $205 per night for that weekend..
Old Nov 3, 2000, 4:27 pm

WOW! Is that a corporate rate code good at all Four Seasons all year round that you might want to share....
Old Nov 4, 2000, 11:01 am

Bean,

It varies by hotel and time of hear, but that is the rate for my company at that time. As far as giving out the company name, I probabally shouldnt do that, but I'd imagine many companies have a similar rate. If not, e-mail me and maybe I can help you out..

Old Jan 15, 2001, 2:14 pm

Programs: Various
Hilton Boston Back Bay?

Hi Everyone,

I am staying in the above Hilton in March and was wondering:-

a) What is the hotel like?
b) What can I expect as a Hilton Gold VIP?

I ask b) because I'm new to Hilton HHonors, I only just filled in the form for my Card. Any major points I should know about the system, do I need to tell the hotel in advance of my Gold Status?

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Old Jan 15, 2001, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Unless the place has been torn down and put back up in the past two years, it is a dump.

Well, a dump by Hilton standards anyway. It's a convention hotel and not competitive with others in the area. My opinion, we'll see what others say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.