Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Old Jan 15, 2001, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000185.html

Not the first time we've discussed this property...
Old Jan 15, 2001, 4:59 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
I stayed there 18 mos ago or so and I wouldn't do it again! Teensy rooms, old and lackluster - nothing special and not nearly as good as even a Garden Inn.

Great location - lousy hotel.
Old Jan 15, 2001, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Dump is putting it mildly, Stay at the Copley Marriott, much nicer.
Old Jan 16, 2001, 7:54 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Has anyone noted any real improvements here with the scheduled renovations by chance?
Old May 30, 2001, 12:31 pm

any new thoughts. I am considering the Boston Bay Back hotel, or whatever it is called. I want to stay at a Hilton because of the numerous miles offers, GOLD VIP, AMEX, fly on partner carrier, and others
Old May 30, 2001, 12:57 pm

"We have just completed a $19 Million extensive renovation, and now offer all of the services and amenities that modern day travelers expect and enjoy."

Tha was form the website. Do you think it is now better than before? I am Gold VIP, (just like everyone else). Is this place part of HHonors, and will I probably get an upgrade.
Old May 31, 2001, 1:08 pm

Does anyone have more info?
Old Jun 2, 2001, 12:53 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Stam4Nick,

I'll be curious to find out about this property as well. I just got my bid accepted at Priceline for $72/night for 2 weeknights next week. Hotels in Boston/Cambridge area are almost full and downtown locations are almost $200/nights since it is graduation week.
Will certainly let you know...

Unfortunately no HHonor points for my stay!
Old Jun 2, 2001, 7:03 pm

That's too bad. No points!

Well I am beginnning to consider the Four Seasons, or maybe the Ritz Carlton (but one seems to be closing and another opening and there are no rooms availabe) Only because I get gaurenteed 12N check-in with my AMEX PLT card. I am Gold VIP, would that help get in at like 9 AM? I have to check-in early and get my room, and I know that US hotels often charge for an extra night if you need your room before the normal time.

The price is big leap in BOS, and I am surprised as I found a good rate (under 300 for me) in DC at 4 Seasons for dates in the same week of my BOS trip.

The only reason I would pick a Hilton is becuase of my status and all of the point offers they have. So if no 4 Seasons of Ritz Carlton, then to the Hilton, and I better get that upgrade
Old Jun 3, 2001, 10:51 am

Programs: OnePass = Lifetime Silver
Stayed at Hilton Boston BB just a few weeks ago and was impressed with property. Received Gold upgrade for myself and companion. Breakfast was OK but nothing special.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 9:26 am

Stayed there last April. I originally was a little reluctant in doing so. This was due to many very negative comments on here. I did so anyway, as I did note that a refurbishment had taking place.

Being Gold, I was upgraded to a high floor, corner room which didn't have too much extra space than normal, but did offer a very windowy look at south Boston. The bathroom, had no tub, but a double-headed shower stall, which was very nice.

Got breakfast coupons, but elected to spend them in the coffee shop/bar area of the lobby.

Staff was very pleasant, the interior of the hotel did feel fresh, in most places. I think the pool area/workout room felt a little dated.

Despite what others may have said over the past couple years, I would recommend this hotel if you get a reasonable rate.

Ironically, people complaned that there was a separate Gold/Diamond check in area, that was never staffed. I think this has been turned into a small lobby store. That works well, as the reception staff can work its register.

Old Jun 4, 2001, 11:51 am

I skimmed through the list and saw that no
one mentioned the double tree in cambridge.
Nice property, and a short walk from harvard
AND you can earn HHonor pts ! They also
have a good jaz club there .
Old Jun 4, 2001, 7:42 pm

I stayed at the Back Bay Hilton last year and had a great experience. I was upgraded to a corner room on a high floor and given breakfast coupons, all without asking. I remember thinking the front desk attendant was very professional and friendly. The lobby was recently redone. My room was furnished very smartly. I also remember the two headed shower as well, which I well preferred to a tub. The location is also great being just a bit out of Copley and near Fenway. You can walk to many things and take the subway to the rest.

All in all, had a great experience and would stay again. As a matter of fact, I am staying there again in early August, so I hope they're just as good.

I also stayed at the Cambridge Doubletree Suites about a month ago. Service was fair, but had to complain about my shoebox of a room and ask for breakfast coupons. After that they put me in a Suite on the top floor. The hotel is modern and the rooms nice. The hotel is a bit out of the way though. About a 10 minute walk to the T.

Hope you have a great trip whereever you end up!
Old Jun 9, 2001, 7:44 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
I just completed my stay at Hilton Back Bay Boston.
I would certainly recommend it to anyone. Despite all the negative comments a few years back, they had done a great job with their interior renovations. No bad smell or whatsoever. I was very impressed with the property actually.
Even though I got my reservation through Priceline, the front desk agent was nice enough to give me certificates for free breakfast considering I'm a Gold VIP member, plus a room on the higher floors....with a bath tub!! :-)
Stam4Nick, in case you're reading this post, go ahead with your plan to stay at this Hilton property!!
I, myself, will certainly be a repeat guest in the future.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 6:49 am

Back Bay Boston, tips/suggestions

I will be staying at the Back Bay Boston for a week. I am a Gold VIP. Are there any room numbers to specifically request? How good are they at upgrades or breakfast's. Do they have a seperate check-in for GOLD VIP members? I specifically want information about the rooms. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.