Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by san888
Don't care about Fenway!!!!!

Hey - I put in the disclaimer there's no games when I'm there!

If I'm going to book a stay to look at an empty ballpark, Baltimore Hilton rules - the E-lounge looks down over the Orioles stadium, best seats "in" the house.

Boston, I'm going to call Diamond desk, switch from Back Bay to FD, walking distance to Fanuiel Hall and the water taxi to airport seals the deal. Crap. Back Bay better property, FD better location.

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; Jul 11, 2011 at 11:10 pm
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Hey - I put in the disclaimer there's no games when I'm there!

If I'm going to book a stay to look at an empty ballpark, Baltimore Hilton rules - the E-lounge looks down over the Orioles stadium, best seats "in" the house.

Boston, I'm going to call Diamond desk, switch from Back Bay to FD, walking distance to Fanuiel Hall and the water taxi to airport seals the deal. I'd stay a couple days in each/split the stay, but AXON is 42,500 a night, which is high enough...
I agree with you on Baltimore, great view from lounge. Enjoy Boston!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
The Back Bay Hilton does NOt have suites, just regular rooms.
This is incorrect. The property has some great suites; I've stayed in a few of them.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Has anyone taken the T from BOS to this property?

I'm getting 2 different options--
--airport shuttle to Blue to Green, walk .3 mile
--Silver line to Gvt Center, to Back Bay station, then walk

My flight is arriving around 11pm on Friday night. From what I remember the Boston T runs until ~12:30am. Would one option be better than the other? Or should I just do a cab (according to the hotel's website around $40).
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
We took a cab from BOS in October in light traffic and the fare turned out to be $34 plus tip. The return fare was only $23 plus tip, apparently due to not having as many tolls, fees, whatever.

As far as taking the T, hopefully others who have done it at that hour can help you out. When we took the T during the day we preferred the T stop in the Prudential Center over the Hynes stop because the Prudential Center stop is "accessible", with escalators and elevators to help you out. As I recall the Hynes stop is all stairs, which might be an issue if you have luggage. The Back Bay stop would be more of a walk so that depends on your preference.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Pics and short review of Hilton Boston Back Bay.

I have stayed before a few years ago now and as I hadn't seen any recent reviews thought I would post some comments and pics.

Taxi from BOS Logan airport to the Back bay hotel was $ 27 including tolls.

Friendly service and staff even though the hotel is busy and full. I asked politely if I could check in early (12 Noon) and after checking a room was ready they speedily had me on my way. ^

The hotel has a bar and restaurant area as well as a coffee shop in the lobby. There is no exec lounge but there is a room for Gold and Diamonds to eat free (basically a continental with some hot items) just off the main restaurant area and I was handed some vouchers to use for this or use in the main restaurant towards a full buffet breakfast for an additional $ 10 upgrade fee (as per the sticky on breakfasts in Hiltons for Gold or Diamonds).

The hotel is very well situated for any activities downtown and for this reason is quite expensive, although as mentioned, the service from staff is great.

The room is fine and typical of a Hilton in the US, one very good thing is that all of the windows in the rooms here open so you can get fresh air instead of being in an air conditioned box but the noise levels are high so not recommended for sleeping.

The room is in good condition and everything works. As mentioned there are no bathrobes but I will call down and ask if they can bring one up (nor slippers).

I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking:

Floorplan 20th floor by BA_pics, on Flickr

Entrance by BA_pics, on Flickr

Room 2018 by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bed by BA_pics, on Flickr

TV and desk area by BA_pics, on Flickr

(sorry about the blurry photo of the fridge):

fridge still available by BA_pics, on Flickr

Closet no bathrobe by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sink by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathtub by BA_pics, on Flickr

view from window that opens! by BA_pics, on Flickr

view to water by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope this helps anyone thinking of staying here in the future.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I have a 5 night stay here coming up in about two week. used at Cat 7 AXON award, it doesn't appear the hotel is a cat 6 due to the property itself, but uses the location to justify it.

Last edited by colpuck; Jul 12, 2012 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:22 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Noticed some posters on this thread were asking where the breakfast area was for Gold and Diamonds...so took some pics to help those looking in future.

The name of the breakfast room for Gold and Diamonds is indeed called 'Diamond Lounge' and it is just to the left of the entrance when you walk into the restaurant (where the podium is in the first picture).

You can really only go left or right, so right you have the full restaurant and pay additional to have it or left as mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Entrance to Restaurant at BBB Hilton by BA_pics, on Flickr

Diamond Lounge Breakfast area BBB Hilton by BA_pics, on Flickr

As to the CAT the hotel is in...I would tend to agree with you but I am not really that aware of what makes any hotel one category over another...location is great though.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
To add to recent updates to this thread.

I stayed for a couple of nights recently and found the pool and gym to be clean, tidy and well equipped. The indoor pool is OK for actual swimming rather than just splashing about and is generously sized for an indoor pool in a city centre.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:09 pm

Family finished a two week last minute unexpected stay here. We had a standard room on a high floor. The beds were a little squishy. The rooms were quiet. The lounge is nice and elite breakfast is continental and very good. The location is excellent, with the Prudential mall and T access next door. The pool is good for a big city, as noted by others. Starbucks in the lobby.

The people at the hotel were amazing. From the bell men to the night manager, they treated us like friends. Living in a city hotel as a family for two weeks is not ideal. The staff did everything they could to make it easy. I don't know how this translates to a one or two night business stay, but everyone we encountered was not just friendly but genuinely decent. Maybe there are Boston hotels where upgrades are better or lounge offerings and view better. I probably will never find out, because this property has my loyalty.

Last edited by lkar; Oct 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
I agree with the previous poster, the staff here are unusually helpful and friendly, and my upgrade to a corner room this week was lovely.

I'm *wood Lifetime Platinum, and a mere HHonors Gold, but I get better value and treatment from the Hilton Back Bay than I do from the Sheraton Boston just across the street.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:14 pm

Is it worth trying to squeeze in an AXON stay at this hotel or one of the other Boston Hilton/DT properties for 145K points/4 nights? After the devaluation hotel will go from 50K to 60K and no AXON. Nightly rates are about $285 excl. taxes for my dates. I am not seeing any decent options in Hotwire for less than $220 per night. Alternative would be to save the points and hope to find a use for them after the devaluation. I'm just not very familiar with Boston and don't know if this is a decent use of points, or if there's a better value 3+ star hotel for cash outside the Hilton chain that is central for sightseeing, clean, quiet and not claustrophobic.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msc75
Is it worth trying to squeeze in an AXON stay at this hotel or one of the other Boston Hilton/DT properties for 145K points/4 nights? After the devaluation hotel will go from 50K to 60K and no AXON. Nightly rates are about $285 excl. taxes for my dates. I am not seeing any decent options in Hotwire for less than $220 per night. Alternative would be to save the points and hope to find a use for them after the devaluation. I'm just not very familiar with Boston and don't know if this is a decent use of points, or if there's a better value 3+ star hotel for cash outside the Hilton chain that is central for sightseeing, clean, quiet and not claustrophobic.
I guess I think it's worth it since that's exactky what I just did for the Hilton FD. I know Boston, went to school there and worked there and am going back to visit friends and family in June. I've stayed at the Hilton FD on business back when it was a Windham. IMHO the location is much better than the Back Bay if... If you're looking for historic Boston, the harbor and the North End restaurants, If OTOH you're looking for a shopping trip, the Back Bay is a better choice. Having said that, it's probably a 20 minute subway ride between the two and a very pleasant stroll if the weather is nice. Boston is a great town for walking.

The old Windham was, well, a bit old and I'm not sure Hilton spruced up the FD property all that much; especially seeing that the BB Hilton is a relatively new building.

If you go, no matter where you stay, have a drink at the Top of The Hub in the Prudential Center (right next to the BB Hilton) and go at dusk.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:53 pm

Thank you very much for the tips! When I was researching last night for some reason I focused on BB Hilton and DT downtown and didn't put Hilton FD on my shortlist, and now I can't remember why. I might have seen some discouraging reviews on Trip Advisor. It's good to get a positive endorsement from an FT'er.

Originally Posted by walttom
it's probably a 20 minute subway ride between the two and a very pleasant stroll if the weather is nice. Boston is a great town for walking.
Did you mean a 20 minute walk? If it's a pleasant stroll but a 20 min subway ride, they must have the slowest trains in Boston
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I'm not sure when you're looking to go but I paid $89 for a Saturday night in Jan. I would guess it might be more in the summer. I thought the hotel was alright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.