Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Using fifth night free internationally?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

Hello, I have been unsuccessful at trying to figure out if there is a limitation that the "fifth night free" must be used in the USA. Are there limits on using it internationally? I've actually never used it at all, because I never had enough points before, but have recently done some of the big bonus credit cards and am now looking at vacation options...any BTDTs? Thank you!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
There are no limitations on where it can be used. Try booking your preferred hotel on points for 5 nights and the correct points will display.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:50 pm

Yes. Did that internationally and the points are averaged automatically. No difference whatsoever.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much!!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
There are no limitations on where it can be used. Try booking your preferred hotel on points for 5 nights and the correct points will display.
Yeah, what will happen is if your hotel is 50k points per night, when you search for a 5 day booking, the points per night will drop to 40k, so instead of 250k it will be 200k, so in essence 5th night free.

It isn't obvious when you're trying to book it unless you know how Hilton.com will respond.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

That is very helpful, and thank you for saying it's not obvious so I feel less silly. I'm going to try that now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.