Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is Embassy Suites 2 Room Suite = 1 Bedroom?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Embassy Suites 2 Room Suite = 1 Bedroom?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
I think it's confusing. When you read a description of a house, it never says 8 rooms. it says 3 bedrooms or something. that doesn't mean 1 bedroom plus living room plus family room.
And why should hotel descriptions and house descriptions be the same?

This suite has two rooms. That is what it advertised. I also suspect the room descriptions states the number of beds in the suite.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Embassy Suites has been around for at least three decades with a remarkably consistent suite set-up, I am admittedly a bit surprised there is confusion about what a typical suite consists of.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque
Embassy Suites has been around for at least three decades with a remarkably consistent suite set-up, I am admittedly a bit surprised there is confusion about what a typical suite consists of.
+1. This is definitely an odd thread.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:15 pm

delete
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tda1986
And why should hotel descriptions and house descriptions be the same?

This suite has two rooms. That is what it advertised. I also suspect the room descriptions states the number of beds in the suite.
It was someone else who used the house analogy, not me.

But this is confusing because most hotels would say a 2 bedroom suite. That would imply 2 separate bedrooms with living room. If I'm looking for somewhere to stay with say 2 kings + sofa bed, that is very different than 1 king + sofa bed. Not all room descriptions in hotels say how many beds or bathrooms are included (not unique to embassy suites). I've had MANY times (including coming up which I haven't yet) where I need to call and ask which is a pain. i wish all hotels would say how many beds of what size and how many bathrooms are in every single room. I wish there was a hotel version of seatguru
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
I don't find it confusing but could see how someone might question it. In my opinion, the room descriptions are pretty accurate.

I've stayed in ES two room suites (separate bedroom with door to living room area), and I've stayed in ES 2 bedroom/2 bath suites (noted as such, inclusive of number, as size, of beds). The 2/2 had the living room/dining room in between and included the queen sofa bed. I also find that the 2/2 option is not always listed on the booking site (maybe because it's unavailable or doesn't exist in that particular ES).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

You guys must be a real sad joke. Since when did terminology like "2 room" suite, which is actually ONE bedroom become standard?

Tell me in what universe except ES do people describe things like that? Homewood Suites list their suites as 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom. When I go apartment hunting, it lists it as 1-bedroom apartment.

I have NEVER seen things described as "2 room" until I started searching on ES. If my apartment tried to rent me a "2 room" apartment and it turned out to be a 1-bedroom, you can be sure that's misrepresentation right there.

I'm just lucky that I thought about it a little... because even the "base" ES room was 2-bedroom?! How can that be? Surprise surprise, they actually meant ONE bedroom suites.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:42 pm

It is easy to look at the pictures and description on Hilton.com or Booking.com and book the type suite one wants. There's enough information to make clear that two rooms means a living room and one bedroom. You can choose a king bed or two doubles (or sometimes two queens) in the bedroom, and there's a sofa bed in the living room. Some Embassy Suites also have three room suites with a living room and two bedrooms. I have also seen, but rarely, a one room studio suite.

Last edited by Tizzette; Oct 25, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.