Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place {US-MA}

I just was looking to try to stay in the Marriott near Gillette Stadium for a Patriots game and came across a reference to a new HGI opening there. I haven't seen any reference before to this hotel, and it's not in the new hotel sticky. Is this a rebrand of an existing hotel or new construction? They say they are taking reservations effective 12/1.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Brand new. Looked pretty close to completion when I was there about a month ago.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:03 pm

Location: Columbus, OH - AA Executive Platinum / SWA A-List Preferred / HHonors Diamond / Hertz President's Circle
It's open now - stayed there last week. VERY nice!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
My friends and I were at Gillette for the Seahawks game this past weekend. The HGI @ Patriot place looks quite nice. It was not bookable when we made our travel arrangements earlier this year. Very convenient for a nights stay after an evening game.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Just stayed here for one night before a Patriots game. We have done the same a few times at the Renaissance next door -- we love being able to stay near the stadium and just wake up and watch the crowds roll in before the game. It's nice to have another option. I had a free night certificate from the Hilton Citi card to use, and while this wasn't maximum value the regular rate for a game night was about $400 or 50,000 points, so well worth the annual fee on my card.

Location cannot be beat for Gillette Stadium events. The Renaissance is a bit fancier, but the HGI was pretty nice too. The Renaissance has a much nicer breakfast in a true restaurant while the HGI breakfast area is smaller and so there was a bit of a line, but the HGI was fine -- mostly a small buffet and they will cook you eggs to order. Breakfast was free because I am Diamond -- the cash cost was about $20 or so. Breakfast is more expensive at the Renaissance, and more crowded, but it is in a proper restaurant, and there were some nice touches (like a personal smoothie and stuff). If you like the fanciness vibe, the Ren is better.

I talked my way into a stadium view. It seems to be a separate category, because she initially told me I didn't have a stadium view rate, and I wasn't offered a stadium view for online check in. (The stadium side is the odd numbered rooms. Floor three has a partial view above some rooftops but floors four and five look directly on to the stadium, which is kind of nice in the morning.) One downside of the stadium view is that on Saturday nights before the game, there is music out in the Patriots Place area under the window until about midnight or so -- the room had decent soundproofing, but the even side of the hotel would likely be more quiet.

The room was pretty close to new. Nice beds, good shower, fridge and microwave in the room and a little store that sold snacks and drinks and microwave food in the lobby. There is a CVS right across the street if you want to pick up some drinks or whatever without driving. Front desk staff was very friendly.

Parking during events is valet only, and like the Renaissance it is $50 overnight for the night before the game. No problem retrieving the car late the next night after the game.

If money is no object, the Renaissance is the nicer hotel, but for a points stay, I value 50,000 Hilton points less than 45,000 Marriott (15,000 SPG). If you have equivalent status at each, I don't think the extra premium for points is worth it. Cancellation policy at the HGI is a little better -- 21 days for events, while the Renaissance is 30 days.

I found booking at the HGI much easier -- the Renaissance I think plays some games with room categories to make it harder to book points stays for Patriots games and often you need to book 6 months in advance. It seemed like the HGI, except for the stadium view rooms, made points rooms available pretty freely, but that may be because the hotel is still so new and so people don't know it's an option yet. As between the two, I would be more than happy with either.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Just had another nice stay, but made a rookie mistake.

I'm not used to HGIs that charge for breakfast. The few I've stayed in have a breakfast room and some stuff, but this one has an actual restaurant and it's actually quite pricey. As a result of my lack of experience, I forgot that at HGI, diamonds have to choose breakfast or points, and so when I checked in late at night, and the desk person said, "I have you preference set to points," I didn't realize that meant I needed to pay for breakfast and said yes.

Again, a rank rookie mistake. Not a cheap one at this place, as it turns out! But I did get my 750 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.