10 years membership

Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

10 years membership

Hi all, this is actually my 10th year of membership with HH. Did any of you receive a sort of gift (such as free pts) for the 10th year?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by batrm
Hi all, this is actually my 10th year of membership with HH. Did any of you receive a sort of gift (such as free pts) for the 10th year?
Almost 20 years here. Never seen a gift for an anniversary of membership.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
If you have 1000 paid nights in addition to the 10 years then you will receive a gift. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...fications.html
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
If you have 1000 paid nights in addition to the 10 years then you will receive a gift. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...fications.html
Only if they have been Diamond for 10 years along with those 1000 paid nights.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Baze
Only if they have been Diamond for 10 years along with those 1000 paid nights.
Well, of course, I was just trying to provide the OP with a response that actually identifies when the number of years of membership is relevant. The details including the membership level required for that 10 years can be discovered by the OP in that thread.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Well, of course, I was just trying to provide the OP with a response that actually identifies when the number of years of membership is relevant. The details including the membership level required for that 10 years can be discovered by the OP in that thread.
Never mind

Last edited by Baze; Sep 3, 2016 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:11 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Come on, guys — you are both valuable members of FlyerTalk who provide useful information — including in this discussion.

There is no need to post like it is 1999 — you know — the year both of you joined as members of FlyerTalk...?
There is otherwise no formal recognition on milestone memberships of being a member of the Hilton HHonors program, batrm — not even an e-mail message — but I know that the good people over on the Hilton HHonors team read FlyerTalk; and perhaps a simple acknowledgement might be a good idea.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Canarsie
There is no need to post like it is 1999 — you know — the year both of you joined as members of FlyerTalk...?
Shucks, even I-- the relative newbie (2007)-- know better than that.

There is otherwise no formal recognition on milestone memberships of being a member of the Hilton HHonors program, batrm — not even an e-mail message — but I know that the good people over on the Hilton HHonors team read FlyerTalk; and perhaps a simple acknowledgement might be a good idea.
I agree, simple recognition would be a nice touch and cost HH essentially nothing. ISTR getting a note from MR on my 10th anniversary with them not too long ago.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I agree, simple recognition would be a nice touch and cost HH essentially nothing. ISTR getting a note from MR on my 10th anniversary with them not too long ago.
I think this is a no-win situation. Just as many people would complain that an email without a gift is insulting. For example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...etty-lame.html
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:04 am
Original Poster

thx everyone for your help
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
OP, FWIW, congrats on the 10 year anniversary, I believe you are one year ahead of me so were smarter in terms of joining the <Hilton> program(s) game earlier! ^

(Rather stupidly I had been travelling for many years before I woke up and joined some of the programs so lost out on way too many points and miles but better late then never eh?

May your 10th anniversary travels with Hilton take you someplace new and interesting and may you enjoy it to the maximum when it does!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come on, guys — you are both valuable members of FlyerTalk who provide useful information — including in this discussion.

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Shucks, even I-- the relative newbie (2007)-- know better than that.
Never mind

Last edited by Baze; Sep 3, 2016 at 11:47 am
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:52 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Baze
Wow, just try to expand on some information to help out the OP and it turns into a bash fest, even from a moderator.
Please read again what I wrote.

Calling you a valuable member of FlyerTalk is hardly a bash.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please read again what I wrote.

Calling you a valuable member of FlyerTalk is hardly a bash.
Never mind

Last edited by Baze; Sep 3, 2016 at 11:47 am
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm into my 13th year, never received anything. Though I'm hardly surprised, all I got from AA was an email when I hit 20 years there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.