Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana {CRI}

Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana {CRI}

Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana {CRI}

Two stays (six and two nights, respectively) on points as HHD.

Pre-arrival. I was contacted by the hotel via a standard e-mail. I didn't react until the last minute, sending an e-mail from the airport just before the TATL flight in order to arrange a car pickup from SJO: it worked out very well with very short response times ($30 fixed rate).

Arrival. Entrance level consists of elevator and concierge desk. Lobby is on the 13th floor. No upgrade. Voucher booklet with vouchers for the hotel restaurant, the pharmacy across the street, two cafes located in the same building). When we arrived back for the second stay, we were greeted with great enthusiasm as returning guests.

Room. 19th floor. Nice room with fridge and lots of space. Iron, ironing board, good amount of hangers, coffee maker. Views across the city and the stadium. We were happy with the room and used OLCI to select the same room upon our return.

Area. In the same building, you have Cosi and Juan Valdez. Across the street, a pharmacy, Pane y Vino, and a supermarket called 'Fresh Market'. Parque La Sabana is right next to the hotel; the city centre is walkable (about 30-40 minutes).

Gym & pool. The pool is an outside pool that can be quite cold when there are strong winds (rather small). Gym is not great but OK (mostly cardio). 14th floor.

Breakfast. Starts at 6am (that's important for many of the day tours offered as they tend to start very early). Good selection at HGI standard. Soy milk had to be requested and it was an issue during one morning.

Garden Grill & Bar. From Wednesday to Friday, the bar has a small buffet: everyone who orders a drink can take some snacks (similar to an Executive Lounge). The buffet is located right next to the reception. At the restaurant there are some, but few vegetarian options; portions are very large: even the starters were too large for dinner for us.

Tour desk. The tour desk is staffed by Greyline Tours and we found the desk agents to be very inflexible: they only offer their fixed tours and are challenged by individual requests. When we asked for private tours, they gave very strange suggestions. That's particularly odd since the FD arranges private tours with a local taxi company. So, we arranged our tours via the FD.

Departure. Given late checkout (2pm). Very friendly check-out ("we got so used to seeing you around that it will be strange without you"). Arranged taxi to the airport; fixed price $25.

Summary. Very nice hotel. I am certain to go back if I am staying in San Jose again. At a price of 20,000 points per night, this is an incredibly good value for points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.