Hilton Price Match Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honours, British Airways
Hilton Price Match Guarantee

Could do with some help.

I am a Hilton Honours diamond member.

Booked Conrad Dubai for 4 days in Sept and Hilton Abu Dhabi for 6 days.

Have since found the exact same room on travelrepublic for less than half the price.

Have put a claim in with Hilton which has been rejected saying -

"Thank you for submitting a ‘Best Price Guarantee’ claim for your upcoming reservation at the Hilton Abu Dhabi. I have taken the liberty to review your reservation, as well as, the rate available on travelrepublic.com.
We could not validate your claim, as reservations via travelrepublic.com are not instantly confirmed and may take up to 1h before a confirmation is issued. This suggests that the website is a wholesaler and has specially negotiated rates.

Link to T&C's"

I've challenged this and had a response saying -

"Thank you for your reply.
I reviewed your claim again and I need to reiterate that we are not in a position to approve it, based on the Terms & Conditions shared below by my colleague.

We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause to you, but we must adhere to our policies to remain fair to all our guests."

I could just cancel with Hilton and then book through travelrepublic but think I won't get points/upgrades etc.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...5-onwards.html for the ongoing thread on BRG, including recent posts from people complaining about the "not instantly confirmed" rejection.

Mods should probably merge this post into the other BRG thread.

Neil
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Forget it, it is like a scam!

In future I will book all my Hamptons via Broker with Cashback, because breakfast is there included. I will only make 30 stays directly - and no one more. I had a very bad experience with the BRG-Team: no response within 24 hours, flimsy excuses. It is a shame for HHonors!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree, you will get nowhere with Hilton BRG. Don't waste more time on this.

Cancel your bookings (provided that your reservations are not prepaid or paid yet) and book with Travelrepublic.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Points and upgrade is not worth twice the price.

Price guarantee are almost always a scam to me. 90% of it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.