Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Diamond (UK) - Account mysteriously closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HH Diamond (UK) - Account mysteriously closed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Maybe look at the virtual card on your account when logged in?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:48 am

Doesn't tell you on there either

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Maybe look at the virtual card on your account when logged in?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Had the same issue, 20 minutes on the phone with the Diamond line and it got solved. Apparently, my account was frozen due to fraudulent activity, but I had not done anything against the T&Cs.
Had one stay at the hilton Berlin on a travel industry discount which I was entitled to use, maybe that triggered it, who knows
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:54 pm

Glad to hear all is well for the OP, and glad to be proven wrong and that he wasn't sworn to secrecy by the hhonors powers that be. ^
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by papyPiHi
... Apparently, my account was frozen due to fraudulent activity, but I had not done anything against the T&Cs.
Had one stay at the hilton Berlin on a travel industry discount which I was entitled to use, maybe that triggered it, who knows
So is using a rate you are not entitled to enough to get your account closed? What about everybody using the MVP rates and US Olympics rates and so on?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by druck
So is using a rate you are not entitled to enough to get your account closed? What about everybody using the MVP rates and US Olympics rates and so on?
MVP and Olympic rates are publicly available rates with very little requirements. MVP requires you to book through the MVP site or have the code. I do not believe there are any other requirements.

The Olympic rate requires you to be a member of a sports organization. Very easy to do. I am a member of 2 but TBH, have never been asked to show proof. However, I am prepared if asked.

If you use a travel industry or Hilton employee or other company discount code, etc. to which you are not entitled, that may get your account closed. You will definitely be forced to pay rack rack if you are caught at the time of check-in.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
MVP and Olympic rates are publicly available rates with very little requirements. MVP requires you to book through the MVP site or have the code. I do not believe there are any other requirements.

The Olympic rate requires you to be a member of a sports organization. Very easy to do. I am a member of 2 but TBH, have never been asked to show proof. However, I am prepared if asked.

If you use a travel industry or Hilton employee or other company discount code, etc. to which you are not entitled, that may get your account closed. You will definitely be forced to pay rack rack if you are caught at the time of check-in.
If I use a travel industry rate (which I am entitled to) will I still get my HH benefits?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gallagher
If I use a travel industry rate (which I am entitled to) will I still get my HH benefits?
Yes. I use the rate quite frequently. You won't get points but you should get your benefits. At both the Hilton Beijing and London Wembley I got upgraded to an executive room as a gold and got full benefits while on a highly discounted travel industry rate.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by travelinfoo

Isn't it the other way around? The MVP rate, which is usually a larger discount off the BAR, specifies membership of a sporting association whereas the Olympic rates do not specify any membership?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
This happened to my dad after doing the recent status match, which I told him about after doing it successfully myself. He received the 'Congratulations!' email, then his account was closed with no notice on June 24th. After later realizing he couldn't access his account & wasn't getting benefits at hotels, he called customer service on July 11th & they said his account was closed due to 'Suspicious Activity.' At the phone rep's request he then sent a polite email to HHW Loss Prevention department requesting that his account be reopened. A 'Member Services Coordinator' replied back with the T&C & said, "Your HHonors account was closed for Terms and Conditions violations due to the documentation that was sent in for the tier match status. The information was unable to be verified as a valid account." He's tried to call that person directly & they won't let him through, & I believe they stopped responding to emails.

I completely understand removing accounts of people who truly cheated on the status match, but it seems unfair to not even give customers a chance to offer further verification. My father absolutely did not photoshop the documentation, & the IHG account he used for the verification is exactly as he reported it on the status match.

He's been a Hilton Honors member for years, probably as long as the program has been around, and had over 150,000 points currently. I'm certain that either by calling the Diamond line or working with the rep on here he'll be able to get the account re-instated, I'm just flabbergasted that they're ok treating loyal customers like this & as I mentioned, wouldn't bother to look at his history with Hilton & give him a chance to provide more verification for the status match if they weren't satisfied with what he submitted initially.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Yes. I use the rate quite frequently. You won't get points but you should get your benefits. At both the Hilton Beijing and London Wembley I got upgraded to an executive room as a gold and got full benefits while on a highly discounted travel industry rate.
Same here, the rate does not give points but allows to get full benefits according to your status
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Very glad to know HH helped you regain your account. I believe that the status eligibility runs on a calendar year, so 12/31/16 you'll need to have qualified 'on your own' with Hilton.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
This happened to my dad after doing the recent status match, which I told him about after doing it successfully myself. He received the 'Congratulations!' email, then his account was closed with no notice on June 24th. After later realizing he couldn't access his account & wasn't getting benefits at hotels, he called customer service on July 11th & they said his account was closed due to 'Suspicious Activity.' At the phone rep's request he then sent a polite email to HHW Loss Prevention department requesting that his account be reopened. A 'Member Services Coordinator' replied back with the T&C & said, "Your HHonors account was closed for Terms and Conditions violations due to the documentation that was sent in for the tier match status. The information was unable to be verified as a valid account." He's tried to call that person directly & they won't let him through, & I believe they stopped responding to emails.

I completely understand removing accounts of people who truly cheated on the status match, but it seems unfair to not even give customers a chance to offer further verification. My father absolutely did not photoshop the documentation, & the IHG account he used for the verification is exactly as he reported it on the status match.

He's been a Hilton Honors member for years, probably as long as the program has been around, and had over 150,000 points currently. I'm certain that either by calling the Diamond line or working with the rep on here he'll be able to get the account re-instated, I'm just flabbergasted that they're ok treating loyal customers like this & as I mentioned, wouldn't bother to look at his history with Hilton & give him a chance to provide more verification for the status match if they weren't satisfied with what he submitted initially.
I'm an Advocate on Chris Elliott's Help Forums. In a case like this, we usually advise a polite, concise letter to HHonors laying out the situation and asking for it to be corrected. If there's suspected fraud, it will be difficult to deal with this on the phone; better to have some documentation to back up his claim that his status match docs were authentic.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsn55
I'm an Advocate on Chris Elliott's Help Forums. In a case like this, we usually advise a polite, concise letter to HHonors laying out the situation and asking for it to be corrected. If there's suspected fraud, it will be difficult to deal with this on the phone; better to have some documentation to back up his claim that his status match docs were authentic.
Thanks for your response. Oddly enough I stumbled upon a post on the Elliott forums where Hilton shutdown a person's account for different reasons before I found this FT thread. My dad hasn't had any luck getting through on the phone, but the HHonors rep on here did reach out to me. We'll try to get his account re-instated through the rep, so hopefully this ordeal can be over with soon.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
And to the original poster, who asked how long status is valid for. Usually, Hilton's status is valid through the end of the year, so 12/31/2016. However, if you did the status match like many of us (when it was pushed earlier this year I think), that status match is good through March 31, 2017. Not quite sure why they picked March, but that's what the email I still have says.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.