Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Hi,

I did a search but could not find details.

I was checking prices for the Hong kong Conrad for a stay in November 2016 and this hotel also came up in the search;

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...SGI/index.html

Look like it is scheduled to open in Nov 16

From the map it looks like it is close to the Olympic MTR station

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I was checking prices for the Hong kong Conrad for a stay in November 2016 and this hotel also came up in the search;

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...SGI/index.html

Look like it is scheduled to open in Nov 16

From the map it looks like it is close to the Olympic MTR station
Nice find!

Looks to me like it's half way in between Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei MTR. Definitely an interesting location - nothing posh about it, but certainly heart of Hong Kong with a very local feel.

I doubt it will stay Cat 4 for long.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:50 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Very nice to get more Hilton properties in HK!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Finally!!

Some more info here: http://www.aedas.com/en/interiors/hi...en-inn-mongkok
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond

I have to comment that I had never heard of this hotel until I was doing NYC hotel rate searches this evening and some it show up even though its obviously in Hong Kong.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
East of Nathan RoadMy map has it just East of Nathan Road below the Souther end of La

My map has it just East of Nathan Road below the Southern end of Ladies Market. E2 from Mong Kok and a very crowded locale at weekends and in the evening.

It is barely 10 minutes away from a Holiday Inn Express which due to fierce local competition is currently down to HK$560 most nights if booked on the day of stay.

Certainly a useful IHG addition if only to temper some of the over pricing of HK IHG hotels - notably the Kowloon East ones and The CP Causeway Bay.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:26 am
alc

This HGI @ HK was actually mention by paul00 in the joining/leaving thread in Dec 2015:

post #1027

As Modo mentioned, it is very close to the HIX Mong Kok, 1 street north as per Google Map.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Miesque

I have to comment that I had never heard of this hotel until I was doing NYC hotel rate searches this evening and some it show up even though its obviously in Hong Kong.
Lol! Same thing happened to me. I'm excited though - I've booked my Dec 2016 stay at IHG properties. Depending on the rates, I might switch to get free brekkie with my Diamond status.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:54 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Love that there's finally a non-US$400/night option in HK! Not a fan of the location, especially since I'm usually going to the HK Convention Centre in Wan Chai on the other side.

I'll give it a whirl, though--at least once to try it out. I'm guessing MTR to TST, walk to Star Ferry, then walk to CC? (From the CC to the Wan Chai MTR station is an INSANE walk).
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I wonder if there are any walkways between that MTR station and the new hotel? From the Conrad where we spent a couple nights, it was possible to cut through a rather large number of malls and get to the hotel mall entry elevators without walking outside... never did it the same way twice but we always seemed to find our way.

This neighborhood looks a little more crowded than the area near the Crowne Plaza Kowloon East where we spent one night also. I think I would have liked to stay in this area. Good excuse for a return trip. And an economical one on points if this hotel stays at the lower category...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:23 pm

Location Location?

Originally Posted by alc
This HGI @ HK was actually mention by paul00 in the joining/leaving thread in Dec 2015:

post #1027

As Modo mentioned, it is very close to the HIX Mong Kok, 1 street north as per Google Map.
Depending on which day you look at Google Maps the address moves between one block North of the HIX Mong Kok to one block East of Nathan Road on Soy Street. I was at the HIX last night and intended to try and verify but it was very very wet. One location is almost on the dual carriageway/freeway well west of Nathan Road. The other is pretty close to the Southern end of Ladies Market on the opposite side of Nathan Road.Logic suggest number 2 Soy Street should be at the Western end of the street - so close to the HIX. But it was probably numbered under British rule so it probably followed the logic of the numbering of London districts LOL (it is logical - based on alphabetical district name not proximity to the Centre...... after the number 1).

Location wise the former is possibly closer to Yau Me Tai Pitt Street (A1). The other location better using Mong Kok.

For HKCEC it is MTR to Admiralty and cross platform line change to Wanchai (one more stop. The exit for HKCEC at Wanchai has an escalator up to the covered walkway in the the exhibition centre complex. Not far but with crowding, hawkers and Asian walking speeds probably allow 10 minutes from the train. Hotel to HKCEC including walk at both end about 45 minutes. Despite the distance CP Kowloon East is probably quicker for HKCEC visitors. I suspect pricing will be similar.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:27 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Modo
Depending on which day you look at Google Maps the address moves between one block North of the HIX Mong Kok to one block East of Nathan Road on Soy Street. I was at the HIX last night and intended to try and verify but it was very very wet. One location is almost on the dual carriageway/freeway well west of Nathan Road. The other is pretty close to the Southern end of Ladies Market on the opposite side of Nathan Road.Logic suggest number 2 Soy Street should be at the Western end of the street - so close to the HIX. But it was probably numbered under British rule so it probably followed the logic of the numbering of London districts LOL (it is logical - based on alphabetical district name not proximity to the Centre...... after the number 1).
I just check the hotel web site:

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...ons/index.html

and based on this map, it look like it is indeed just 1 street north from where HIX is located (Dundas).

Originally Posted by Modo
Location wise the former is possibly closer to Yau Me Tai Pitt Street (A1). The other location better using Mong Kok.
I agreed. When we were at HKG last summer, we walk to HIX to check it out from the south end of Ladies Market (Dundas) When we leave, we end up just went to the Yau Me Tai station at Pitt Street that you mentioned, as it is a much shorter walk than to Mongkok station. Beside, since it is the start of the Kwun Tong Line, we get seats for the entire journey to Tiu Keng Leng Station as we head back to CP HK East.

BTW, thanks for the info about the current hotel prices at HK, I didn't know it is getting that cheap. As we were all set to stay at the Courtyard at Sha Tin for this x'mas with some nights are paying and some nights on points. So, we just change it to HIX HK East for the 1st 9 nights (total 25 nights) as it was $200(+10%) cheaper Now, we are just debating if we should just change the entire trip and save my Marriott points for next year. Thanks again.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:01 am

Yes Def located at Western end of Soy Street

Originally Posted by alc
I just check the hotel web site:

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...ons/index.html

and based on this map, it look like it is indeed just 1 street north from where HIX is located (Dundas).
Location is the Northern end of the same block as HIX. I now recall driving past it in early May and wondering what brand the hotel would be when finished. It certainly looked a lot nearer to completion than the advertised November opening date.

Marginally closer to Mong Kok Portland Street exit. Also surprisingly close to Olympic most of that route is in malls and covered walkways - but not recommended with bags as the final section is over a high overpass that has many steps with no mechanical help!

It is an "Interesting" area that is still mostly local metal, bathroom and fabric wholesale. but there is a new shopping mall on Portland Street about 5 minutes away with M & S Food and The Marketplace supermarket. From and to the airport it is likely to be a pretty cheap taxi fare. With 2 of you cheaper than the Airport Express. With 4 cheaper than the Express Bus.

As for HK$ hotel prices yes they look low in absolute terms. But pegged to the US$ the prices are massively inflated V UK Pound and Euro even. Last weeks stay at The HIX was far more expensive than I was paying the previous week at The Hilton, Deansgate, Manchester, UK.... with lounge access and decent breakfast.

Re Christmas New Year prices I would advise going for cancellable rates this far in advance. Several of the days over this period will see huge discount offers - probably mid September. But the few days over Western New Year will be stratospherically expensive in HK. As a tip look at spending a few days at least at The Conrad in Macau - you will probably find prices as low as HK$1,089 for some of this period in a forthcoming "Macau NOW" sale.

Last edited by Modo; Jul 11, 2016 at 1:04 am Reason: Flyertalk cant deal with symbol for pound sterling
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:35 pm

Quick update. Stayed at HIX last night and yes the Garden Inn is about 50 m North. It now has a temporary sign on the top of the building.

November looks to be a tough target even for Chinese building speeds based on what I saw. Expect a soft opening.

I walked over from Olympic station. If you know what you are doing it is decent route coming out of Olympian City 3 exit The Hermitage. Apart from the last 300m it is all covered with AC. But you have to cross a pretty high footbridge.

Area is OK and safe but not exactly prime. I suspect when open it will put pressure on rates at the HIX which have got a bit steep for such a limited offering.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Anyone have an update on this hotel? November looking likely? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.