Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:23 pm

also looking for an update. Will be here from 12/31 to 1/6/2017. Would love to get a Hilton stay with breakfast and hopefully a suite upgrade with Diamond. If it's convenient for anyone, could someone take pictures of the street around it? The pictures on Google Streetview are from 2011 and very outdated. There is still an old flat in its location!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm also very interested in this hotel, though not until July next year.

It's a category 4, I believe, and could therefore be an excellent redemption value.

I wouldn't expect a suite upgrade as a diamond - upgrades aren't a published benefit for HGIs although you may well be first in the line for them if they have to upgrade.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/...m1!1e1!6m1!1e1

Potentially first photo of the hotel. Almost certain this is location looking at buildings and tree around it on google maps. If this is a real photo, hard to tell as not great quality, building work looks pretty complete to my untrained eye.

Can you tell I want this to place to open?? Hate stumping up for a week at a time at the Conrad when I am barely in the room. Next trip looking like mid-november so hoping for the best!

Last edited by ESFLYER95; Aug 15, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
That is certainty it

Not been by since I last reported. But it looked like it needed a complete fit out internally.

Be interesting to see the pricing. Western brands have continued to hold prices and penalise late bookings (Conrad is particularly irritating for this) in HK this year. The market has often been very soft. This location is nothing like prime and there are lots of very good local boutique hotels in this area.

The HIX next door has occasionally fallen as low as UK$560 on the afternoon of the day to book. But that has been on days when the likes of the iClub or Butterfly's in Wanchai or Sheung Wan has been well below 500.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
The official Hilton website seems to have taken down the lobby renderings from its photo gallery. Odd.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
No longer bookable?

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
The official Hilton website seems to have taken down the lobby renderings from its photo gallery. Odd.
I tried to price it for December 28 - just get "Coming Soon"

Living mostly in Macau where fast hotel building is an artform and they usually miss opening dates by 6 months my observation of this hotel is early 2017 at best.

Conrad prices between Christmas and New Year 2016 look very ambitious. HK usually has a lull before a very busy Western New Year period.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Some new renderings are up on the site. Rooms look very nice especially suites with balcony.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Some new renderings are up on the site. Rooms look very nice especially suites with balcony.
Yes, rooms look small, but modern and minimalist. Good use of space if they actually look like the renderings. Problem is that sometimes builders will go with cheaper materials last minute to save on costs or time, so only time will tell what the rooms really look like. Hope they actually finish on time!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Yes, rooms look small, but modern and minimalist. Good use of space if they actually look like the renderings. Problem is that sometimes builders will go with cheaper materials last minute to save on costs or time, so only time will tell what the rooms really look like. Hope they actually finish on time!
I believe it will be delayed.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I have seen on the Garden Inn homepage - Upcomings Hotels - that it is supposed to open 30. November.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
It's Hong Kong. I wouldn't expect large spaces, especially since it's not geared towards the upscale market. I know Mongkok itself is a very busy area, but I asked my relative about the address. They said it is a bit off in a quiet street that is not very desirable. Can anyone comment on the location?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:23 pm

The website now says "It is scheduled to open in December 2016.".

Too bad since I was hoping to be able to stay there in the beginning of December.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by spazz
The website now says "It is scheduled to open in December 2016.".

Too bad since I was hoping to be able to stay there in the beginning of December.
What a shame...Looks like Conrad for my November trips then
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Booked for two nights in July. 618 HKD compared to just over 2,000 for the Conrad on a flex rate.

Not cancelled the Conrad yet but this would allow me to extend my stay... looking like I'll give this a try.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
It is now accepting reservations from 1. of March.

I noticed that they have the same price for all days (650 HK$) - very cheap.
Maybe they haven't found/decided on their price level yet.

Last edited by helosc; Sep 27, 2016 at 7:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.