Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Worst Hotel Experience Ever [Hampton Inn, Jacksonville]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Hotel Experience Ever [Hampton Inn, Jacksonville]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
(1) It's pretty clear you booked for the 14th, not the 15th...

(2) I've stayed in a ton of Hampton Inns and *never* gotten a phone call from them 1 hour prior to checkout...

(3) I think you misunderstand what a Hampton Inn is...

(4) I'm going to guess there was a lot of paraphrasing done in the OP...
I think that's a fair summary. Given the OPs response to what seems to be their families mistake is to blame someone else as widely as possible on the internet I struggle to have much sympathy.

Given their manner on here, and the summary of how they behaved on the phone I'm not surprised that they don't always get the help they want. Credit to the clerk for helping at all rather than being glad to be rid of them.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
OP didn't clarify which Hampton Inn in Jacksonville this is. I can defend, or at least attest to the attitudes of the one that's at the beach. Hampton Inn on Jacksonville Beach- they had the best staff. Every day coming in to the property, it was "Hello, Mr. Ohange" and that was only after staying there a couple times. The front desk staff were awesome, the bartenders in the beach bar were fantastic, and everyone we encountered there were just top notch. For a $135-or-so hotel, they certainly were a nice team there. My expectations were exceeded. Sorry for OP's loss, these times are never easy (just went through a loss of a family member myself earlier in the summer).
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tommypress
The more I read through this thread the more complicated it became to understand.
Probably explains why no one posted on it for three months.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by ohange
OP didn't clarify which Hampton Inn in Jacksonville this is. I can defend, or at least attest to the attitudes of the one that's at the beach. Hampton Inn on Jacksonville Beach- they had the best staff. Every day coming in to the property, it was "Hello, Mr. Ohange" and that was only after staying there a couple times. The front desk staff were awesome, the bartenders in the beach bar were fantastic, and everyone we encountered there were just top notch. For a $135-or-so hotel, they certainly were a nice team there. My expectations were exceeded. Sorry for OP's loss, these times are never easy (just went through a loss of a family member myself earlier in the summer).
I second that, had a great stay there earlier this year!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:01 am

I call BS on this whole thread...Hampton Inn staff have gone out of their way to accomodate me during stays, including late checkouts and extended stays. The key is asking them ahead of time, not waiting for them to call you because you're AWOL at checkout time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.