Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Milan North {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Milan North {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 2:59 am
jxd
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Milan North {ITA}

Have a 5 night upcoming stay there. Anyone has any experience at that property? Can't find anything about this property on ft.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Is this the airport one? Very nice, very different than the cookie-cutter HGIs (no criticism of them) and there is a thread for it here. In sum: ^
Old May 4, 2016, 11:50 pm
jxd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
Is this the airport one? Very nice, very different than the cookie-cutter HGIs (no criticism of them) and there is a thread for it here. In sum: ^
It's not the one at the airport.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Stayed 3 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Milan North two weekends ago.

What I liked:
- Excellent value; I booked prepaid rate
- Brand new hotel (or looks like it)
- As Diamond, booked standard King Room and got upgraded to King Deluxe Room (high floor, private terrace - though you don't really have much of a view of anything and there is no furniture in the terrace! You can however drag the room chairs outside if you want)
- Nice gym with modern equipment. Business centre on ground floor.
- Strong air con which was needed on one of the days that I was there (nice air con not guaranteed in Europe!)
- 2 mins to Metro M1 Villa San Giovanni as well as 3 other different bus lines to central Milan. Metro will take you direct to Duomo in about 15 mins. €4.25 per day travel pass valid on all buses and metro. Easy access to Linate airport.
- All the staff that I met were lovely!

What I didn't like:
- Breakfast (complimentary for Diamond) was just okay; the buffet looked like a lot of variety (because it was so spread out) but really was not. Hot items were relatively poor but then again, Italians aren't big breakfast eaters - maybe that's why.
- Definitely eat dinner before you head back to the hotel. Hotel is in a residential area and there aren't that many places to eat close to the hotel. The typical Garden Inn Pantry was not well stocked when I was there. Plenty of drinks but not much food, though there is a microwave and small oven for your use if you want.
- Believe it or not, I didn't feel safe probably because the rooms aren't that well soundproof. It seems that every time another room flushes the toilet, I could hear it. I was at the end of the corridor (and should not get that much thoroughfare) and the second night that I was there, I repeatedly heard people lurking outside my door. When I looked through the peephole, I couldn't see very well. In the morning, I realised that someone came to pinch my "do not disturb" sign, so they can have it for their room! Who does that?

Last edited by Zana711; May 8, 2016 at 10:07 pm
Old May 10, 2016, 10:13 am
jxd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zana711
Stayed 3 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Milan North two weekends ago.

What I liked:
- Excellent value; I booked prepaid rate
- Brand new hotel (or looks like it)
- As Diamond, booked standard King Room and got upgraded to King Deluxe Room (high floor, private terrace - though you don't really have much of a view of anything and there is no furniture in the terrace! You can however drag the room chairs outside if you want)
- Nice gym with modern equipment. Business centre on ground floor.
- Strong air con which was needed on one of the days that I was there (nice air con not guaranteed in Europe!)
- 2 mins to Metro M1 Villa San Giovanni as well as 3 other different bus lines to central Milan. Metro will take you direct to Duomo in about 15 mins. €4.25 per day travel pass valid on all buses and metro. Easy access to Linate airport.
- All the staff that I met were lovely!

What I didn't like:
- Breakfast (complimentary for Diamond) was just okay; the buffet looked like a lot of variety (because it was so spread out) but really was not. Hot items were relatively poor but then again, Italians aren't big breakfast eaters - maybe that's why.
- Definitely eat dinner before you head back to the hotel. Hotel is in a residential area and there aren't that many places to eat close to the hotel. The typical Garden Inn Pantry was not well stocked when I was there. Plenty of drinks but not much food, though there is a microwave and small oven for your use if you want.
- Believe it or not, I didn't feel safe probably because the rooms aren't that well soundproof. It seems that every time another room flushes the toilet, I could hear it. I was at the end of the corridor (and should not get that much thoroughfare) and the second night that I was there, I repeatedly heard people lurking outside my door. When I looked through the peephole, I couldn't see very well. In the morning, I realised that someone came to pinch my "do not disturb" sign, so they can have it for their room! Who does that?
Thanks for the report!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I'm here tonight - I'm not a "Hilton Person", but on a clients corporate rate...what can I say, sometimes you have to "take one for the team" - or so I thought

This is NOT a tourist destination, it's a business hotel on the outskirts of Milan

However....

• I have no status with Hilton
  • Granted 2pm check in with no issue
  • It's a proper king bed with a king duvet (that will make sense for those of us who travel in Europe)
  • Food offerings are basic, but cooked well, with some flair
  • The staff couldn't have been more friendly

This is my fourth & last night on this Italian trip - two AC (Turin & Milan - Marriott Brand - where I hold the highest status), one a "no chain" & here - it wins buy a country mile for pretty much half the price of "better" hotels

If you have reason to be in the North of Milan, just want a bed, good internet access & staff that treat you well; it's ideal
Old Sep 24, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Diamond
Not a lot of action on this thread, so wanted to share a stay from last week.

Context: My wife and I got a last minute deal on flights to Milan. Many of the hotels downtown were running 300-400+ EUR per night (and they weren't even that fancy). We wound up booking this on points.

Overall I give it a 4.5/5. Friendly staff, very close to the metro, and an overall well-maintained property makes this a great value in the Milan suburbs @ 20k pts/night.

Pros:
  • Redemption rate: Booked 5 nights using points (so 1 was free) for just 20k points per night. The cash price at booking was about 225 EUR/night, so all-in it was an AMAZING redemption value of about 1.5 cents/points.
  • Big, comfy bed: A true "king" bed with 4 nice pillows and a plush but firm mattress.
  • Good room setup: The room is small, but well laid out including an arm chair, desk with chair, large vanity with sink, and sperate tub and shower. Plus GREAT water pressure in the shower. There was also a huge wall of floor-to-ceiling windows that were well-covered with blackout curtains at night, but can open wide during the daytime.
  • Friendly front desk staff: Almost never a line at the front desk with cheerful, English-speaking staff. From calling taxis to answering questions about the property to giving advice on local eats, I always had a positive interaction with the employees.
  • Great location for Metro: It's about 7km from downtown (Duomo), which is about 20 minute drive during the day and 30 during rush hour. However it's VERY close to Metro line 1--like, 100 meters from the hotel's entrance. The trains came very frequency (every 2-4 minutes) and tap to pay was super easy to use. From the time you leave your room to emerging from the station in front of the Duomo was ~20 minutes.
  • Well-maintained/no wear: The hotel is nearly 9 years old but looks very new. Often properties at this age start to show their age since they haven't had their first renovation yet. However here is no wear-and-tear in the rooms, such as cracked/chipped wood, loose wall attachments, or issues with calking in the bathroom. It's a very well-maintained property.
  • Upgrade + huge balcony: As a diamond booking on points we were automatically upgraded to a top floor room that had a huge balcony. It was the width of the hotel room and about 2 meters deep with a view south towards downtown.
  • Daily housekeeping: Yes it's standard in European properties, but in the US most (all?) HGI's have abandoned daily housekeeping.
  • Fast and free WIFI: Never had any issues connecting multiple devices and streaming content using the free WiFi.

Cons:
  • Sub-par breakfast The breakfast buffet was mediocre at best. A few hot items, and small selection of bread items and fruit. We went for one morning and then decided to skip the rest of the days.
  • Not much to do in the area: As mentioned above by another commenter above it's in a suburban areas, surrounded by apartment buildings and non-descript shops (small corner store, vacuum repair store, etc.). There might be a restaurant or two both nothing worth spending time/money at given the options available if you hop on the Metro.
  • Small-ish rooms: Despite it being newer and not downtown, the rooms are typical European sized. Not a ton of room to unpack suitcases, and definitely not enough room for a crib.
  • No in-room iron: The front desk said it's a fire risk to supply irons in the room, so you have to go to the ground floor laundry room to iron clothes.
  • Small TV: We didn't watch TV once during the stay, but if it's important to you note that the flat screen is quite small (maybe 25 or 27 inches)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.