Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vintro Hotel South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Staying today here as a HHonors Diamond and got in Email contact about elite benefits and some other aspects at the moment just few days after full integration.

Here are the facts for u:

At our property, diamond members are complimentary upgraded to a suite if available upon check in.
The only way to guarantee a suite is to book a suite or pay the difference in price.
We are a small 50 room boutique hotel. I apologize in advance if this different than norm from other hilton brands.
Breakfast is included for our diamond members along with one guest per day and 1,000 bonus points. We will provide a breakfast voucher that you will present to the server each morning.
Diamond members receive two robes, two pairs of slippers, and unlimited supply of water throughout their stay.
Other amenities include complimentary use of our bicycles which is on a first come first serve basis.
Rooftop terrace with hammocks, pingpong table, plunge pool, day beds available 24 hours complimentary.
Lastly, we have two free beach chairs and towels to enjoy complimentary each day.
Unfortunately our e-check in map is still in the works and we will hopefully offer that convenience to our Hilton Honors members as soon as possible.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Please do report back on your experience at the property. It's nice to have another HHonors option in South Beach, but looking at Tripadvisor, this property's reviews seem to be either great or extremely poor, and I suspect it has to do with the physical plant of the property and which room one is assigned. (I.E. there seem to be recurring complaints of certain rooms with no windows, as well as issues with hot water.)
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Review:

-on arrival day, after e-checkin the day before, the room was upgraded to a 1 king one bedroom suite

- nice welcome from the staff and got details about the hotel and the benefits for HHonors Diamond

- their requested breakfast voucher for HHonors are not produced yet, so they will remove the price of the breakfast manually at checkout ( value 55$ incl tax for two)

- room was spacious and very clean/modern

- free unrestricted wifi

- water in big glass bottle in the room

- some sweets on the bed after turndown-service and refilled illy coffee cups

- late checkout 2pm

Hope this helps u, I will be back here for sure
Old May 27, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
I'm a Starwood guy but have somehow accumulated enough Hilton points over the years for a 1-night stay here. How does this hotel stack up against the Bentley (which costs the exact same amount of points for a standard room)?

If its any help, I tend to favor Element and Aloft in the Starwood line.

TIA
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:42 am

Cashed in points for a 1-weeknight stay at the rooftop terrace level, a free day before a conference in the area:

Pros:
--Very friendly staff: Manager saw us sitting down by the lobby's projection TV after check-out and brought (free) espresso.
--Rooms are modern and minimalist, like Element with a touch of W and Aloft.
--Water in room
--Great rooftop space with hammocks, TV, small pool, lounge chairs, etc.
--Drink coupons given at check-in
--Location is ~10 minutes walk to the area's hotspots, which works great if you want both easy access and a bit of separation. (Reminded me of how the Embassy Suites in New Orleans is situated in relation to the French Quarter, if that helps paint the picture of relative location.)
--Spotless room
--Good points redemption options

(very minor) Cons:
--Rooftop can get loud (no surprise there)
--Pricey valet fees (cheaper to Uber than to rent a car and garage it there)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:14 pm

Vintro Hotel South Beach, will the price drop?

Hey there..

We are interested in booking the Vintro Miami Beach for March next year. Right now the cheapest rate is the MVP Rate with 239 USD per night. Do you think this is a reasonable price? Or is there any chance the rate could drop?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by svhe
Hey there..

We are interested in booking the Vintro Miami Beach for March next year. Right now the cheapest rate is the MVP Rate with 239 USD per night. Do you think this is a reasonable price? Or is there any chance the rate could drop?
I can't answer your question directly but if its a fully changeable with no penalty to cancel for a time period, why not book it now and keep watching for a price drop and checking other hotels in the area?

You can always cancel the reservation before the deadline if the price doesn't drop to an acceptable amount.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think it is safe to assume that the OP is looking at a no-change/no-refund rate - otherwise the Q would make little sense.

There is a long time until March and rates may drop before then. Perhaps a sale will reduce the rate. That being said, USD 239 for South Beach property is reasonable, so I would not expect any major rate drops. Maybe to USD 199 or 179 at the most - I know this purely speculative.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Looking at that property I can't get any MVP rates to show up. Are you sure that you are getting the MVP rate? Other times I have looked to use it there has been a 24 hr prior to arrival cancellation policy. If you are getting the MVP and it is cancellable, why not book it. I don't know this particular property, but looking at the website and having had many stays in the PBI area in late February/Early March the last 6-7 years, I would say it's a pretty good rate.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:17 am

Alright, we try so. Thank you very much!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Had a recent one night stay here. No upgrade for this diamond. At check in was provided two drink coupons and a breakfast voucher. I did not use the pool, bicycles, or other complimentary items like beach chairs. The hotel is a block and a half west of Collins Ave., the W South Beach Hotel, and the beach. The room was small with a modern décor. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. The hotel seemed to be rather empty and I was alone at the buffet breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, pastries, yoghurt, etc) in the morning. Other than the lack of an upgrade when the hotel seemed to be rather empty it was a good stay.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by svhe
Hey there..

There's no telling, but for March (spring break) that rate seems reasonable. I depleted my miles when I booked but believe the rate was ~$200.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Hi. Any recent stays/experiences at this property?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Stayed here in November.
What would you like to know?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by grd787
Stayed here in November.
What would you like to know?
Your experience. A full review of the property if you have time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.