Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Discount Launches at 4,500 Properties Worldwide

Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:12 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

Over the past few months, you may have noticed a discount for HHonors members being offered at select properties for stays booked directly through Hilton channels. I’m excited to share that we will now be offering this exclusive discount to ALL HHonors members, every day, as long as they book directly with us, at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide. Members will also continue to receive instant benefits like free Wi-Fi, HHonors Points and digital check-in with room selection, along with all the other perks of being an HHonors member that most of you already enjoy. All HHonors members have access to the discount every day for any of our properties around the world, with the exception of bookings made for hotels in Mainland China, including Hong Kong, Taiwan or and Macau.

As always, I’m here for your questions, thoughts and feedback, so keep them coming my way.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Lauren, thanks for the update. Is there a list of participating hotels? If so, how does one access it?

Many thanks
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:22 am

My employer just switched to requiring Concur to be used for all bookings. Is there a way to comply with this and still get the Hhonors discount?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
we will now be offering this exclusive discount to ALL HHonors members, every day, as long as they book directly with us, at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide
As of yesterday, there were 4,676 Hilton properties. Who are the holdouts?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:37 am

Is there a Hilton-branded hotel in Taiwan? And are you implying that Taiwan is part of China? NOT politically correct.

Hi all,

All HHonors members have access to the discount every day for any of our properties around the world, with the exception of bookings made for hotels in Mainland China, including Hong Kong, Taiwan or and Macau.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
lol another "promotion" from Hilton...

I have stayed at the same hotel, 2-3 weeks per month, for the past 6 months. Every time, without fail, the room rate was $109. Regardless of day of the week, regardless of how far booked in advance, $109. Like clockwork.

I just looked at booking for my next two trips. The room rate is now $114 and the new HHonors discount brings it down to $111.

It's like an outlet mall. Mark up the prices and put them "on sale" back to their original prices.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Just re-checked a reservation for next month. $125 with the new discount; $103 with MVP rate.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:31 am

Based on what I'm reading, maybe it's time to start rethinking my credit cards and steer clear of ones that get me hotel points. What's the point of continuing to use a hotel that raises prices in an attempt to make it appear that I'm getting a discount?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide.
Originally Posted by beltway
As of yesterday, there were 4,676 Hilton properties. Who are the holdouts?
Uh, 4676 is "more than 4,500", isn't it? So who said there were any holdouts? It's just rounding, and admitted as such.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by aww3583
lol another "promotion" from Hilton...

I have stayed at the same hotel, 2-3 weeks per month, for the past 6 months. Every time, without fail, the room rate was $109. Regardless of day of the week, regardless of how far booked in advance, $109. Like clockwork.

I just looked at booking for my next two trips. The room rate is now $114 and the new HHonors discount brings it down to $111.

It's like an outlet mall. Mark up the prices and put them "on sale" back to their original prices.
CDG Hilton, in early July... Currently held reservation: 116 Euro. Base rate today: 129 Euro. With HH discount: 116 Euro.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:11 am

This is death for finding BRG deals.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note for those not familiar with the program - this a laughable bogus "discount" that is created solely for the purpose of marketing. Based on my experience you are likely to find better rates without it. YMMV of course.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by amanuensis
My employer just switched to requiring Concur to be used for all bookings. Is there a way to comply with this and still get the Hhonors discount?
Sometimes these "corporate deals" are not always the best. If you can get a better rate, then you should point it out to your boss and try to book it.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Uh, 4676 is "more than 4,500", isn't it? So who said there were any holdouts? It's just rounding, and admitted as such.
Any normal person/organization would round 4676 to "more than 4600" or "nearly 4700." The question is a fair (and obvious) one.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Any normal person/organization would round 4676 to "more than 4600" or "nearly 4700." The question is a fair (and obvious) one.
I would think they don't want to have to change the language on the promo soon, whether they deflag 77 hotels next month (putting it under 4600) or add 25 hotels next month (putting it over 4700). So IMHO it would actually be foolish for them to be a specific as you suggest.

However, I would suggest that it would have been clearer if they had simply said "at all of our over 4500 hotels".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.