Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Apologies if this has already been posted:

Tourism :New Conrad Koh Samui Resort

Hilton Hotels Corporation and Hillcrest Development (Samui) have signed a management agreement for the Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa in Thailand

Koos Klein, president of Hilton Hotels Middle East and Asia Pacific, said the 79 villas and 39 Conrad Residential villas, would be located on a secluded hill overlooking Aow Thai Beach at the southwest tip of the island. Spread over 25 acres, the Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa will offer panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand, outlying islands and the surrounding landscape of lush coconut plantations. Scheduled to open in late 2008, the Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa will be the newest luxury villa property on the popular island.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006...s_30022306.php
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
With the way things are going, this may open before the Conrad Phuket...
Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
With the way things are going, this may open before the Conrad Phuket...
ALL Hilton family properties open late. Rest assured this one will open way after Phuket....
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Rest assured this one will open way after Phuket....
but there wont be a Conrad in Phuket ......

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...d/newHotels.do
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
There is one under construction. According to my local source, it's construction has been completely screwed up and now there is no date for opening. You might be able to do a search on past threads that ask when it was supposed to be open (originally before the tsunami).
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

We drove down to the Conrad a couple of days ago, and according to the guy at the gate I spoke to it is opening in August 2008.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Does anyone have an update on this? Will it happen?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
We drove down to the Conrad a couple of days ago, and according to the guy at the gate I spoke to it is opening in August 2008.
What did you think of the location?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
deleted
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Presuming you are asking about the proposed Conrad in Phuket then I think the location was fine. A few years ago we spent 2 weeks in that part of Phuket on Holiday and really enjoyed it. It's a quiet part of the island for sure but we thought that was one of the best things about it.

Unfortunately it does not look like the Phuket property will actually open as planned.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Where is the Samui Conrad going to be located. SouthWest suggests close to the Baan Taling Ngam location to me is this right? It was a real shame that the Meriidien there ended their association with Starwood, we had a fantastic experience there last year.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa any info??

Hi all,

I was curious if anyone has any info on this hotel? It says on the website that it opens in 2009, and I was curious if anyone is aware if this will occur at the beginning of the year or the end of the year. I was also curious if anyone knows if we will be able to use hilton points at this hotel? If so I will be sure to arrange a stay in 2009.

Here is a link to the hotel for those interested:

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...els.do#FORTH03

Regards,

Timo
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I just got off the phone with someone at Conrad hotels, I guess the hotel will not open until December 2009 at the earliest according to the latest available information. Too bad for my 2009 holiday.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by timo469
I just got off the phone with someone at Conrad hotels, I guess the hotel will not open until December 2009 at the earliest according to the latest available information. Too bad for my 2009 holiday.

Cheers,

Timo
That's Project Manager Talk for "summer 2010." Bummer. What a great location though. A big welcome to a HH property on the islands.

WOW:
Each of the villas will have a minimum of 200 square meters of space, complete with a private plunge pool and a generous outdoor sundeck area that enables panoramic vistas.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:15 pm

Anxious to see if this new property will make inventory available for award redepemption.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.