Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 1999, 3:02 pm
Commander Catcop

The longer it takes for me to make a reservation on the Hilton website and the more problems I encounter going through that site the less business Hilton's going to get from me.

It's very frustrating. I like HIlton, but I like a COMPLETE Package that works!!!

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old Jun 3, 1999, 5:59 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Now if you try to go to "My Hilton", a blank page comes back.
Old Aug 9, 1999, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Why can't I update info at hhonors.com?

Is there any reason why I can't update my profile (address, email) and preferences at the hhonors.com website? I simply get referred to an 800 phone number. Or, is this something that is being worked on for the future?

--thanks
Old Aug 9, 1999, 1:22 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Excellent question. I actually noted the same issue about one month ago when evryone was talking about the new changes on site. It's a small concern, but it sure seems like you should be able to do this type of thing online!
Old Aug 9, 1999, 1:31 pm
Original Member

It is being worked on (negotiating)...
Old Aug 10, 1999, 10:23 am

Hello all. This is definitely a planned enhancement to site functionality. We'll be introducing this, and other improvements, throughout the balance of the year.

Best regards,

Adam
Old Aug 10, 1999, 10:29 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thank you very much for the prompt reply Adam.
Old Aug 10, 1999, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Thanks, Adam... and since I didn't chime in on this yet, I just wanted to say that I think it was a very wise idea of you and/or Hilton to make your presence known on FT. It means a lot to many of us.
Old Aug 13, 1999, 6:20 pm
Original Member

So how does everyone like the new Hilton.com and the HHonors section?
Old Aug 13, 1999, 6:41 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
The Java based pages are a tad slow to load, but I like the format.
Old Aug 13, 1999, 7:36 pm
Original Member

There are a few too many pages to get through to actually see your account activity, but the detail on account activity is good.
Old Aug 14, 1999, 9:10 am
Original Member

It's not bad, except that right now we can't update info, which Adam said is coming down the line. I too, think the format is good, but too slow to load. Just to reiteriate: keep it simple, keep it clean, keep it easy to use, and keep it fast to load.
Old Aug 15, 1999, 10:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Also they haven't fixed their reservation system yet. When you enter a travel agent number you get an error code. With some special rates, it seems to kick back an error code. If you enter a bed preference and the hotel does not offer it, you get an error code.

Then you call the internet hotline with the error code and they can't tell you what it means. They then take the reservation over the phone and say they will make a note on the reservation that you tried to do it over the internet so you get the 1000 point bonus.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 7:48 pm

My point balance is showing, but I haven't been able to get into my details for over two weeks. Anyone else having this same problem, or am I the only one. Hilton HHonors shuts its phone off when the whistle blows and the one time I did call, they said they were having some trouble and would be fixed soon. What the heck is the deal here?

------------------
Aloooha!
http://www.hotshirts.com

Old Aug 18, 1999, 10:19 am

Here is a quote from Hilton's Hilton.Com e-mail newsletter (weekly) regarding the site:

HILTON.COM'S NEW LOOK!

Stay tuned for an all new Hilton.com! Thanks to you, Hilton.com will have a sleeker, more user-friendly design starting in mid-September! We've taken all your ideas, added a few of our own, and come up with a new Hilton.com that will make your visits even more enjoyable. But don't worry; all your old favorites will still be there!

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.