Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double Your Honors Returns in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Your Honors Returns in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Is anyone else having issues with the bonus points not showing up on their January stays?

I registered (picking double points) on the 17th of December, pretty much as soon as I saw the post. I noticed today that stay from the 3rd to 4th of Jan posted to my account without the double points. I dropped an email to the diamond desk, who claim to have no record of my registration and are refusing to issue the missing points. Anyone else had the same issue?

(I know for sure I registered on the 17th, as I did it as part of writing a blog post on it for Inside Flyer UK, but annoyingly I didn't save a screenshot to prove it...)
Just a quick observation.
The new HH monthly statement you get in your email,states what kind of promotion´s you are registered on.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:07 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Is anyone else having issues with the bonus points not showing up on their January stays?

I registered (picking double points) on the 17th of December, pretty much as soon as I saw the post. I noticed today that stay from the 3rd to 4th of Jan posted to my account without the double points. I dropped an email to the diamond desk, who claim to have no record of my registration and are refusing to issue the missing points. Anyone else had the same issue?

(I know for sure I registered on the 17th, as I did it as part of writing a blog post on it for Inside Flyer UK, but annoyingly I didn't save a screenshot to prove it...)
Hi Gagravarr (and anyone else who might have a similar experience),

Feel free to PM me your HHonors # and I can make sure you're registered for the promotion properly.

Lauren
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just made my first stay under the new promotion and the double points posted fine.

What is strange is that we got the 1000 Amex bonus but not the regular 500 Amex booking bonus (which you said upstream would happen). A quick call got the 500 but the rep seemed confused - she said the 1000 was "double" the 500. I had to explain to her that was not true, that they were separate, and she gave me the additional 500 as "goodwill" but I'm not sure she understood fully.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:24 pm

My first stay netted me an additional 1,000 points described as Amex promo. But I did not register for that as I am not based in the States with a Hilton branded CC. I just happened to pay with an Amex card but am not complaining. Of course that hotel could have been running a different Amex promo which I stumbled upon.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: Lots
I've had two stays post so far from this year, the first had the promo points show up, the second didn't. That implies to me there is some issue with the posting as obviously if I was registered at the first stay I was for the second. Just checked out from another stay this morning, will see if those post automatically but it will be annoying to have to double check and request the points if this happens throughout the promo.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Charter DM / Hilton Diamond
double, double points?

I am registered for the double points promotion going on until April. When I book a room, if I select the double points option do I earn 4X points?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Charter DM / Hilton Diamond
double, double points?

Never mind- feel free to close this thread. They answered me on Twitter finally- here is the response I got in case anyone else is interested: Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are signed up for the promotion and you booked a double points package you would receive an additional set of base points for each. For example if base points earned was 1,000 you would earn an additional 1,000 for the promotion and an additional 1,000 for the rate booked. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. Thank you. -AM
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PayItForward
My first stay netted me an additional 1,000 points described as Amex promo. But I did not register for that as I am not based in the States with a Hilton branded CC. I just happened to pay with an Amex card but am not complaining. Of course that hotel could have been running a different Amex promo which I stumbled upon.
As an American, I received the extra 1000 points for using non-Hilton Amex in the States myself.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As an American, I received the extra 1000 points for using non-Hilton Amex in the States myself.
Did you register for the regular Double Points promo or using one of the Amex links?
I just found it strange that I used a regular link and paid using a non-US Amex (generic) card but got a bonus that is described as "AMEX DOUBLE YOUR HHONORS 2016 1K BONUS". Shared this as there were folks who were worried that they lost out the 1,000 extra points for using the wrong link.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:46 am

I also used an non american amex (live in europe) in a European hilton and i also got 1000 extra amex points.
Did not sign up on anything (i think).
So i guess its a glitch in their system and anyone using amex get 1000 extra.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:57 am

I was matched to Diamond status on Hilton in December.

I'm now looking at staying 4 nights at a Hampton Inn for a total of $720.92 ($620 without taxes).

I signed up for the double points offer, and therefore was trying to figure out what I might earn for the stay. I do not have any of the Hilton credit cards at the moment, but am thinking of applying for one after February [although if i could apply for one today and get this stay put on that card i'd strongly consider it for the extra points potential].

Using Points & Points (not Points & Miles), with Diamond status, I used the calculator, and it looks like I'd get $12,320 points for my stay. But I didn't think that would calculate the double bonus, which would make it 24,640. Is that right? Again, here are the details

Points & Points
3 nights at $169
1 night at $109
Hampton Inn
Diamond Tier
Registered for Double Bonus
Staying Jan 24 to 28th.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
To the best of my knowledge :

Base Points : 6200
Double Point Promotion : 6200
50% Diamond Points : 3100
Points and Points 50% : 3100
Diamond Points per stay : 250 (or a snack/drink)

18.850 Points

Only Base Points get doubled in a promotion.

Last edited by helosc; Jan 18, 2016 at 1:35 pm Reason: add: Correctiing Diamond Points per stay as it is a Hampton
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Did you register for the regular Double Points promo or using one of the Amex links?
I just found it strange that I used a regular link and paid using a non-US Amex (generic) card but got a bonus that is described as "AMEX DOUBLE YOUR HHONORS 2016 1K BONUS". Shared this as there were folks who were worried that they lost out the 1,000 extra points for using the wrong link.
Regular non-AMEX registration same as you did. I don't have a Hilton credit card!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just called since I sign up with the normal link and have the HH AMX card. She told me as long as I signed up I will get the 1000 points if I use the HH AMX card when I checked out.

Last edited by milemission; Jan 27, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Update: After the stay I didn't get the 1000 points for using AMEX, (I used an Amex Hilton card to pay for the room.) the points that others referred as "AMEX DOUBLE YOUR HHONORS 2016 1K BONUS"
I did get the double points. The lady that answered my call misled me, instead of help me un-enrolled.
I hope HHonorsRepresentative could please help me. Thank you!

Any advice? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.