Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gauging Interest in a Hilton Hotels FlyerTalk Event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
I'm in, schedule permitting!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: Too many

I'd love to be in but assuming it's held in the US I have no plans to be able to attend in the near future.

Just keep in mind there are many many Hhonors members worldwide who actually choose to stay at their brands to maintain Diamond yearly with difficulty. Here in Australia there are not many properties and parts of Europe I frequent often to ensure I maintain status are not as easy either due to only one property in one country or terrible upgrade chances.
You guys in the US have it really easy...,,
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:03 am

Interested, but would really only go if it's near Hilton's headquarters.

Experience with other FT events has been that only events near the HQ get the actual access to individuals that makes a difference in the long term.

Having 4-suits at a neutral site is pretty staged and doesn't afford access to the real movers and shakers within the company's loyalty program.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:06 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I would love to attend, Canarsie did a fantastic job with the Delta meeting!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:02 pm

Sounds like a great idea (especially for this first time Diamond (reached it last month) and as always Canarsie: Thanks for the effort at organizing this event.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Update

Originally Posted by bowdenj
Sounds like a great idea (especially for this first time Diamond (reached it last month) and as always Canarsie: Thanks for the effort at organizing this event.
You are very welcome, bowdenj. Thank you.

I just sent an e-mail message to a representative of Hilton requesting an update for this proposed event...

...and for those of you who attended the Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Events in 2009 and 2010, I have some great news for you: should this event come to fruition, atldlff — the co-organizer of those events with me — has agreed to co-organize this event with me as well after I asked him in person if he was interested.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I would be interested, especially if it was near Hilton headquarters.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by VA1379
I would be interested, especially if it was near Hilton headquarters.
Dang, I wish HQ was still in Beverly Hills.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
atldlff — the co-organizer of those events with me — has agreed to co-organize this event with me as well after I asked him in person if he was interested.
Ah, my favourite co-conspirator.

David
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
This is a great idea! I'm interested in attending, if my schedule allows for it.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Canarsie

...and for those of you who attended the Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Events in 2009 and 2010, I have some great news for you: should this event come to fruition, atldlff — the co-organizer of those events with me — has agreed to co-organize this event with me as well after I asked him in person if he was interested.
My apologies that it has taken me so long to jump in here. When Canarsie asked me if I would help, I of course had to say YES! I think we work very well together, and I would really enjoy being a part of the team. I sincerely hope this event will get the green light and move forward!

Originally Posted by DiverDave

Ah, my favourite co-conspirator.

David
Ah... so great to hear from you! I hope all is well and I hope our paths will cross again very soon!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Any update on this?

Appreciate these things take time...

Thanks for any news you can provide...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BotB
Any update on this?

Appreciate these things take time...

Thanks for any news you can provide...
I have received no recent updates pertaining to the event, BotB.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

There is still no update to report; but I was on a conference call with the new vice president of the Hilton HHonors program and the senior manager of public relations — Lauren was in on the call as well — and interest is as high as ever in transitioning this proposed event from concept to reality.

As soon as I receive any news which I can share, I will update this discussion as soon as possible.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
I somehow missed earlier discussion of this proposed event. I'm definitely interested in attending if it happens. Having spent close to 3 years of my life in Hilton family hotels (yet still somewhat short on paid nights for lifetime diamond status!), I'd be interested in hearing more from Hilton corporate people and from Flyertalk Hilton enthusiasts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.