Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madrid-Prado {ESP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madrid-Prado {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Just tried to make a reservation for the end of December and still showing "coming soon".

Any news or updates on why this one is taking so long?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005
Just tried to make a reservation for the end of December and still showing "coming soon".

Any news or updates on why this one is taking so long?
I'm seeing plenty of availability for March during my trip.

Edit: This message displays at the top of the screen:

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival January 1, 2017 and beyond"
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by corpgator
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival January 1, 2017 and beyond"
The opening date of the hotel has been postponed to March 31, 2017.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hmmmm. Might make backup reservations for June.

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Dec 10, 2016 at 5:56 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Expedia seems to think it's open for business

It's showing me rates for a weekend in Jan 2017.

What the heck is going on??
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
It's showing me rates for a weekend in Jan 2017.

What the heck is going on??
Only one way to find out!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:49 am

Made some reservations for September 2017, hopefully it will be open by then!!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: HHD
Cancelled reservation

Had a reservation for end of February which showed up on the Hilton site without comment. The hotel website now says it is opening somewhere in March so I cancelled my reservation. Funny was that the cancellations stated that they were sorry we were not able to come.
Answered that I would have gladly come if the hotel had been in business.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:32 pm

The Front Office manager told me over the phone they are hoping to open in January
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:37 pm

I still have my reservation in March, so hopefully they are still going to open in January.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I still have my reservation in March, so hopefully they are still going to open in January.
I'm sure you'll be kind enough to let us know!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'm sure you'll be kind enough to let us know!
I will. I emailed them asking if I should cancel and the manager responsed back that no, they are most likely going to be open in March and if they aren't, Hilton will take care of me, so we shall see.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:40 am

I will. I emailed them asking if I should cancel and the manager responsed back that no, they are most likely going to be open in March and if they aren't, Hilton will take care of me, so we shall see.
That's good to know. Sure hope I don't hafta sweat out my June stay!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I also have a reservation in mid-March which has not been cancelled, so will keep an ear out. I have done a backup reservation through Marriott just in case but I would hope Hilton will cover me somehow but where else in Madrid can they put you except out at the airport...?!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: HH D
The opening date is shifting back and forth but if you are prepared to take a gamble: they are offering standard rewards rooms (Queen) at 40k points but only between Sun, Feb 26 and Sat, Mar 11. Later dates just have premium room availability, between 70k and 100k.

Last edited by Sisosig; Jan 21, 2017 at 8:34 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.