Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Dining: Thoughts? Problems?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors

Note: I searched for a HHonors Dining thread in this forum and did not find one. If there is already one please close this one and direct me to it.

Firstly, I was wondering how many of us (if any?) use HHonors dining (or any other brand's dining rewards service, like IHG or Delta)? In my experience, the restaurants they offer rewards at are ones that I would never go to, even with the incentive of earning points...I am not someone who enjoys sports bars, which is the only thing that offers points around me. (Seriously, how do they pick these places?) Still, I keep my cards on file in case I accidentally end up at an establishment that gives me points - it's always nice to receive a surprise email that I got a handful of points because I know it'll keep the rest of my points alive.

On a more practical note, has anyone been having trouble with their points posting? I dined at a Hhonors restaurant on November 23rd, and the points posted to my HHonors dining account - but have not posted to my HHonors account. I contacted them and they gave me the points via a 'service center adjustment' but I would hate having to contact them every time I need points posted.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors DM, Hertz PC
I participate with same program (Rewardsnetwork.com) but use it through Delta. The restaurants are exactly the same as Hilton. I don't think that I can double dip with both programs, but should probably look into that. Luckily there are a couple nearby places that we visit once in a while so I do get a little value out of it. When I travel (almost weekly) I use my phone to locate nearby restaurants that participate, which gives me a chance to try places I might not have considered before. For the most part I've had good luck with that and am up to 26k Delta points from the program YTD.

As far as points posting, I see them on my Delta account roughly 2 weeks after dining. But Delta posts all my points faster in general than Hilton. I'd say give them at least 1-2 more weeks to post.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
All the different versions of Rewards Network are covered in its own forum under the "Other Loyalty Programs" tab.
I use it frequently but not as often as in the past because currently the most you can get is 5 miles/$, (used to be 10) and the lack of extra miles incentives compared to previous years.
The restaurants in the program run the gamut from mom and pop greasy spoons to national chains (for example, Buca di Beppo) and sometimes some very high end places, too.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted above the discussion you are looking for can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by KCflyerguy
I participate with same program (Rewardsnetwork.com) but use it through Delta. The restaurants are exactly the same as Hilton. I don't think that I can double dip with both programs, but should probably look into that. Luckily there are a couple nearby places that we visit once in a while so I do get a little value out of it. When I travel (almost weekly) I use my phone to locate nearby restaurants that participate, which gives me a chance to try places I might not have considered before. For the most part I've had good luck with that and am up to 26k Delta points from the program YTD.

As far as points posting, I see them on my Delta account roughly 2 weeks after dining. But Delta posts all my points faster in general than Hilton. I'd say give them at least 1-2 more weeks to post.
You cannot "double dip" - I tried, and was informed that I'd have to pick one program for my points to go into. I picked Hilton since those, unlike Delta, expire (also I'm rolling in Delta points).

good to know that yours take a while to post. I got worried because in the past mine posted very quickly (within a week) so the slowing down is concerning.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As noted above the discussion you are looking for can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/
thank you; I don't know why I didn't realize it'd be in a different forum, since the dining program is available through multiple airline and hotel chains.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
You cannot "double dip" - I tried, and was informed that I'd have to pick one program for my points to go into. I picked Hilton since those, unlike Delta, expire (also I'm rolling in Delta points).
You can have accounts with multiple airline/hotel programs (I've got them with AS, DL, AA, and will set up one for UA soon), but you can only register a credit card with one program at a time.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay

good to know that yours take a while to post. I got worried because in the past mine posted very quickly (within a week) so the slowing down is concerning.
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
You can have accounts with multiple airline/hotel programs (I've got them with AS, DL, AA, and will set up one for UA soon), but you can only register a credit card with one program at a time.
Yes, it's one program per card number. Also, each program you signup for must have at least one card on file. So to move the last card from DL to HH, you need to add a new card to DL (doesn't need to be current).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Use it all the time for the Hilton Honors program. Luckily, some of my favorite local joints participate, and just used it a couple of times on vacation down in Orlando. My points post every Tuesday...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: SK Gold
I have for several days now tried to access https://www.hiltonhonorsdining.com. The page doesn't load at all. Has the program been discontinued?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Is this available in the UK at all?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I have for several days now tried to access https://www.hiltonhonorsdining.com. The page doesn't load at all. Has the program been discontinued?
Works for me - able to get to the website and login to check my earning status.

David
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by LouisV
Is this available in the UK at all?
U. S. only

Don't feel too disappointed as the participating joints are usually desperate for customers.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I use the United Airlines program in the same network. I have a few places in my home town that are okay to eat at where I se it regularly, away from home I don’t look for it, but occasionally I get a little bonus of points when traveling and I hit an affiliated restaurant. At least with the United program, the point rewards are pretty low unless you sign up for their emails and use the program a certain number of times (ten I think) per year. At best, you’re not going to get a lot of points off this, but it is free, so why not?

warning for a way to foul up that I pioneered....if you pay with an affiliated credit card, but use Apple Pay (and I assume Samsung and the other phone-based systems) you probably won’t get United (or Hilton) bonus points. Made sense once I thought about it, but I didn’t think about it till I was mystified why my points from Mutt’s Amazing Gourmet Hot Dogs never showed up....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.